• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to stay in Finisterra?

Judy Rubin

Valentina
Time of past OR future Camino
Summer of 2012 - Astorga -Finisterre
Summer of 2014 SJPP - Sarria
Summer of 2017 Primitivo-Muxia
My daughter will be joining me in Santiago so I would like to take her out to Finisterra. I've stayed in the Pension Finistellae before, which was very nice, but it is fully booked. Any suggestions of a nice pension. I'm not sure my daughter will be up to staying in the albergues......

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Yes indeed! Not a pension, but I'd recommend this place anyway: We were planning to stay at the municipal albergue, but it only opened at 3 (or 4?), so we backtracked uphill, to the place where a group of people (pilgrims and staff) had waved to us on our way into town with this: "Hey, are you the British women that a Canadian guy might be looking for? He checked in here earlier!" Well, they were only wrong on one count (my friend's a Brit, but I'm Canadian ;), however, it was clear that we couldn't go wrong with such a jovial welcome. It only improved from there; while we registered, we were offered a hot drink (gratis) and lots of smiles! Good & clean showers, wonderful breakfast (jam with toasty homemade bread!) and friendly hospitaleras: Cabo de Vila.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Fistera is loaded with little old ladies offering rooms, look for little notices in the windows of homes and shops and yes they will approach pilgrims on the street. One needs the municipal albergue for your Fistera document otherwise and despite the lighthouse, the sunset and the 0 kilometer post, I never liked the place-now so miserably commercial. Do consider the delights of Muxia.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I was in Finisterre on May 28, 2014, and stayed at newly renovated Albergue Do Mar. It was modern with all the facilities you need/want in an albergue with million dollar view! The balcony and breakfast area( 3 euro continental buffet) have the view of the bay, and if you want your feet wet, you can do it by walking less than 100 feet. I recommend the place.

I just stayed at a place I found on Airbnb (in early June 2014). It's called Casa El Camino and is run by a former pilgrim, Rosa, with deep family ties to Fisterra. The place is located a quick 10-minute walk from the center of town on the west side of the cape - which means you get to see the sunset from the living room! Rosa has private rooms with shared bathroom and kitchen for 20 euros per person. She is also fluent in English, Spanish, Gallego, Swedish, and I think German and French.

Find it and book here: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1502939?s=oyJ3

Tip: For the best rates, book just your first night via Airbnb then email Rosa directly if you want to extend your stay to multiple nights. And be sure to try out the Italian restaurant Rosa recommends, Peppone. Fantastic food with a 12 euro / high value menu Monday through Friday.

I also stayed one night at Albergue Cabo da Vila and can recommend it, as well. The staff there are lovely and the private rooms (shared bath and kitchen) are comfortable. But to be honest, I was ready to be a few steps off the pilgrim trail by the time I reached Fisterra.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back