• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to find ride shares from Biarritz to SJPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

focalmatter

I need to leave Biarritz on 19 October after 10:00am and the buses / trains take longer than I'd like. Outside of posting on this forums, what are some good ways to find a carpool / ride share to St Jean from Biarritz? So far I've checked BlaBlaCar and a few other carpool sites, but to no avail. Are there any major sites I'm missing? Ride sources I'm overlooking?

Thanks!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
1006 Private Hire Taxi and Luggage Transport

Express Bourricot, based in SJPdP, offers 'person transportation' service to and from any location in the region including Biarritz Airport. This service must be arranged in advance. The cost goes down as the number of passengers goes up.

Express Bourricot
http://www.expressbourricot.com/

Thanks for the link. I've actually got a post up in the Taxi Share thread, so hopefully there will be a response there. In the meantime, are there any carpool / rideshare sites that I can check out? I'm trying to keep costs down and hoping there's an affordable option if I can't find anyone to share a taxi with.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
You will be walking for a month. Two hours in Bayonne is not a big time price to pay...
Normally yes, except that the train schedule on Sunday is such that it will put me into SJPP in the late afternoon, too late for me to even make it to Orisson by nightfall. So even though I'll be ready to leave Biarritz at 10am, I'll still lose an entire day due to train times.

I also just heard back from Bourricot and they don't have any trips on Sunday, so that option is out. :(

Normally yes, except that the train schedule on Sunday is such that it will put me into SJPP in the late afternoon, too late for me to even make it to Orisson by nightfall. So even though I'll be ready to leave Biarritz at 10am, I'll still lose an entire day due to train times.

I also just heard back from Bourricot and they don't have any trips on Sunday, so that option is out. :(

Try to see if other people at the airport are going to st jean and maybe they will share a taxi.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Try to see if other people at the airport are going to st jean and maybe they will share a taxi.
Is that a viable option in October? I was considering it but thought that there might not be enough pilgrims coming through for me to find people.

SJPdP is a village of 1800 people. Your transport options are pretty much limited to taxi or public transport. You might get lucky and get a ride from someone but you're not likely to find that someone here; most of us won't be travelling to SJPdP by car.

You're going to have to plan to bite the bullet in terms of cost or time.

You're going to have to plan to bite the bullet in terms of cost or time.
Fair enough. If that's how it is, that's how it is. I'd hoped there was an option or two my research wasn't finding (direct shuttle, paid rideshare, etc) but if the only way to get there is by train or taxi, then I'll just go with one of those. Thanks for the input.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
O
Fair enough. If that's how it is, that's how it is. I'd hoped there was an option or two my research wasn't finding (direct shuttle, paid rideshare, etc) but if the only way to get there is by train or taxi, then I'll just go with one of those. Thanks for the input.

You'll have to confirm if Orisson is still open. It wasn't when I went late October 2012.

Is that a viable option in October? I was considering it but thought that there might not be enough pilgrims coming through for me to find people.

Uhmm, that i dont know, but your gonna be there anyway, so might as well give it a go. Maybe somebody from your own flight or otherwise see if not too far after you landed, another plane is landing.
If you don't try, you'll be sure its not gonna happen :)

You'll have to confirm if Orisson is still open. It wasn't when I went late October 2012.
Thanks for the heads up. I had assumed "open until October" meant through the end of the month. Apparently not!

As Orisson is closed, I'll just be using Hunto as my stopping point on the first day. Which means the train won't put me in too late to make it.

Thanks for the warning!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back