• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to go for medical Foot help in Leon, today!

ellensfootprints

Time of past OR future Camino
October 5 ,2016
After 18 days on Camino France's The Meseta in Sandals has done my Right foot, arch in bad shape. Where should I go for help? Am 66 yrs old from USA. Thanks for any recomendations for Hospital or Urgent Care in Leon.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Depending on where you are staying the hospitalero or the receptionist can direct you to the nearest Centro de Salud (Health Center) where your foot problems will be taken care of. Speedy recovery and Buen Camino, SY

PS It is better to pay the bill directly, if possible, instead of paying from home. Remember to keep the receipts to reclaim the money from your insurance.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
After 18 days on Camino France's The Meseta in Sandals has done my Right foot, arch in bad shape. Where should I go for help? Am 66 yrs old from USA. Thanks for any recomendations for Hospital or Urgent Care in Leon.
Hi - I went to Nuestra Senora de Regla Hospital, just around behind the Catedral with similar problems. The foot doctor spoke some English, and was very nice. They x-rayed my foot for stress fractures, diagnosed it as plantar fasciatis, and he gave me a shot of cortisone or something similar, which while extremely painful, enabled me to walk again. He told me to rest for three days, which we did, and told me what sights I shouldn't miss! I did pay then, as it is a private hospital I believe, 237 euros, and I will submit the bill to my insurance company. While my foot still hurts, we did complete the camino. Good luck getting it taken care of.
And the rest days certainly helped. Cherry

Any foot updates @ellensfootprints ? How are you doing? Buen Camino and speedy recovery! SY
Hey! Thank you for asking . I wobbled over to San Francisco clinic/ hospital? Doctor quickly who said I had Tendinitis , take Acetomyacin , ( Tylenol)stay off my feet for a week. Lucky I had some time. I am leaving Leon in a day an taking train to Sarria.
Can you clarify that Sarria is the town to start at to get your certificate of Camino completion?
I can't believe after 17 days of walking my feet turned against me with Tendinitis! Live an learn. My Dr./ hospital bill was 69 EU. I paid with credit card. Very nice Dr. An spoke enough English. I'm praying the pain doesn't come back when I start walking again!
One ?. What is the best Albergue in Santiago to end ones Camino? I have not yet stayed in any Moasteries. I would like one more Pilgrim expierence before I leave. Thank you so much

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yes, Sarria is the big "enough for Compostela starting point" ;-)

I lately stayed in San Martin Pineiro http://www.hsanmartinpinario.com to get their simple pilgrims rooms do NOT book via website but call/email them. 23 Euro for a simple single room with own bath including breakfast.

Buen Camino and continued recovery, SY

( Tylenol)stay off my feet for a week. Lucky I had some time. I am leaving Leon in a day an taking train to Sarria.
Consider spending some of your "off your feet" time in Astorga. It will mean though that you will have to pick up a skateboard to sightsee.

Hey! Thank you for asking . I wobbled over to San Francisco clinic/ hospital? Doctor quickly who said I had Tendinitis , take Acetomyacin , ( Tylenol)stay off my feet for a week. Lucky I had some time. I am leaving Leon in a day an taking train to Sarria.
Can you clarify that Sarria is the town to start at to get your certificate of Camino completion?
I can't believe after 17 days of walking my feet turned against me with Tendinitis! Live an learn. My Dr./ hospital bill was 69 EU. I paid with credit card. Very nice Dr. An spoke enough English. I'm praying the pain doesn't come back when I start walking again!
One ?. What is the best Albergue in Santiago to end ones Camino? I have not yet stayed in any Moasteries. I would like one more Pilgrim expierence before I leave. Thank you so much

I'm so glad you got the help you needed, and sorry it is changing your plans.
in SdC:
not a true albergue, but you might contact:
http://www.monasteriosanpelayo.org/noticia.php?idnoticia=31

if wanting to stay in an old monastery, there's the Parador (for me pretty, but the service left something to be desired); The AC Palacio del Carmen is supposed to be a converted monastery, but you really need your imagination to see it in places (but I loved the service)

ps I didnt stay at the place @SYates mentioned but I walked into it with a friend looking for a room...it looked really nice

The albergue section of
San Martin Pinario is a VERY good stop in Santiago!

Most pilgrim rooms are singles at 23 Euros, but there are a few double pilgrim rooms and a few rooms with more beds. Ask about these when you email your query. for space to this address >>
info@sanmartinpinario.eu
Do NOT use their on-line booking form or Booking.com which are only for their more expensive regular tourist accommodation.

I have stayed in simple pilgrim rooms in 2011 and December 2012, 2013, 2014 and always found it comfortable and most convenient. Added features are the fact that they are open 24/7 so that you can arrive at anytime, the obliging desk staff are multi-lingual, WiFi is free, there are multiple public spaces for casual conversation and the restaurant (open to all) serves a very good 3 course lunch or dinner with wine for less than 15 Euros. What more does a tired pilgrim need?

Good luck and Buen camino!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
In Santiago we stayed a few nights over a nightclub :eek: (it was unnoticeable from the street.) It didn't really bother me as I wasn't sleeping well anyway but even with exhaustion from walking two months I can't figure out how Peg slept through it. :confused:Other than that it was good value. :rolleyes:

The albergue section of
San Martin Pinario is a VERY good stop in Santiago!

Most pilgrim rooms are singles at 23 Euros, but there are a few double pilgrim rooms and a few rooms with more beds. Ask about these when you email your query. for space to this address >>
info@sanmartinpinario.eu
Do NOT use their on-line booking form or Booking.com which are only for their more expensive regular tourist accommodation.

I have stayed in simple pilgrim rooms in 2011 and December 2012, 2013, 2014 and always found it comfortable and most convenient. Added features are the fact that they are open 24/7 so that you can arrive at anytime, the obliging desk staff are multi-lingual, WiFi is free, there are multiple public spaces for casual conversation and the restaurant (open to all) serves a very good 3 course lunch or dinner with wine for less than 15 Euros. What more does a tired pilgrim need?

Good luck and Buen camino!
And breakfast is fabulous!

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.