Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets

Where to start organising my Credecial?

I'm in the process of planning my Camino (St. Jean - Santiago), to be commenced mid September 2012.

First things first, how do I go about organising a pilgrims Credential?

I'm in Australia, so who do I need to contact to organise this?

Thanks

Camino Masks
12 different designs, shipped world wide from Santiago.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

tyrrek

Veteran Member
Year of past OR future Camino
SJPP-SdC (4-5/2011), Ferrol-SdC (9/2011), Pamplona-SdC (3-4/2012), Camino Finisterre (10/2012), Ourense-SdC (5/2014)
Hi.

You can just get one from the pilgrims office in St Jean Pied de Port when you arrive.

Buen Camino!

dougfitz

Veteran Member
Spain: Mar 2010, Apr 2014, May/Jun 2016. Norway/Sweden: 2012, 2018. Other: 2011, 2019. CP (tbc)
Check out the Camino group based in Adelaide, I think they can issue a credential. Otherwise, it is possible to get one issued in SAPP.

Regards

Holy Year Credential
Get the HOLY YEAR Camino Credential (Passport) here.
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

grayland

Staff member
Yes
It is always good to have one from your own country...but the one issued on the Camino is also good..but limited in number of spaces for sellos (stamps).
A good idea would be to get the one in OZ and then get one in SJPP for backup in case you fill up the OZ passport.

mralisn

SJPdP-SdC (2005), Camino Norte-Fisterra (2010), SJPdP-Muxia-Fisterra (2012), Camino Norte w/Primitivo-Muxia-Fisterra (2014), Camino Portuguese (2016)
For anyone in the U.S. that would like to arrive with pilgrim passport in hand:

americanpilgrims.com

Click on "Request a Credential".

I believe it was $5US or donation when I got mine in '10.

There is also a link to other associations from various countries around the world.

Keep a smile,
Simeon

Andrewere

Ian, I ordered Credentials for my wife and I last weekend, via this site, and received them today - many thanks. One question - on the inside cover, where you fill in your information, it says Fecha (date) then 'A favor de' and 'DNI' what do these mean?

Andrew.

CharlieH

Puente La Reina-Santiago (2009), Sant Jean Pied-de-Port-Logrono (2013), Logroño-Sahagún (2014)
Hi Andrew. Where it says "A favor de" just write your name or your wife's. It means "Issued to". Where it says "DNI" write your passport or ID card number. DNI is the Spanish achronym for "Documento Nacional de Identidad" (National Identification Document). Buen camino.

Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads