• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to get credencial/pilgrim passport in Lisbon??

Jillybean83

Hi there,

My friend and I are walking from Lisbon to Santiago from the beginning of September (6th), to the 30th. We will be coming from London but do not have long in the UK before we head over to Portugal.

Is there a place we can get the pilgrim passport in Lisbon?? I can find information on most other topics i.e. what to pack, accommodation... but am not sure about the passport.

Many thanks,

Jill

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hi, Jill,
There are two churches in Lisbon where the credencial is available. All the information you need is in this post: el-camino-portugues/topic11313.html The Igreja dos Martires is much more centrally located.

I have walked the Camino Portugues from Lisbon, and have helped with some of the British Confraternity's on-line guides. I don't know if you've seen them,but they are avaiable at this link: http://www.csj.org.uk/guides-online.htm They are a bit out of date, from 2009, but have more info on the Lisbon-Porto section than the Brierley guide.

The other info that I would add are that there are now two private albergues south of Porto. These are not yet in the on-line guide.

The first one is a km or two outside Mealhada, in Sernadelo, which is about 20+ kms from Coimbra.

Also, a private albergue has opened in a town a few kms beyond the Quinta de Cardiga (which is an amazing, deserted, ruined, castle/palace/estate -- a great place for a picnic/rest/visit).

If my calculations are right, that's about 6 kms north of the town of Golega.

Here's the information
CASA S.CAETANO
Quinta Cardiga - 3kms to V.N.Barquinha
9 / beds with breakfast =15€ / Menu Peregrino=8€
Contacts:
Alexandre Hachmeister (+351) 917 063 823
alexandre.hachmeister@element.​pt

And, finally, the very active Lisbon friends of the Camino group operates a 24/7 SOS peregrino phone, which you can call from anywhere in Portugal if you're in a pinch. The number to call from within Portugal is 915-595-213 Their members speak English, French, German, and probably a few other languages as well. They have taken charge of painting arrows south of Porto and the caminho is now exceptionally well marked.

Well, I guess I've given you way more information than you asked for, but sometimes it's hard to get details on the route south of Porto. Bom caminho to you! Laurie

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi there Laurie,

Wow!! That is so amazingly helpful, thankyou so much! I have ordered the Brierley guide which should be arriving soon, but to get your up-to-date, detailed information and links is great.

Thanks also for the number to call if we get into a pickle, it's always good to know there are people who can help if we get stuck and I guess we are both a little bit nervous!

Very glad I posted this on here,

Jill :)

If you live in the UK you can get one free by sending me a private message with your address.
This credential is issued by The arch Confraternity of Santiago ( The Cathedral authority)
and Peterborough Pilgrims to Santiago, a fraternity in the East of England.

Hello,

You can get the Camino credential at the following address in Lisbon:

Basílica dos Mártires
Rua Garret, 120
1200-445 Lisboa

Tel.: +351 213 462 465

Weekdays - 9h às 19h
Saturday and Sunday - 10h às 20h

BOM CAMINHO
Helena

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back