• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to leave extra luggage

SydneySteve

Hi,

Does anyone have any good ideas on where do you leave their extra luggage while doing the walk. I am doing some travelling after the pilgrimage and was hoping not to back track too much.

Does anyone know a safe way to get luggage to Santiago. There will be a camera etc in the extra luggage so I want it to be as safe as possible.

Any other experiences?

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi Steve,

Are you going to stay one night in Santiago before heading out? If so, your hotel may be willing to store your bags while you walk.

Alternatively, the post below makes a reference to luggage storage boxes at the train station. I have not been to the train station in a while, but I assume they are still there (if you look the posts below are from last year)
viewtopic.php?t=96
viewtopic.php?t=121

... I hope this helps a bit.

Un saludo,
Ivar

Thanks Ivar for your reply.

I missed mentioning that I was flying to Paris and then starting the Camino from St Jean Pied de Port. Do you know of anyway to send extra bagagge from Paris to Santiago.

Thanks again.
Steve

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi again,

The post office in Santiago will keep packages for pilgrims. You mail it to your name at the post office in Santiago (include your name and more or less the date that you will be picking it up). In theory you could mail it from any place (even from home I would think). I have not personally tried this, but heard from many in this forum that has done it without any problems.

Do a search in the forum (at the top of this page or from the forum home page) for "poste restante" and you will find information on this.

Here are some links:
viewtopic.php?p=4633
viewtopic.php?t=955
viewtopic.php?t=861
viewtopic.php?t=96

I hope this helps,
Ivar

Sending Luggage ahead

Hello Steve,
I have a feeling that the pilgrim boxes are only available in Spain. You might have to cart your luggage to St Jean then perhaps you could get it carried over to Pamplona by Caroline from Express Bouricot: Here is some information:

Express Bourricot is based in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port and works from Moissac to Burgos.

Transfer of the pilgrims:
Between Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port and Roncevaux: 9 euros per person
Transport on a route from Moissac to Burgos:
Ø for example between Burgos and Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port for 4 person costs 50 euros pr person
Bearing of the luggage:
Transfer of stage to stage reserved in advance
Tariff: 8 euros by luggage and stage between Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port and Logroño
Tariff for a group: On consultation
Loan of small back pack.

Ø Express Bourricot
Caroline Aphessetche
road of the Michaelmas
64220 Çaro
Ø Tel: 06-61-96-04-76
Ø Email: apcaroline@hotmail.com

http://www.chemindecompostelle.com/Serv ... rance.html Then on Express Bouricott

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Sending Luggage ahead

Hello Steve,
I have a feeling that the pilgrim boxes are only available in Spain. You might have to cart your luggage to St Jean then perhaps you could get it carried over to Pamplona by Caroline from Express Bouricot: Here is some information:

Express Bourricot is based in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port and works from Moissac to Burgos.

Transfer of the pilgrims:
Between Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port and Roncevaux: 9 euros per person
Transport on a route from Moissac to Burgos:
Ø for example between Burgos and Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port for 4 person costs 50 euros pr person
Bearing of the luggage:
Transfer of stage to stage reserved in advance
Tariff: 8 euros by luggage and stage between Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port and Logroño
Tariff for a group: On consultation
Loan of small back pack.

Ø Express Bourricot
Caroline Aphessetche
road of the Michaelmas
64220 Çaro
Ø Tel: 06-61-96-04-76
Ø Email: apcaroline@hotmail.com

http://www.chemindecompostelle.com/Serv ... rance.html Then on Express Bouricott

Most read last week in this forum

I am 82 years old. I have walked all but 250k of the Camino Frances alone, carrying my pack and staying in communal aubergues in 2017 and 18 and loving it! I am now on a mission to walk the final...
Can someone please confirm that if you fly with Ryanair from SDC to Madrid, that you will arrive at the Madrid-Barajas International airport? Such a simple question, yet incredibly frustrating...
Hola, does anyone know if you can pay for a single municipal bus ride within Santiago city limits by tapping one's contactless payment card, similar to a London bus? Or do you have to purchase a...
I have been looking every day for weeks and weeks to purchase tickets from Santiago to Segovia at the end of my Camino on May 13th and was getting concerned as on both the Renfe and Trainline...
Hi, I'm searching for any transportation ways to to get to sjpp from Biarritz. Would anyone let me know how to get to? I would like taking bus or train. Thank you.
Hi, we had booked a camino for last September and had to reschedule for this early June. I previously had booked a train from Santiago to Porto to start travel back for our flight home from...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back