• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to purchase an altus rain poncho in Lisbon?

Jean Ti

I will be in Lisbon on november 11 and I am trying to locate a store to purchase an Altus rain poncho?

I found 2 places in Canada to purchase one but they are twice the price here including tax. I notice that in Spain including the vat they are half price.

Do you have any suggestions were I could purchase one on arrival in Lisbon

Thank you for your help!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I don’t know where you can specifically get that poncho, but I would try Decathlon first. A branch close to the city centre is mapped below, and if you have no luck there, El Corte Inglés next door also has an outdoor/camping section. Boa sorte!

Decathlon Lisboa
Av. António Augusto de Aguiar 29, 1050-251 Lisboa, Portugal
+351 21 370 0140

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I recently bought an “Altus look-alike” in the Lisbon Decathlon. It was about 30 euros. I have not yet used it, and I don’t see any tag with information about how much water it repels, etc. The material seems less plastic and more like nylon than the Altus, but I have no idea how it will work in the rain. The price was less than half what I paid for my ancient Altus, so I don’t expect miracles.

I will check both the Decathlon and the Altus for the value. The Decathlon is an asian product and Altus is made in Spain. I wonder if the asian product will last more than one camino?

What do you think?

I will check both the Decathlon and the Altus for the value. The Decathlon is an asian product and Altus is made in Spain. I wonder if the asian product will last more than one camino?

What do you think?
The Decathlon doesn’t sell the Altus, at least not that I have ever seen. I have no idea about the durability. I know a lot of people who swear by Decathlon products but I have not had good luck with them. I just decided to try the poncho because my Altus is really old. All of these ponchos make me sweat, so my expectations are pretty low — I just want my pack to stay dry.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I purchase 2 products at Decathlon the price were low and the quality...also Both products just last for one Camino...

I will not help in saving the planet buying things that does not last!

I purchase 2 products at Decathlon the price were low and the quality...also Both products just last for one Camino...

I will not help in saving the planet buying things that does not last!
Hm, I got a rain cap that covers the backpack from Decathlon for about 20 euros, lasted me 4 Caminos, served well in the drizzles and torrential downpours. The only thing is that it's not very comfortable to put on on your own over the backpack, better to have some help if you are not a yogi :) But even that's not bad as you develope a routine, so it just needs some training. Will be using for the next decade as well :)
Also got Kalenji trail runners there 1 day before starting the Camino, not a single blister for two Caminos, walked/swam in the rain a lot in them :) They look almost brand new after 900+km, will walk my next Caminos in them.

I saw you are from canada and you are french. So maybe your live near Montréal ?
I bought my Altus Poncho at "La tienda d'ici a Compostelle". I don't have commercial interest

Bon Chemin.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum

I would like to walk the river route in Tui next month. I can see on google maps exactly where it starts, but it seems a bit overgrown. Has anybody used this route this year or last year...
Hello, my friend of 50+ years and I are on our first Camino walk. We are looking for: 1) safe, comfortable hostels in Lisbon; 2) stages from Lisbon to Porto (via Tomar) in about 16 days...
Hi I have searched everywhere to see if there is a luggage service from Lisbon to Porto. I know there is from Porto to Santiago, but Lisbon ???. Thanks for any info.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back