Search 60,048 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Best lightweight guides
Best lightweight guides for before and after your Camino, just 1.4 oz (40 grams)!
Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Where to stay between Toro and Zamora?

peregrina2000

Staff member
This is a 36 km walk. There is an albergue in Villalazán, which is almost exactly halfway, but it is closed (Covid). The only other option seems to be Villaralbo, where there are two places. But this is a 29 km day from Toro. It is flat, true, but it may be a stretch for some.

Does anyone have other suggestions of places in the vicinity? I’m using googlemaps to no avail, but I’m just wondering if others have a creative solution.

From Villalazán to Zamora there is a bus, with a stop in Villaralbo. The bus company is Tamame, here is a link to their schedules. And a screenshot:

F89A343A-2251-4528-AA5D-0D148BA6BF98.png

But the bus that might work for walkers, which leaves Villalazán at 3:10 pm, stopping in Villaralbo at 3:20, getting to Zamora at 3:35 pm only runs on Mondays and Fridays.

For those who don’t speak Spanish, the column IDA refers to Villalazan to Zamora. The column with the L y V underneath is the scheule for Monday and Friday. VUELTA refers to the return trip from Zamora to Villalazán.

The only downside of taking a bus from Villallazán to Zamora would be that you would miss the chance to navigate the cottonwood forest!!!

Camino de Santiago of the Canary Islands
The officially recognized Camino de Santiago on the Canary Islands!
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

OzAnnie

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
You’re very kind to start this thread for the other pilgrim here with me @peregrina2000

I am okay — as I have a booking at Casa Aurelia at Villaralba.. the 28klms should be ok for me.

I relayed your advice about the closed albergue in Villalazan; to the other peregrino here (we are in Castronuno and both have booked hotel rooms at Toro for tomorrow night. /Wednesday 4th).
He was most appreciative and says he will get a bus from Toro to Zamora.
He needs to buy more warm clothes at Decathlon anyway and he will spend 2 days there. I don’t know if that bus runs during the week from Toro to Zamora. He will check it out tomorrow.

Annie

Last edited:

J Willhaus

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Looks like the train from Toro goes to Zamora in the evening at 6:30? The train station looks on the map to be a walk outside of Toro?
Or maybe walk to Villalazán and ask about whether the albergue is open then either take the bus or a cab to Zamora if it is not?

peregrina2000

Staff member
Or maybe walk to Villalazán and ask about whether the albergue is open then either take the bus or a cab to Zamora if it is not?
That was my thought as well, but I have been in WhatsApp contact with the albergue and it is definitely closed. And unless it’s a Monday or Friday, there’s no afternoon bus from Villalazán to Zamora. So it would be calling a taxi from Toro or Zamora. My guess is that it would be at least 40€ since the cab would have to drive so far for the pickup.

Transportation from Toro to Zamora is plentiful, it’s just that the main bus and train routes go further north than the Camino, so none of the intermediate stops are in Villalazán.

So this means you will be navigating the cottonwood forest by yourself, @OzAnnie!

Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.

DoughnutANZ

I would rather be fishing
Past OR future Camino
If you want some luxury at a reasonable price in Zamora, Parador has its Spring sale on at the moment for Amigos de Parador and the Zamora Parador is €100 per night single or double. For everyone (including non Amigos) there is also a 3 for 2 offer at all Paradors at the moment where you can stay 3 nights for the price of 2.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 105 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads