• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to stay in Biarritz

cnissi

Time of past OR future Camino
Planning a trip for September/October 2013
My daughter is flying into Biarritz, but cannot train out until the next morning. Where would be a good place for her to stay?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Anglet airport serves both Biarritz and Bayonne.
For ease of getting to Saint Jean Pied de Port it would be best to spend the night in Bayonne and travel to SJPdP the next morning.

In Bayonne the simple
Hotel Monte Carlo is good inexpensive choice located opposite the rr station. Nice cafe and resto also. Here is their web .

From Biarritz airport (Anglet) take a Chronopost bus 14 to the BAYONNE rr station (Gare SNCF).
Travel time is roughly 30 minutes.

At Bayonne station take a regional TER line 62 train to SJPdP.

Generally there are several TER line 62 trains from Bayonne to SJPdP each day.
For current schedule see
https://www.ter.sncf.com/aquitaine

Due to current repairs on the train line there is now a substitute bus/autocar for TER 62 trains from Bayonne to SJPdP which is provided by the rr at the same price and same times of the usual TER local line 62 train.

This special bus departs from the front of the Bayonne train station/Gare SNCF. Buy yourticket inside the rr station. There are NO reserved seats;seating is open as on a tram or metro.

The repairs are planned to be finished by 12 May.

Bon voyage and Buen camino!

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
I agree with mspath. That was the way I did it too, stay in Bayonne and train over to SJPdP. While time might not permit any sightseeing Bayonne is a very pretty town, whilst Biarritz did not overly impress on a quick visit and walk along the path beside the sea.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back