• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to find the Camino to Caminha in Valenca

okuszte

Globetrotter
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2010
Camino Le Puy 2013
Camino Frances 2016
Need help - I am just finishing the Camino Portuges and want to go back go Valenca to walk to Caminha. Can someone help by explaining where to find the starting point of the path in Valenca? I read that there is a bike or walking path all along the river, and I was told that there were blue arrows of the Camino de Fatima.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Need help - I am just finishing the Camino Portuges and want to go back go Valenca to walk to Caminha. Can someone help by explaining where to find the starting point of the path in Valenca? I read that there is a bike or walking path all along the river, and I was told that there were blue arrows of the Camino de Fatima.

Hi, I did a google search and found this blog with lots of detail and photos. Should be easy to follow the route in reverse. Jill
http://peggysbucketlistadventures.blogspot.co.za/2015/06/day-5-caminha-to-valenca-june-22.html

Thanks Jill. I found that too. The blog does not say where to find it in Valença but you are probably right - it should not be hard to find a well-defined path like that.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Thanks Jill. I found that too. The blog does not say where to find it in Valença but you are probably right - it should not be hard to find a well-defined path like that.
It is not that difficult. As long as you follow signs to Vila Nova de Cerveira you will go into the direction of Caminha , in fact it is the N13 road but it is a busy road with a lot of traffic. I drove this road from Valença to Caminha the other day during our annual holiday.
By the way. The infrastructure in Valença is pretty complicated so the best advice is to look for signs to Vila Nova de Cerveira all the time

And by the way. Your question is in the wrong category, in the subforum camino Portugues Interior. That is a different camino at the east side of Portugal, starting nearby Coimbra and hitting the Via de la Plata nearby Ourense in Galicia.
Your post belongs in the subforum Camino Portuges Coastal.

Last edited:
There is a wonderful River Walk that was constructed last year from Valenca to villa nova de Cerveira. I suggest you take that and walk up from river one bock to center of town in VN Cerveira where you can pick up your arrows to Caminha. Some fields with sun out side Valenca but it turns into a nice shaded walk'. The path in Valenca is right by the bridge.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
There is a wonderful River Walk that was constructed last year from Valenca to villa nova de Cerveira. I suggest you take that and walk up from river one bock to center of town in VN Cerveira where you can pick up your arrows to Caminha. Some fields with sun out side Valenca but it turns into a nice shaded walk'. The path in Valenca is right by the bridge.
You also can cross the bridge in Vila Nova de Cerveira and follow the road to A Guarda. Then you avoid the ferry crossing from Caminha to A Guarda
Walking is aside the road. We did not walk that stage but drove it by car but saw some pilgrims doing that because the ferry was not sailing during allmost 2 years in 2014 .

I just saw this post and am probably too late to help you, but am posting the information for anyone else interested.

I walked Caminha to Valenca in 2014 using the map by Luis Freixo. If you can follow a map you should be able to use his map to get from Valenca to Vila Nova de Cerveira or Caminha. Starting from Albergue Sao Teotonio walk around the back side to R Jose Maria Goncalves. After the bombeiros stay left on R Nossa Sra de Fatima. At the traffic circle go right to R Val Flores under the highway, then right on R Ten. Manuel Luiz Alves. It was a pretty quick walk from the river to the albergue, maybe 1.5-2km.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi everyone, I went on a short coastal Camino Portugues in March with my 11 year old son and wanted to share some of my experiences here. We walked a very small part of the Camino. We started...
Hi fellow pilgrims! I have walked 1450km over several years on the Camino Frances alone, without planning much. This year is going to be very different! I have convinced my mom to come with me. I...
Hi, arrived in Porto today starting the coastal camino on Friday! I just found out the hostel I am staying at does not allow pack pick up. Im walking to vila cha 1st day and physically I cannot...
So I’d been given to understand in my pre-Camino research that one could just ask for a copo de agua (glass of water) which is basically tap water on the house. Since arriving in Portugal a few...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back