• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to buy Keen in Logrono

Time of past OR future Camino
Francés, May - July 2023
Yesterday’s 17 mile walk from Los Arcos to Logroño was a killer for my feet. At this point I have walked 100 miles on the CF and my feet have been painful and a major challenge each and every day.

I like the stability of my low rise Keen boots, but even after buying a larger size they are not wide enough in the toe bed. I have been rotating between the Keen boots and a pair of Hoka Stinsons. Likewise, the Stinsons are not wide enough for my swollen feet. I think that’s the only option at this point is to find a store here in Logroño that sells Keen sandals allowing for my toes to recover, but without sacrificing safety and stability.

I have invested a great deal of time trying to get this foot issue resolved. I am finding it very difficult to enjoy the Camino owing to the relentless blisters and the substantial amount of time required each morning simply to apply first aid to my feet in the hope of preventing further damage.
I would greatly welcome any thoughts and suggestions. Thank you.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
all I can say is good luck to you...I never had blisters, but my feet always got tired at the end of the day. Because I didn't have the time, I was often doing 40kms per day and the last 10km were crushers...legs felt strong and great but feet just got wore out. I would take 45 minutes after shutting down and showering to massage my feet like crazy. one day, I didn't do it, and the next day was hard, so I'd definitely figure a way to massage and rub out the soreness

good luck

Yesterday’s 17 mile walk from Los Arcos to Logroño was a killer for my feet. At this point I have walked 100 miles on the CF and my feet have been painful and a major challenge each and every day.

I like the stability of my low rise Keen boots, but even after buying a larger size they are not wide enough in the toe bed. I have been rotating between the Keen boots and a pair of Hoka Stinsons. Likewise, the Stinsons are not wide enough for my swollen feet. I think that’s the only option at this point is to find a store here in Logroño that sells Keen sandals allowing for my toes to recover, but without sacrificing safety and stability.

I have invested a great deal of time trying to get this foot issue resolved. I am finding it very difficult to enjoy the Camino owing to the relentless blisters and the substantial amount of time required each morning simply to apply first aid to my feet in the hope of preventing further damage.

Sorry to hear about the pain and challenges.

Forum Sport sells Keen. Txo shops in Logroño.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I am sorry about your feet. On my first camino my feet were a mess. I had blisters that had gotten infected-- it was a nightmare. It was a result of my shoes being too narrow and too small. A few ideas:
1. I can't tell if you are a man or woman, but if you are a woman, you might want to look at mens shoes. A women's normal width size is a B, a men's normal width size is a D. A women's wide is a D and a men's wide is an E. Men's toe box's are also often bigger.
2. To check fit, I pull out the shoe's insert and put my foot down on it. If and where my foot overlaps the insert is where the sides of the shoe will push my foot in and rub against the skin. So the shoe is not shaped correctly for my foot. One option is to tape at these points. I use leukotape. The best option, of course, is to find a pair of shoes where your feet don't overlap the insert anywhere.
3. Do you have a pair of Teva sandals? (Or something like them?) Can you walk in a pair? Maybe on the flat? They are cushioned, and will give you blisters a chance to heal, and air out.
4. Your feet may have grown. My feet were two sizes bigger after my first camino. My muscles just grew as I used them. My feet hit the ground differently than they used to. (Strong feet!)
5. I like shoes where I can walk using my toes. All toes should be able to wiggle and move and grip.
6. Do you have a pair of liner socks? I find them helpful.

SabsP,
The moment I saw your remark about Forum Sport’s Logroño store this morning I immediately called them only to learn that they were 3 minutes from closing time and would not re-open until this evening. Thankfully they agreed to stay open a few minutes longer which meant that I had to literally run 0.3 miles on my screaming blisters eventually arriving at the store. En route to the store the wind blew my sun hat off my head. I could not find it anywhere on the street until a passerby explained that the hat had become lodged within the upper frame of my backpack.

I was hoping to buy the Hurricane model Teva sandals, but the only available Teva sandals in the store in my size was an unfamiliar model that apparently was released very recently, “Teva Winsted”. I wasn’t able to find many reviews for Winsted, so I am uncertain how well they will withstand the daily wear and tear of the Camino. Although for the 50 Euros I paid, I will take the gamble in the hope that they will do the trick. I am wearing them now in combination with the pair of Superfeet orthotic inserts recommended by my podiatrist.

Forum Sports also had (70 Euro) Merrell sandals but they seemed to have a very minimal arch. In my case, a substantial arch is critical, because I have collapsed arches.

kelleymac,
I recently spoke to my podiatrist back home. He suggested that I stop wearing thick wool Darn Tough socks and switch over to thinner, synthetic socks. The thinner socks seem to be the correct solution for me, because when wearing Hoka Stinson and Keen boots, thicker socks left precious little room between the top of my feet and the ceiling of the shoe. In my experience, a few millimeters of additional free space can translate into a superior walking experience.

Thanks again for your prompt input!

SabsP,
The moment I saw your remark about Forum Sport’s Logroño store this morning I immediately called them only to learn that they were 3 minutes from closing time and would not re-open until this evening. Thankfully they agreed to stay open a few minutes longer which meant that I had to literally run 0.3 miles on my screaming blisters eventually arriving at the store. En route to the store the wind blew my sun hat off my head. I could not find it anywhere on the street until a passerby explained that the hat had become lodged within the upper frame of my backpack.

I was hoping to buy the Hurricane model Teva sandals, but the only available Teva sandals in the store in my size was an unfamiliar model that apparently was released very recently, “Teva Winsted”. I wasn’t able to find many reviews for Winsted, so I am uncertain how well they will withstand the daily wear and tear of the Camino. Although for the 50 Euros I paid, I will take the gamble in the hope that they will do the trick. I am wearing them now in combination with the pair of Superfeet orthotic inserts recommended by my podiatrist.

Forum Sports also had (70 Euro) Merrell sandals but they seemed to have a very minimal arch. In my case, a substantial arch is critical, because I have collapsed arches.

kelleymac,
I recently spoke to my podiatrist back home. He suggested that I stop wearing thick wool Darn Tough socks and switch over to thinner, synthetic socks. The thinner socks seem to be the correct solution for me, because when wearing Hoka Stinson and Keen boots, thicker socks left precious little room between the top of my feet and the ceiling of the shoe. In my experience, a few millimeters of additional free space can translate into a superior walking experience.

Thanks again for your prompt input!
Maybe check out the Logrono Decathlon. They have sandals.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Depending on how much time you have…try Amazon.com but the one in Spain. They’ll deliver to where you’re staying!

this is too late but there is a great sports store in logrono who sell keens.. the name is "Planeta Agua" they are close to albergues, cathedral- nice people. posting for future reference

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.