• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to buy toe socks along the Camino Frances?

Joanne P

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances June 2018 & June 2023
I find the Ininji liner toe socks to be fantastic for preventing blisters between my toes, but they tend to wear out quickly.
Has anyone found places along the Camino Frances where these can be purchased?

Thank you.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hi, I buy my injinji socks online at i-run.fr. They deliver quickly (3 days from France to Switzerland). I guess if you can arrange delivery at an accomodation a few days ahead, that could work.

As for your other question, depending on what shoes you wear, do low socks? mini-crew or no-show? I love the mini-crew for almost any activity.

Thank you. Good point re mini crew or no show socks. I've probably become too focused on getting hiking socks. Maybe an everyday pair of socks will work (although not as thick).
Hi, I buy my injinji socks online at i-run.fr. They deliver quickly (3 days from France to Switzerland). I guess if you can arrange delivery at an accomodation a few days ahead, that could work.

As for your other question, depending on what shoes you wear, do low socks? mini-crew or no-show? I love the mini-crew for almost any activity.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Injinji mini crew come in different thickness. For hiking and running my favourites are the run and ultrarun with coolmax. I don't use liners though.

We live in injinji socks and have been extolling their virtues for running and walking for ages. The thinner versions for running will wear out with long haul walking. You need to go up in thickness and they will easily cope with the workload.

I found the lightest weight Ininji last me around 100 miles. The original weight coolmax are much more durable. Get around 1000 miles but the get stinky very quickly. I recently switch to xoskin which are even better at elimination blister, way more durable than the merino Ininji (have 1100 miles on first pair) and are fairly odor resistant

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I find the Ininji liner toe socks to be fantastic for preventing blisters between my toes, but they tend to wear out quickly.

Thank you.
Last year I bought 2 pairs of Injinji socks in Pamplona , the store is called Caminoteca and it is just a few meters away from the municipal albergue .

It’s been a few years but I bought a pair in Astorga at a hiking store, just off the main plaza.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Iberia failed to transport my pack on my flight but I was fortunate to find a Decathlon store in my starting city. They had what I needed.

I did not see any in the shops I stopped in. Thankfully my thin Injinji liner socks held up fine for the Frances (SJPDP to Muxia/Finisterre) and the Norte/Primitivo (Hendaye to Santiago). My daughter also wore hers with no problem on the Frances (SJPDP to Santiago).

I did decide after my socks wouldn't dry on the Norte due to cool/damp weather many days in a row, and not being able to locate toe socks when I needed them - I won't hike with less than 3 pairs of Injinji toe sock liners. It was easy to buy regular socks though - so still only bring 2 pairs of my darn tough socks. (I pair my to socks with a second sock)

XOsocks look great and the reviews are also very good. But they don't seem to be available in Australia, and the shipping from the US is three times the cost of the socks. Anyone know of suppliers in Aus (yes I've Googled but not everyone has an online site).

Thank you.
I just saw them in a Camino-oriented store in Santo Domingo de la Calzada. Store is right along the Camino.

XOsocks look great and the reviews are also very good. But they don't seem to be available in Australia, and the shipping from the US is three times the cost of the socks. Anyone know of suppliers in Aus (yes I've Googled but not everyone has an online site).
Probably too late for you this trip but Creepers, made in NZ and shipped from Melbourne. https://creeperssocks.com.au

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Very recently tried this out and it works. Amazon.es delivered to a locker. On my last trip I purchased hard to find shoes, pole tips, flip flops, The hard part is figuring out where you'll be in like 2-3 days. After that, it's just a minutes time walk to the place, in my experience.

Probably too late for you this trip but Creepers, made in NZ and shipped from Melbourne. https://creeperssocks.com.au
Thanks, I’ve ended up with merino socks from Paire, Australian company. I’ve worn them on my walks with new shoes and they seem pretty good so far, no rubbing or blisters. The test will be the daily grind. Flying out tomorrow, will start walking Wednesday with the blue moon!

Most read last week in this forum

My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hi. Shawn and Lainey are a lovely couple - so positive! - who now live in Galicia and have a Youtube presence "Days we Spend" with plenty of excellent and informative Camino videos - they are...
Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
I am finally embarking on my first camino later this year. I will be taking my Canon R6 camera with me. For others that have taken DLSR’s or mirrorless cameras, what lens or lenses did you find...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.