• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to cross the Rhone?

Kitsambler

Jakobsweg Junkie
Time of past OR future Camino
SJPP 2023
For those who have actually walked the section crossing the Rhone: where did you cross, and how did that work for you? I know there are two crossings marked in the FFGR guide: one west of Clonas-sur-Vareze, and one further north at Les-Roches-de-Condrieu. The latter one seems way out-of-the-way, although it may be more accessible by train. Last year I stopped at Clonas, and took train from Clonas to Lyon, so I am inclined to resume from that point. Unless wiser heads recommend otherwise!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
We crossed at Clonas, following the Camino signs. The GR65 signs will take you to the bridge at Les Roches-de-Condrieu.
You walk behind the protective barrier, and there is a pedestrian path on the bridge.
The only issue we had was getting over the protective barrier to get on the bridge: it was a bit high for my wife.
Bon Chemin!

Attachments

• IMG_20180628_093433.jpg
    IMG_20180628_093433.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20180628_093921.jpg
    IMG_20180628_093921.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20180628_094013.jpg
    IMG_20180628_094013.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 13

Most read last week in this forum

Hello All! I have tried for some time without success to find information online about accommodation along the Via Gebennensis. The 'Online Guide' offered by this website doesn't cover this route...
Hi All I will walk from Geneva to St. Jean Pied de Port in late August. But I want to concentrate on the route from Geneva to Le Puy first. I have never walked in France; unfortunately, I do not...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back