• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to get shoes in Leon?

brian_garcia

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 2021
Portuguese from Porto 2022
Where to get shoes in Leon

My shoes are wearing out. I’ll Be in Leon in a couple of days

Does anyone know of a place in Leon I can get a pair of shoes to continue my Camino?

I’m hoping to find a pair of brooks cascade, Merrill’s, or Oboz.
Im also open to any suggestions you may have on brands available in Spain

I and my feet thank you

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
From far away, a quick google search took me to El Corte Ingles. There are local people who will have better ideas. You could also sound out the owners of the various places where you stay or eat, in case they have experience of shopping in the city. Good luck! 👣

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Brian, The hours of K2 Planet are 10am-1:45pm and 5pm-8pm daily except Saturday it is
10am-1:45pm. The website shows that they have the brands Brooks,Canyon,Hoka. Although I am unsure what they have in stock.
Thank you

I also recommend K2 Planet… I had my front purse/bag strap wear out by Leon on my first camino (It was “conference swag” not up to the task of daily abuse on the trek.
Staff were lovely and helpful and I left with an Osprey messenger bag that I still use regularly.
I recall that they had a tremendous shoe selection.
Helpful staff… and easy to get to from where I was staying near the cathedral.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I stayed in a lovely hostal there, Hostal Rúa 35 (recommend it highly) on Calle la Rua. There was at least one outfitter on that street, unfortunately I can’t remember the name. It’s in the old part of town right on the Camino.

Last edited:

Does anyone know of a place in Leon I can get a pair of shoes to continue my Camino?

I and my feet thank you
Someone else linked this store:
On page two they had Brooks Cascadias. I have only worn Cascadias for all my caminos.
Good luck

From far away, a quick google search took me to El Corte Ingles. There are local people who will have better ideas. You could also sound out the owners of the various places where you stay or eat, in case they have experience of shopping in the city. Good luck! 👣
Thanks!
I also recommend K2 Planet… I had my front purse/bag strap wear out by Leon on my first camino (It was “conference swag” not up to the task of daily abuse on the trek.
Staff were lovely and helpful and I left with an Osprey messenger bag that I still use regularly.
I recall that they had a tremendous shoe selection.
Helpful staff… and easy to get to from where I was staying near the cathedral.
thank you

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I bought replacement socks at a place I think was called Desportes—had hiking supplies and helpful staff

edit: sorry don’t recall address but it was a block or three away from the cathedral.

Last edited:
I bought replacement socks at a place I think was called Desportes—had hiking supplies and helpful staff

edit: sorry don’t recall address but it was a block or three away from the cathedral.
Or if you will last until Astorga I do recall the name of a place I liked even more:

Desportes Huracan
34-987-61-75-98
Plaza santocildes

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Brian
Another thought occurs to me that if you call ahead now to a store in Leon or Astorga (if you’re Spanish is limited I found they generally had staff who spoke English) even if they don’t carry your brand or size may be able to get it before you arrive (always amazing how fast things besides pilgrims travel through Spain). I replaced socks because a hotel ironed them…couldn’t find my then preferred brand (balega) so bought “trial” socks in Leon and then when they didn’t work others in Astorga. Those socks they recommended (lurbel) were perfect (imho better than balega)…so much so I called Huracan from the Camino to order more pairs to be sent ahead to the “rest stop” hotel I’d booked. They happily handled the order over the phone and even offered to call the hotel to explain why they’d be receiving a package for me.

Unfortunately, I don’t recall the name of the place but it’s near the Cathedral down one of those pedestrian side streets. I was so grateful for my find of these New Balance shoes. Perfect as I was in dire need so I too could finish my Camino. Let us know what you find. Buen Camino!
A107104F-4824-40D6-AC3B-322EF2FF86BA.jpeg

I and my feet thank you
When we were in Leon in '16, there was a great sports shop down the main street heading back East.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Unfortunately, I don’t recall the name of the place but it’s near the Cathedral down one of those pedestrian side streets. I was so grateful for my find of these New Balance shoes. Perfect as I was in dire need so I too could finish my Camino. Let us know what you find. Buen Camino!
View attachment 105483
That was probably Armenian Castro. Unfortunately, they are closed on Saturdays
Thanks for the reply

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

70+ year old, 5 ft. tall, 110 lb. female hiking the full Northern Route (del Norte). My goal is to carry no more than 12 pounds/5.44 kg. Ideally, I'd like to carry less. I'm planning to use a...
Has anyone tried wearing sun sleeves? Seems they might be good for protection from the sun while also perhaps forgoing the need for a long-sleeve shirt? My concern is whether or not the fit is...
Sorry if this seems trivial, but I leave in 26 days for my first Camino (Frances). I’m finalizing my backpack items figuring what makes the honored Final Cut. Question: I was gonna bring a...
I usually wear Motion Control, but thought I might try something new this year. What are YOUR favorites, and why?
Does anyone have any experience with getting a custom rain cover for an Osprey pack? After 4 different caminos I am now grappling with using my rain suit which I prefer vs a poncho because my...
I walked the Camino Portuguese in September 2023 and loved the experience. I'm looking forward to my next Camino sometime in 2025. Although I didn't need a blanket on the Portuguese, I'm...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.