• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD Where to find Covid PCR testing in Paris?

OBSOLETE COVID THREAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Becky 59

Time of past OR future Camino
CF 2018, 2021, CI 2019, CP 2022
I'm hoping someone on the ground can help: I fly into CDG airport this weekend, armed with my Covid PCR test done today and my vaccination card etc etc. But I'm staying in Paris overnight before taking the train to Bayonne the following day, by which time my first Covid test from today will be over 72 hours old. I just got an email from Ouigo informing me I need another Covid test <72 hours before I board the train in order to get my "Pass Sanitaire". Does anyone know about availability of Covid testing with <24 hour turnaround at CDG?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Honestly Becky, the proportion of people doing the same journey with the same testing regimen and posting on here who are heading off on Camino must be vanishingly small.

There does appear to be useful information on the CdG website however it’s in French.

But: many recent posts on here have suggested that Lateral Flow testing is easily available in pharmacies in France. That takes minutes to give a result.

Check it out. In Paris you can see another pharmacy from every pharmacy.

Becky 59, my wife and I are currently exactly in your situation. We arrived in CDG yesterday. We went to the Montparnasse train station, accompanied by family members who speak fluent French in order to assess the Covid protocol to board the train to Bayonne tomorrow.

There are many workers there wandering around at the train station with blue vests whose job it is to scan the pass sanitair and then wrap a blue bracelet around people to show they are OK to board the train.

We asked one of them if our US Covid card worked and he looked it over and said yes, absolutely. He did look to ensure it had the CDC symbol. You just have to show valid proof of vaccination; it does not have to be just the pass sanitare.

after we returned home, my wife received by email her pass sanitair, but 12 hours later my wait continues. It really does seem to be hit and miss on when you get the QR code - but in the end I really don’t think it will matter since the train will take the US Vax card.

If you really want a test though, there were two booths setup outside the Montparnasse train station that offer 5 minute covid tests.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Yes, a Parisien pharmacy can do an inexpensive and fast test. Also, for what it's worth, we have boarded the French train three times in the past two weeks thus far (TGV, Intercity: Paris-Montpellier-Paris-Le Havre) and no one has checked our Pass. So taking the chance that you won't be asked for it, or presenting your CDC card if asked, might be an option. The other option is to fly to Biarritz (rather than train to Bayonne). At the airport, you can get tested for a fast result before your flight.

I'm hoping someone on the ground can help: I fly into CDG airport this weekend, armed with my Covid PCR test done today and my vaccination card etc etc. But I'm staying in Paris overnight before taking the train to Bayonne the following day, by which time my first Covid test from today will be over 72 hours old. I just got an email from Ouigo informing me I need another Covid test <72 hours before I board the train in order to get my "Pass Sanitaire". Does anyone know about availability of Covid testing with <24 hour turnaround at CDG?
There are Covid testing tents all over Paris and there was a Covid testing site I saw at CDG. I was able to have my vaccination records transferred over to a French QR permanent code at Ă  pharmacie in Paris.

Thank you all for your replies, they are very helpful! Once again, the forum and its numerous contributors came through!

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Status
Not open for further replies.

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.