• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to lay my stone on the Ingles?

Caminodreams

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2016
I will begin my much needed first Camino next month. Is there a certain place to place my stone along this route?

I buried my husband and I plan on carrying some of his ashes with me. I am not leaving them there. I plan to bring them back as I always planned to bury them with the rest when I was fully ready to let go. I don't know if I will ever be ready but I'm hoping to be....

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Welcome to the forum.

May you find peace and solace as you walk.

I've not walked the Ingles, and I'm not aware of any options like the Cruz de Ferro on the Camino Frances or the Cruz del Salvador on the Camino del Salvador where you might leave a stone in remembrance. But I suspect you will find ample opportunity to do so along the way at some point where it just feels right.

Another thought, if you're going to go out to Muxia or Finisterre would be to leave it there at the coast at sunset.

Last edited:
I will begin my much needed first Camino next month. Is there a certain place to place my stone along this route?

I buried my husband and I plan on carrying some of his ashes with me. I am not leaving them there. I plan to bring them back as I always planned to bury them with the rest when I was fully ready to let go. I don't know if I will ever be ready but I'm hoping to be....
Olá @Caminodreams.
I read your post and recognised your thoughts and feelings. So sorry for you.
I took my beloved ones with me -my first wife and my son who both passed away in the same year 1996- in my heart on the 3 caminos which I walked with my second wife.
I allways wear the weddingring from my first wife . A goldsmith placed a saphire gem into is as a metaphore for my son. So for my peace they are allways with me.
About your stone on the camino Inglès .There is not a specific place on the camino Inglès like the Cruz del Ferro where pilgrims leave something behind.
but there is one place -as far as I remember-you pass where you possibly could leave your stone but I will send you a pm to avoid that everybody is going to do that .

I will let you know later today .
Buen camino

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
If it a small stone, maybe at the start of the Camino .... maybe right on the quayside at Ferrol? Your husband would have loved to be there with you, walking with you, and enjoying the camino with you.DSCF6505.JPG
Just a thought. So many pilgrims must have walked past there, over the last thousand years.
Blessings from East Anglia....

There is no particular place like on the Frances. why not just see how it goes? If you find yourself particularly moved to do so at a particular point then just leave it there? There are some points early on with quite lovely seaside views.

Al beat me to it. The place will find you at the right moment.
Ultreia!!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum

Hi there. I’m thinking of spending around five to seven days walking the Ingles, and would be interested in getting some input. I’ve walked the Portuges from Porto to Santiago, before continuing...
So, I managed to lose my lovely Tilley hat. Left behind I think, in a shop in Cambre. Going back for it not an option as the place is closed today, Sunday. Am I destined to arrive in Santiago...
Howdy folks I am looking forward to doing the St. James Way in England and considering continuing on with the es Camino INGLES. Can anyone share suggestion or have experience with transportation...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back