• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Where to stay in Arles the first night?

sillydoll

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2002 CF: 2004 from Paris: 2006 VF: 2007 CF: 2009 Aragones, Ingles, Finisterre: 2011 X 2 on CF: 2013 'Caracoles': 2014 CF and Ingles 'Caracoles":2015 Logrono-Burgos (Hospitalero San Anton): 2016 La Douay to Aosta/San Gimignano to Rome:
My friend John is going to be arriving in Arles at about 17h30 and would like a place to stay for the night. Should he book in at the Youth Hostel or is there a pilgrim refuge in the town?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Babette Gallard and Paul Chinn are great pilgrims and live in Arles.

From the CSJ updates 2009
"Just thought we should let you know that Paul and I have finally found our home in Arles and will be there by the end of March. We will be working flat-out to get the pilgrim accommodation ready for May, so perhaps you could let anyone planning to travel via that route, know that we are there.
8 beds, no reservation, donation"
Phone number and Address to be found at
http://www.csj.org.uk/update-arles4i.htm

Thanks William - that would've been perfect but I think they are going to be in Argentina at that time (end of Feb to end of May or June).
Any other ideas?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Babbette & Paul's website has this message about their 'pilgrim hostel':

"Pilgrim Hostel, Arles Paul and Babette have taken their pilgrim passion one step further by opening a hostel in the centre of Arles, just 100 metres off the St James Way. They have beds for 6 people, but can squeeze in more with mattresses on the floor if necessary. Also on offer: internet and wifi access, along with a rapidly expanding Pilgrim Resource centre - books, maps and guides for a number of pilgrimage routes. Breakfast and an evening meal are provided, without charge, but donations are appreciated - 10% of which will go to support a project in Africa. Note: The hostel opens 1st June. 2011

I also contacted Renée DEBARD from the local assciation in Arles and within 10 minutes I had a reply with a long list of people to contact for beds and a map to show where most of them are. I'm going to copy it here for anyone else who might want to walk from Arles.

No, there are no accommodations Pilgrims to Arles, but receptions in families. I send you the brochure of the association where you will find the names of people who run with their email address, you'll just have to contact them. participation is about 20 to 25 euros for half board or 15 euros a night and breakfast.

Bénédicte Rata - 32 rue du Petit Madeleine Coste - 13200 Arles-Tel. 04 90 96 18 16 or 06 17 98 18 85 Email: bjp.rata @ free.fr

Annie GUILLOT - 104 BC. Camargue - Tel. 06 19 97 42 19 - 04 90 43 37 06 - Email: jmaguillot@hotmail.fr

Martine PIRIOU - The Franklin - B201 - 26 Chemin de Bigot - Arles - Tel. 06 63 00 28 27 - 04 90 93 07 49 - Email: pmartine13@gmail.com

Annie CURINIER - 22 Liberty Street - Tel. 04 90 52 04 33 Email: annie.curinier @ free.fr

Babette Gallard and Paul Zchinn 8 rue des VINATIER - Arles - Tel. 06 78 32 40 53 - 04 90 91 70 01 Babette_gallard@hotmail.com (absent until May)

Eric GRANDIN - 4 rue Arago - Arles Tel. 06 11 86 55 31 - 09 50 80 25 13 - Email: lauberginerouge@hotmail.fr

Marie-Francoise SHORES - Xaverian Street - Tel. 04 90 96 75 21 Email: mf.rives @ yahoo.fr

Renee DEBARD - 30 Av Pskov - Arles - Tel. 06 87 28 27 34 - 04 90 96 29 09 Email: renee.debard @ wanadoo.fr

Anne PERROT - 22 rue du Roure - Arles
Tel. 06 75 85 97 52
Email: annepeint@hotmail.com

Eric GRANDIN - L'Aubergine Red - Rue Arago
Tel. 06 11 86 55 31 - 09 50 80 25 13
Email: lauberginerouge@hotmail.fr

Attachments

• Situation et coordonnées hébergeants.pdf
    342.6 KB · Views: 235
I am feeling a little nervous about arriving in Arles to start my Camino walk with no accommodation booked or maps. I will be there on about the 21st April 2013. Could someone give me suggestions about if I need to pre book or purchase maps, or is this easily done when arriving. I am an older traveller with no French other than google translate on my phone!
thanks in anticipation of your advice Jen

Hi Jenni
the tourist information centre in the main street by the bus stops is very good-they all speak good English and when I was there they phoned round till they found what I was looking for,give me maps and everything.
two options on walking out of town,ask and they will mark them on the free map,I stayed there 2 days and loved the place.
very good Albergue in the first stop after Arles-village square by the church opens 3pm but the office is round the back in a courtyard.
Bonn Camino
Ian

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Back