• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to Find a Credencial in Seville (Update February 2013)

hotelmedicis

Commercial Interests
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2001, 2017
VDLP 2013, 2018
I am currently in Seville and just got my credencial and since things seem to have changed so much from what others have posted in other threads I thought I would add this.

I went to the bar "Taberna Miami" at 25 San Jacinto for the credencial as indicated in other threads here on the forum but surprisingly they knew nothing about it. At the same address is the Association des Amigos del Camino de Santiago but I could not find anything anywhere on any of the doors indicating where they were. No one in the bar Miami seemed to know either.

Back at the Cathedral I found a security guard in the Iglesia del Sagario. This is not the main Cathedral but a smaller door located to the left of the Puerta del Bautismo which itself is just to the left of the main door of the Cathedral, the Puerta de la Asuncion. This is on the street where the tram passes so you can´t miss it.

The security guard told me to go this hotel and get the credencial:
Hotel Simon
Calle Garcia de Vinuesa, 19
41001 Sevilla

email: info@hotelsimonsevilla.com
hotel-simon@jet.es
web:
http://www.hotelsimonsevilla.com

It is literally 120 meters from the Cathedral. You exit the Iglesia del Sagario and cross the tram tracks and turn right. You just go down the first street on the left. It´s 100 yards or meters from there. They are ready and waiting in the Hotel Simon with credencials and you simply fill out a form with your information, pay 2 euros, and they give you an offical credencial specific to the Camino de la Plata with 40 places for stamps. On the front of it it says Amigos del Camino de Santiago Via de la Plata and on the back there is a large map of the Via de la Plata.

Once I got this credencial I then walked back to the same security guard in the Iglesia del Sagario in the Cathedral and he led me to a corner where he had a stamp. He stamped it with the offical Cathedral stamp and that was that.

This is what I did today, 6 February 2013. I hope this helps anyone else arriving in Seville without a credencial.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thanks for that excellent update.
The Amigos also sell a good guidebook (I am told) but there is confusion on where & when to find them open. Not a good thing when you don't have time to wait around a day or so to sort it out.

Hope it becomes clearer before I get there...in August...so have a bit of time to sort it out. :wink:

Hi, hotelmedicis,

Great to have recent updates. Hope you will keep in touch with the forum, it's a lot of fun to travel along from afar! I walked in May, so I'm sure your experience will be very different.

Buen camino, Laurie

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I also understand the Triana Backpackers also sells the pilgrim passport along with English guides?

Has anybody been able to confirm this?

That is good to know about the Triana Backpacker hostel selling the credencial, I was unaware of this. I will stop by there today and have a look. There are many hostels in Seville, some with prices as low as 8 or 9 euros per night. The one I´m in is 9.90 per night (even cheaper if booked in advance on the net) and includes all the free coffee, tea, hot chocolate and kitchen use you would want. Free internet. Quiet and cosy place. It´s called the Hostel One Sevilla Alameda.

The Hotel Simon where I got my credencial is conveniently located next to the cathedral (for stamping purposes) and I would imagine that the reception is open all day long if not 24 hours.

My departure date is uncertain as the sun is so wonderfully bright here and a glass of beer is only .40 cents in some places, .70 in others and the tapas are out of this world. A three course lunch with a bottle of wine is only 6.50. Will be on the camino soon however.

UPDATE: The office of the Amigos del Camino de Santiago has moved. They are no longer located at 25 San Jacinto. You will find them at the following address:

Amigos del Camino de Santiago
C/ Castilla nº 82, Local. 41010 SEVILLA
Teléfono y Fax: 0034 954 335 274
email: viaplata@viaplata.org
http://www.viaplata.org

They are now right on the Camino. You cross the Triana bridge coming from the direction of the cathedral and follow the Camino taking the first right. They are just up the street on the righthand side at number 82 on the ground floor, first door on your left. You can´t miss it. You can get a credencial there. They are only open from 18:00 to 20:00 November to March and 19:00 to 21:00 April to October. The woman at the Triana Hostel told me that they are closed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday but I have yet to confirm this.

Also, the Triana Backpackers hostel has the credencial for 2 euros but they do not sell any guide books whatsoever. Only the credencial which is the same one as can be found near the cathedral at the Hotel Simon. (See above post for address.)

Albergue Triana Backpackers
C/Rodrigo de Triana 69
41010 Sevilla
sevillatriana@gmail.com
http://www.trianabackpackers.com
0034 954 459 960

I also confirmed with a second adminstrator at the cathedral that they no longer deliver the credencial, they only stamp them. That person also referred me to the Hotel Simon.

I hope this information will be helpful to others arriving in Seville.
This information is current as of 7 February 2013

hotelmedicis said:
UPDATE: The office of the Amigos del Camino de Santiago has moved. They are no longer located at 25 San Jacinto. You will find them at the following address:

Teléfono y Fax: 0034 954 335 274
email: viaplata@viaplata.org.es

They are now right on the Camino. You cross the Triana bridge coming from the direction of the cathedral and follow the Camino taking the first right. They are just up the street on the righthand side at number 82 on the ground floor, first door on your left. You can´t miss it. You can get a credencial there. They are only open from 18:00 to 20:00 November to March and 19:00 to 21:00 April to October. The woman at the Triana Hostel told me that they are closed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday but I have yet to confirm this.

Also, the Triana Backpackers hostel has the credencial for 2 euros but they do not sell any guide books whatsoever. Only the credencial which is the same one as can be found near the cathedral at the Hotel Simon. (See above post for address.)

Albergue Triana Backpackers
C/Rodrigo de Triana 69
41010 Sevilla
sevillatriana@gmail.com
http://www.trianabackpackers.com
0034 954 459 960

I also confirmed with a second adminstrator at the cathedral that they no longer deliver the credencial, they only stamp them. That person also referred me to the Hotel Simon.

I hope this information will be helpful to others arriving in Seville.
This information is current as of 7 February 2013

I am disappointed to learn the Triana Backpackers does not sell any guidebooks. Indicates on their website they do and I was hoping to purchase a couple copies from them.

My wife and I are probably only in Seville during the weekend, so the office will be closed.

Can you buy the guidebooks elsewhere in Seville ?

I have been trying to work out how to get the Sevilla Amigos guidebook, also.

You can't get it on the website unless you want to go through the very expensive and troublesome process of a bankdraft...no credit cards.

Wish I know someone in Sevilla who could get one and post it to me.
Hope someone will come up with an idea and post it here.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
The kind people at the Triana Backpackers have offered to pick up a copy for me, prior to our arrival in Seville.

Due to this kind generosity, I have gone ahead a booked a private room with them for the weekend.

On the group's website, http://www.viaplata.org/, they indicate how to order the book by mail. You need to get 20 euros transferred to their bank account, and the page lists the acount number, the IBAN number, and the BIC Code (I think we call that something different in English). It should be simple, especially since they also have an email address so you can communicate with them about what you are doing. The 20 euros includes postage.

The guide is in English, Spanish and French. I have never seen it -- I relied exclusively on the eroski pages, which I printed out in a nice booklet form and threw away as I went. They were excellent and had all the information I needed. But I have heard good things about this book, too, I think.

Buen camino, Laurie

peregrina2000 said:
On the group's website, http://www.viaplata.org/, they indicate how to order the book by mail. You need to get 20 euros transferred to their bank account, and the page lists the acount number, the IBAN number, and the BIC Code (I think we call that something different in English). It should be simple, especially since they also have an email address so you can communicate with them about what you are doing. The 20 euros includes postage.

The guide is in English, Spanish and French. I have never seen it -- I relied exclusively on the eroski pages, which I printed out in a nice booklet form and threw away as I went. They were excellent and had all the information I needed. But I have heard good things about this book, too, I think.

Buen camino, Laurie

Hi Laurie

Not sure if I want to go through the process of transfering an overseas payment, since here in Canada I will probably be charged another 15 dollars for this pleasure from my friendly bank.

I have a pdf copy of another guidebook without maps, which I downloaded from another site. The same site also sells a kindle version of the same thing but supposedly includes maps, though I am not sure given what I have seen on the Amazon site.
http://www.caminoguide.net/downloads/Vi ... aGuide.pdf

http://www.amazon.com/Walking-Seville-S ... 158&sr=1-3

I will probably carry the pdf version and/or some maps on my iPad while the other half can carry the good old fashioned paperback version, which we can hopefully get in Seville at Triana Backpackers.

Given that I had make homemade guidebooks for the Via Francigena when we walked it back in 2008 and I walked the Camino a second time with an 6 year old out of date guidebook, I think I should okay but you never know - I have been accused of getting lost in a round room looking for the corner :)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I just returned from the office of the Amigos del Camino de Santiago and I can confirm a few things. First of all they are indeed closed on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and are open only from 6pm to 8pm as indicated above. A man arrived promptly at 6pm. The guide books are available there in French, English and Spanish. They look good but I didn´t buy one as I´m using a French one that I picked up in Paris. They have a lot of stuff for sale: walking sticks, T-shirts, pins and a few other things. Plus lots of maps and other information of course.

The guide books appear to be self-published and are not available elsewhere in Seville as far as the man who was there knew. He said that sometimes the Triana Backpackers hostel has copies but "if they don´t buy them, they don´t have them." I am glad to read that they will pick up a copy for jirit. Perhaps if enough people email them about it they will begin to restock them. They are only 10 minutes away by foot so I don´t imagine it would be a big deal.

The new location of the Amigos del Camino de Santiago is actually closer to the Puenta del Cachorro which is the bridge farther north and connects to the area of the bus station at Plaza de Armas, so do take that into consideration if you are walking from the northern part of Seville. In this case of course number 82 will be on your left as you go down Calle Castilla.

The man in the office also confirmed that there are only three places to buy the credencial in Seville: The Hotel Simon (see previous posts), the Triana Backpackers Hostel and the Office of the Amigos del Camino de Santiago de Sevilla.

I hope this updated information is useful to those arriving in Seville.

peregrina2000 said:
Laurie..
It really is not simple to do a small bank transfer from the U.S. or Canada. I went through this a while back (not this one) and it was not simple. It is not common for the public in
the U.S. or Canada to do this and there does not seem to be a smooth flowing operation.
It cost me $30. USD handling fee. above the 20 euro I was trying to send. There may be someone here who does it easier and cheaper but I sure was not able to find it.
Sure wish the Amigos took credit cards. :?

ADDED: Many thanks to those who have updated us on the current Sevilla situation.

I have often wondered about why it is so complicated and expensive to do bank transfers from the US. We have a number of regular transfers from US to either Spain or Portugal and luckily our bank does it for us free of charge, but I know that's not normal.

In Europe, many regular transactions are handled by bank transfers. We paid our rent and all our bills in Portugal by bank transfer. Whenever we rented a casa rural or had to pay a deposit, we did it by bank transfer. No charge, no hassle. Why is the US so far behind in this regard?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I have turned into a "sticky" post which means it will stay among the top topics on the Via de la Plata forum.

I did make my own guide base on information from other guides which I will be happy to e-mail but since it was put together in 1999 I guess it will be well out of date. I can only send the written part as the maps were 50+ MB.

When I bought my Amigos guide to the VDLP I think I got it from the turismo in the centre of Seville but this was years ago so whether they still sell them I don't know, but it was very useful.
Liz

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I just got this email from the folks at the camino association in Seville

¡Hola Neville!

You can buy the guidebook in English also in thebookshop LA CASA DEL LIBRO in the Velazquez Street, nº 8 or order it by the Internet.

Un saludo,
Zofia

The location of LA CASA DEL LIBRO:
http://www.google.com/maps?q=&layer=c&z ... =0CKYBEKcf

Regards

Nice work jirit! I was actually standing outside the bookstore when I read your post. I can confirm that the Casa del Libro has 14 copies of the guidebook and they are all in English.

Casa del Libro
Velasquez, 8
41001 Sevilla
sevilla@casadellibro.com
Tel. 0034 902 026 410

Open Monday through Saturday
9:30 am to 9:30 pm
Closed on Sundays.

hotelmedicis said:
Nice work jirit! I was actually standing outside the bookstore when I read your post. I can confirm that the Casa del Libro has 14 copies of the guidebook and they are all in English.

Casa del Libro
Velasquez, 8
41001 Sevilla
sevilla@casadellibro.com
Tel. 0034 902 026 410

Closed on Sundays.

Other than buying it directly from the association I think this bookstore in Seville is the only other place one can buy the book. I searched the ISBN number and found "copies" at some other locations but it seems only the older editions. The latest edition found what I can determine is the 2011 edition.

I gather this book is a simple coil bound 100 page flip book of 1/2 maps and 1/2 directions - very lightweight and probably very suitable to the path.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
jirit said:
hotelmedicis said:

Casa del Libro
Velasquez, 8
41001 Sevilla
sevilla@casadellibro.com
Tel. 0034 902 026 410

Closed on Sundays.

Other than buying it directly from the association I think this bookstore in Seville is the only other place one can buy the book. I searched the ISBN number and found "copies" at some other locations but it seems only the older editions. The latest edition found what I can determine is the 2011 edition.

I gather this book is a simple coil bound 100 page flip book of 1/2 maps and 1/2 directions - very lightweight and probably very suitable to the path.

That´s correct, it´s coil-bound and fairly lightweight with a map on one page and directions, photos and information on the other. At the end of the book there is a sticker indicating that the compiling of the information was completed on 30 December 2010 and then published in 2011. From this I would then gather that the information is 2 years old.

It´s really funny that I was literally standing outside that bookstore about to check out the guidebook situation when I read your post. It blew me away. It´s great to see that it is available elsewhere in Seville.

By the way, the book costs 10 euros.

must be serendipity

I also had been hunting around for a guide to the VDLP, and by chance found someone here in Sydney who walked this Camino last year and bought the guide. His copy was in Spanish, but The Amigos del Camino de Santiago de Sevilla have copies in French and English. The book is sufficient and factual, so is lightweight. Triana Backpackers are kindly getting a copy for me as my time in Sevilla will not coincide with the Amigos opening times.
The cost of a bank transfer from Australia is also exhorbitant at $30.
The Amigos website is well worth checking out, although written in Spanish. The address is:
I start walking on April 7 so may meet some of you on the way.
Buen Camino. David

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hi.

I bought the 10-euro spiral-bound guidebook this past November from the Amigos. Pros: It's a great quick overview of the route -- simple maps, brief overviews of the terrain/towns and a handy checklist of what amenities are in most of the towns you pass through. Cons: It's a not-that-great English translation from Spanish, so the sentences don't read properly. The miliarios indicated on the map weren't always there. It doesn't list any detours or poorly marked stretches, and of course it's two years old.

For those of you who like app guides, I've got one, of course, and the head of the Triana Backpackers hostel said he was producing one, too (as of last November). He's a native Spanish speaker, and he said he was translating his current Spanish app guide into about four other languages, including English, so the big question will be about the quality of the translation.

So that's what I know!

Melanie

Hi Everyone
After I walk the Pyrenees from St Jean Pied de Port to Pamplona, I am commencing the Via de la Plata on the 14th April.
Thanks to all the threads here I have booked into Triana backpackers who will provide the credential and also they will get the guidebook in for you.
I have downloaded Melanies App and its fantastic.
Hope to see and meet some of you on the trail.
Ciao for now
Joanne :D

When staying at the Triana Backpackers in April 2o11 I was lucky enough to meet an Englishman who spoke good Spanish and who took me to the weekly evening meeting held by the Amigos. We got our credentials there, and they were distinctive in that they had a colourful map of the Via de la Plata route on the reverse side from where you placed the sellos. They were a little economical with the spaces allowed for the stamps - there were only 40 spots available, and at 25km per day for the 1000km walk, that is all the spaces used up neatly by only getting one stamp each day.

I must say that the Triana Backpackers is a great place to start your camino.

Alan

Be brave. Life is joyous.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Having just finished a rather wet trip out to Finisterre I flew down to Seville from Santiago for a few days. Many friends had told me how beautiful it was and Iam interested in attempting the Via de la Plata in the future. The Amigos have an office @:
Calle Castilla 82, and the opening hours are 1000 - 1200 & 1900 - 2100 Phone 696600602. This is located in the area of Triana which is on the West bank of the river, in fact the actual Camino goes right up that street.
I found them to be extremely helpful, they provide credentials, advice and a guide book in several languages that was updated in 2010.
Seville is a beautiful city. I would recommend spending a day in it to view some of the sights. The Plaza de Espana is a must see, in my opinion it is up there with the most beautiful buildings of Europe.
There is no Auberge in Seville but there are a host of hotels and cheap private hostels, the tourist office at the rear of the cathedral will help out there.
I intend to start in Cadiz, 172Kms south of Seville. The guide book breaks this down into 6 stages the last one being Ultrera 32Kms south of the city, there is an Auberge located in Guillena 22.2Kms north of Seville and I will plan on staying in those.
Best of luck & Beun Camino to all who pass through Seville.

I walked part of VDLP in April this year, and I bought my credential from Triana Backpackers. I emailed them before I left Australia requesting that I needed the Amigos guide and they had it ready for me on arrival. They keep a room available only for peregrinos which is close to the front door so that we can get a good night's sleep and leave early if we wish. I highly recommend them for being very helpful.

There is no Auberge in Seville but there are a host of hotels and cheap private hostels, the tourist office at the rear of the cathedral will help out there....

Another place in Seville to consider for overnight pilgrim accommodation is the Monasterio de Santa Rosalia. Read this earlier Forum thread for more info.

MM

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I am home and have 3 blank pilgrim passports in my backpack. My first Camino from Portugal, the cathedral in Porto was out so I had to wait until I got to Rates. I bought a half dozen blanks so I don't have to wait around when I go on my next Camino.

I didn't bother reading all the replies. The Camino office in Sevilla is actually the other side of the river in Trianna, the old gypsy quarter. The route goes right by it. At least it did this time last fall.

I got the English edition of spiral copy at Hotel Simon. I also saw the Spanish version which was similar colour, shape and size. However Triana Backpackers had a wider , different colour, spiral bound edition. It appeared to have better display of elevations. Perhaps it was for cyclists. I didn't study it in detail as I assumed I was going to pick up a similar copy.

Hello crackmrmac,
I am hoping to walk Via de la Plata in April/May and would like to have The Amigos guidebook. Did you arrange with Hotel Simon to pick up a copy for you?
Maura

Hi Maura,
I had no prior contact with Hotel Simon. While I had my Irish Credencial booklet with me, my walking partner had none and so we called there. The English edition wasn't at desk but helpful gentleman went to fetch one from an office in hotel.
You're in for a treat on day 3 of route.
Buen Camino.

Hi Maura,
I had no prior contact with Hotel Simon. While I had my Irish Credencial booklet with me, my walking partner had none and so we called there. The English edition wasn't at desk but helpful gentleman went to fetch one from an office in hotel.
You're in for a treat on day 3 of route.
Buen Camino.
Thank you for the advice. I like the Irish Credencial booklet and have used one on each camino
Maura

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Maura
Will you be on your own ?, I haven't booked flights yet but intend going Tues after Easter or thereabouts, it will be my 4th Camino. I have space on an Irish Credencial for another Camino but fancy getting the Via special. I got the Norte special and it was nice. But Hospitaleros and others really like the "Irish"...so a good way to get off to a good start. Keep posting here any updates. I have CSJ guide and a Tourist guide which lists the stages and basics. (free guide). And will print off Jirit's pdf and Laurie's notes.

Hello Una Dara
I have not yet booked a flight but am hoping to start from Seville April 2nd. At the moment I am going on my own. I am trying to gather as much information as I can. I am looking forward it and hoping it all goes well.Buen Camino
Maura

As of November 2012 the Pilgrim office in Seville was actually in Triana. I guess we know now it is still there. AND I give high marks to the Triana Backpackers Hostel . One of the best I have ever stayed in. Triana is a great little pueblo as well, very lively in the evenings after siesta.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
That is good to know about the Triana Backpacker hostel selling the credencial, I was unaware of this. I will stop by there today and have a look. There are many hostels in Seville, some with prices as low as 8 or 9 euros per night. The one I´m in is 9.90 per night (even cheaper if booked in advance on the net) and includes all the free coffee, tea, hot chocolate and kitchen use you would want. Free internet. Quiet and cosy place. It´s called the Hostel One Sevilla Alameda.

The Hotel Simon where I got my credencial is conveniently located next to the cathedral (for stamping purposes) and I would imagine that the reception is open all day long if not 24 hours.

My departure date is uncertain as the sun is so wonderfully bright here and a glass of beer is only .40 cents in some places, .70 in others and the tapas are out of this world. A three course lunch with a bottle of wine is only 6.50. Will be on the camino soon however.

This Hostel One Sevillana Alameda has changed their price !: If I book 2 month in advance they will charge me 18 Euros fror a 4 beds dormitory !

Hello crackmrmac,
I am hoping to walk Via de la Plata in April/May and would like to have The Amigos guidebook. Did you arrange with Hotel Simon to pick up a copy for you?
Maura

Hi Maura,
I too am walking the VDLP arriving Seville approx on May 8th. Would be lovely to meet up along the way. Angela

Hello Angela
I will be a week ahead of you, I arrive in Seville March 31st and hope to start walking on Tuesday 1st. Our paths may cross on the way. Buen Camino
Maura

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Maura,
I too am walking the VDLP arriving Seville approx on May 8th. Would be lovely to meet up along the way. Angela
Hi Angela, I shall be in Seville on May 10th, starting May 11th. Booked in to Trianna Backpackers. May see you on the Camino
Vivienne

Hi Angela, I shall be in Seville on May 10th, starting May 11th. Booked in to Trianna Backpackers. May see you on the Camino
Vivienne
Hi Vivienne,
I may see you, I arrive May 8th but am now thinking about quick day trips from Seville before I start walking. There are so many beautiful things to see down there, I feel like a kid in a candy shop. I'll look out for you at Trianna. Angela

€83,-
Hi Vivienne,
I may see you, I arrive May 8th but am now thinking about quick day trips from Seville before I start walking. There are so many beautiful things to see down there, I feel like a kid in a candy shop. I'll look out for you at Trianna. Angela

I have been to Seville before so I am arriving on the 10th & starting on the 11th. Maybe see you there at Trianna. Take care exploring

Very helpful information on obtaining the credential. Thank you!!! I'll be arriving in Seville on May 8th and begin walking on the 10th!

Hello everyone, thank you for all of the information. I arrive in Seville April, 7 2015 and will pickup my guide and be on my way on April 8th. Looking forward to meeting a few pilgrims along the way. Buen Camino.

I think that I will be walking the VDLP in late March or early April. I have not worked out my schedule yet. My Spanish is not very good. I hope this will not be a problem. Also, this is good information on where to find a Credencial. I will do some research in Seville as well and post any new information if necessary. Thank you.

Update on where to buy credential - Hotel Simon sells them for 3 Euros and has the guide books for 11 Euros. Hostel Trian sells credentials for 2 Euros. Not sure about the Amigos.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Today, Sat 16th May 2015 I went to the Iglesia del Sagario to have my credential stamped. Mass was being celebrated and so no security guard in attendance. I did other things and returned later about 15:00 and then it was closed. So I wandered around to the visitors entrance and asked the security guard managing the queue. He directed me to jump the queue and go to the closest cashier who stamped my credential.
The I start my Camino sunrise tomorrow. Thankfully the early season heatwave has abated.

Hotel Simon
Calle Garcia de Vinuesa, 19
41001 Sevilla

email: info@hotelsimonsevilla.com
hotel-simon@jet.es
web:
http://www.hotelsimonsevilla.com

Picked up our credentials at the Hotel Simon this morning. Just go to the small reception desk and say anything approximating credential and the person manning the reception will say 3 euros (per credential) and with payment received your credential will slide across the counter. The Hotel Simon will stamp it if you like or you can go to the main entrance of the cathedral, where you buy tickets to view the interior, and any person at the ticket counter will stamp it for free. If it is a long queue you might want to ask if you can jump the line just to get the stamp. Quite an easy process. BTW the first yellow arrows we saw, after the cathedral, were leading us right down past the Hotel Simon.

John

Hi,

I haven't seen in the thread if this has already been mentioned, but why not ask them to send you a credential by mail? I got mine from Valencia in 2014 and from Alicante in 2015 one month before departure so I could concentrate on the journey and the first stage, without hunting for the credential after my arrival. Same thing for the guidebooks. Surely you could ask those people in Sevilla to send you one?

/BP

I guess you could, but I prefer anyway to spend a couple of days at my starting point, to relax, unwind, get into the spirit. Why just touch down in Sevilla and immediately heading out agin without enjoying this beautiful city? Buen Camino, SY

I guess you could, but I prefer anyway to spend a couple of days at my starting point, to relax, unwind, get into the spirit. Why just touch down in Sevilla and immediately heading out agin without enjoying this beautiful city? Buen Camino, SY

I stand corrected, Syates! :OD

Nothing to correct ;-) just two different ways to approach the same problem/situation. Buen Camino, SY

Last edited:
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Just to confirm earlier information in this thread: Hotel Simon still has Credenciales as of February 2016 ;-)

Buen Camino, SY

In a recent thread concerning a 'clampdown' on non-official credentials (which I can't find now but said it can result in the refusal of the award of a Compostela) I queried where officially-recognised credentials for the VdlP route could be found in Sevilla.

One poster suggested I put the question to the pilgrim office for the definitive position on the matter. I did this and their kind response is shown in full below. As already reported, it may may be that other places offer the same credential (the link to the official credential should help here), but at least you can't go wrong if you get one from the places the pilgrim office recommends.

----------
(Quote)....... I have attached a copy of the Official Credential of the Cathedral of Santiago. You can get an official credential valid to be awarded with the Compostela after having finished your camino in the following address in Sevilla:

HERMANDAD SACRAMENTAL DE SANTIAGO Y DEL REDENTOR CAUTIVO
C/ Ponce de Léon, 4
41710 Utrera
SEVILLA

PARROQUIA SAN MARTÍN DE TOURS
Plaza de Nuestra Señora de Cuatrovitas
41110 Bollullos de la Mitación
SEVILLA

Best regards,

Oficina de Acogida al Peregrino
S.A.M.I.Catedral de Santiago
Tel.: 981 568 846

credencialesperegrinos@catedraldesantiago.es
www.peregrinossantiago.es
--------

ps- I hope the original thread was not an April Fool joke or a bad case of Chinese Whispers but it is better to be safe than sorry!

The office of the Amigos del Camino de Santiago has moved. They are no longer located at 25 San Jacinto. You will find them at the following address:

Hotel Simon still has Credenciales as of February 2016

Can anyone confirm that that Amigos Office is still open at this address? The above quote is from an old post. I'm hoping to get my credential there the evening before I leave on the camino in a month.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Can anyone confirm that that Amigos Office is still open at this address? The above quote is from an old post. I'm hoping to get my credential there the evening before I leave on the camino in a month.

Best to call first and confirm that the office will be open that evening, since the office is open only select evenings.

Hotel Simon should be always open, is near the Cathedral and on/very close to the Camino. Just ask at the reception for a credencial. See: http://hotelsimonsevilla.com/servicios/servicios-anadidos-2/ Buen Camino, SY
Hello SYstes,

I am sitting in the lobby of the Hotel Simon, here in Seville, and they are all out of passports! The clerk told me they will not be getting any until Monday or Tuesday, and I was hoping to start tomorrow, Sunday. I was actually planning to leave today but woke up sick this morning. I am not sure if it's bad food or water?

Anyway, if you, or anyone else that is seeing this, could give me some advise about what I could do?

Thanks,
Ted

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Sorry, SYates.

Hi @Ted Stek
Have you tried the cathedral? If they are out also ask the staff at Hotel Simon to be so kind to call Triana Backpackers for you and to ask them if they have one in stock. Buen Camino, SY

PS If there is none left in the whole of Sevilla, just start with a blank sheet of paper or a small paper notebook until you find one on route ...

Will they know who Triana Backpackers is or should I Google it for them?

Thanks for your quick response. This is just one of the three hard days I have had coming here so far, but I look at it as just part of the Camino experience and I take it for what it is, and stay positive! All will make for a good and funny story.

Ted

Wow!! Found one at the Triana Backpackers!

Dario, the hotel clerk at the Hotel Simon called and confirmed it for me. Headed over there now.

Now I hope I feel better tomorrow as just these little walks today tired me out?

Thank you sooooo much!

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back