• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to stay in Finisterre?

Merethe

Time of past OR future Camino
Porto - Santiago de Compostela (2017)
Hi :) We are 2 ladies who are going to Compostela Santiago in june-july 2018. We want to spend a couple of days in Finisterre as well. Have anyone some good places to recomend us to stay for 2 nights? Some other things we need to know?
Thank you :)
Merethe

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
It can be from 10euro to 100+ euro
Get What You want from booking Or Airbnb Or some other apps

I've stayed in a 10 euros albergue for 2 nights. Clean and big space and Nice kitchen. the hospitalero is Super Nice. Only is They ask You out from 9-2 to clean.

The name is dolphin Or something. There is a China bazar and a Supermarket opposit the albergue.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
It can be from 10euro to 100+ euro
Get What You want from booking Or Airbnb Or some other apps

I've stayed in a 10 euros albergue for 2 nights. Clean and big space and Nice kitchen. the hospitalero is Super Nice. Only is They ask You out from 9-2 to clean.

The name is dolphin Or something. There is a China bazar and a Supermarket opposit the albergue.
Thanks, I will check it out :) Nice to know that it is a supermarked there as well!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Hi :) We are 2 ladies who are going to Compostela Santiago in june-july 2018. We want to spend a couple of days in Finisterre as well. Have anyone some good places to recomend us to stay for 2 nights? Some other things we need to know?
Merethe
Hotel Mar de Fisterra. Lovely room with view of beach. Great front desk clerk and it was incredibly clean.I want to say we each spent 30 euros. Rua Cruz de Balxar. The "way" to Muxia was just south of the hotel on the road out front.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hotel Mar de Fisterra. Lovely room with view of beach. Great front desk clerk and it was incredibly clean.I want to say we each spent 30 euros. Rua Cruz de Balxar. The "way" to Muxia was just south of the hotel on the road out front.

I took these photos of places with great sea views, after all that way across land, a view of the sea is a great idea for relaxing.

Attachments

• 20170621_110909.jpg
    20170621_110909.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 54
  • 20170619_184728.jpg
    20170619_184728.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 52
I stayed in:
https://www.gronze.com/galicia/coruna/fisterra/albergue-pension-cabo-da-vila (on the way as you are approaching the village center)
https://www.gronze.com/galicia/coruna/fisterra/albergue-arasolis (in a side street but with family bakery on the "main" street if no one around)
https://www.gronze.com/galicia/coruna/fisterra/albergue-paz
And each year it got better. I really like the last one because it's kind of tucked away from all the fuzz and the supermercado Froiz is very close. Also it is believed to be the first existing albergue in Fisterra. Amazing gay couple run it.

Merethe
I really liked my room at Hotel Cabo Finisterre last year. It’s literally right next to the bus stop, but quiet, very comfortable and close to all the restaurants on the waterfront. The shower was superb and the room was simple but spotless. Recommmended.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I stayed at the hotel next to the lighthouse. Expensive but worth it for location and amazing sunset
It's on booking.com

I can vouch for Mar da Adora. My wife and I stayed here for two nights at the end of our Camino. It is a boutique hotel. It is located about a 10 minute walk from the main part of Finisterre but it has a fabulous view of the ocean and faces west so you can watch the sunset from their deck. When we were there, they had a happy hour where they served wine and appetizers made from the items they gathered from their garden. The breakfast was very good too. The frig in the dining room is stocked with wine, beer, and other beverages for the guests. The path down to the beautiful, secluded beach is just a few steps from the hotel. It was great place to decompress after the Camino.

Merethe

Pension Lopez was a great place to stay in Nov 2017 -- close to the middle of town, not a lot more expensive than an albergue, and, from the third story, had a great view of the bay, harbour and town!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I stayed in Hostel Oceanus Finisterre this last September for two nights. It's a hostel, but very comfy and the hospitalero was incredible. I really enjoyed it and was glad I gave myself an extra day there - got to watch the sunset from the lighthouse one night and from the eastern-side beach on the other.

I stayed in:
https://www.gronze.com/galicia/coruna/fisterra/albergue-pension-cabo-da-vila (on the way as you are approaching the village center)
https://www.gronze.com/galicia/coruna/fisterra/albergue-arasolis (in a side street but with family bakery on the "main" street if no one around)
https://www.gronze.com/galicia/coruna/fisterra/albergue-paz
And each year it got better. I really like the last one because it's kind of tucked away from all the fuzz and the supermercado Froiz is very close. Also it is believed to be the first existing albergue in Fisterra. Amazing gay couple run it.

At the Cabo de Vila the dormitory is ok, one year I asked for a single room with bath ( I needed it) I had to spent the night on the chair with my towel to keep me warm because in the bed I couldn't stop scratching.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
At the Cabo de Vila the dormitory is ok, one year I asked for a single room with bath ( I needed it) I had to spent the night on the chair with my towel to keep me warm because in the bed I couldn't stop scratching.
Ernesto, I don't know what you mean, sorry...
Bath and towel and chair and scratching??? Doesn't make sense to me.

Albergue-Pension Cabo da Villa...recommend the penthouse room with huge private deck with bay view and mini refrigerator...and you are staying above the owners floor so there is no albergue noise...I was standing in the street too tired to move and the owner walked out and asked me if I heeded help...after talking awhile I rented this room sight unseen and I was more than surprised when finally saw it...the best part of this penthouse room is the huge private deck...because I washed everything I had in the shower and left it two-days on the deck to dry out...also the owner is extremely kind and helpful...and all she asked for is that I send her a postcard from Denver for her collection...so I am hoping to make it back again this year.

Attachments

• 95049688.jpg
    95049688.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 95049698.jpg
    95049698.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 97927135.jpg
    97927135.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 97928978.jpg
    97928978.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 11

Hi KinkyOne, you are right I will make myself clear, on my second camino I stayed at the Cabo da Villa in the dormitory, the year after again stayed at the Cabo da Villa but because of the longer journey (2370 Km) I finally needed a couple of night sleep so I asked the mother of one of the women that run it if they had a independent private room with bathroom, I was told yes so I moved from the peregrino albergue where I could stay only one night; for two more night at the Cabo which is run by -mother, daughter and daughter in low. Very kind people but what the mother promise me, after i payed the 50 Euro was not what I got, the en suit was outside the room in commune with other peregrino, the first night I couldn't stay in the bed for the non stop scratching,
I complain to the very kind daughter in low but nothing was done, and as there was no chance to have your money back, I spent the second night on the chear with my bath towel around me. I could have been allergic to the product used by them to wash the bed linen, I don't know but nothing was done.
Now every year I stay at the Anchor Hotel and I promise myself never to go back to those nice people.
Ultreia.

€83,-
Here is a link directly to the hotel at the lighthouse in Finisterre.

http://www.hotelsemaforodefisterra.com/en/

It is obviously more expensive and MUCH nicer than probably any place you will have stayed while walking, but it is the loveliest treat to yourself after trekking it across the country. I had the best night of sleep on the most comfy bed and woke up to the lighthouse directly out my hotel room window.

It is at the top of the hill and at the official 0KM marker which is really special. There is also a guy near the marker that gives what would truly be the LAST stamp if you make Finisterre your final destination.

I would highly recommend treating yourself with a special final night at Hotel Semaforo de Fisterra.

Buen Camino, Merethe!

Here is a link directly to the hotel at the lighthouse in Finisterre.

http://www.hotelsemaforodefisterra.com/en/

It is obviously more expensive and MUCH nicer than probably any place you will have stayed while walking, but it is the loveliest treat to yourself after trekking it across the country. I had the best night of sleep on the most comfy bed and woke up to the lighthouse directly out my hotel room window.

It is at the top of the hill and at the official 0KM marker which is really special. There is also a guy near the marker that gives what would truly be the LAST stamp if you make Finisterre your final destination.

I would highly recommend treating yourself with a special final night at Hotel Semaforo de Fisterra.

Buen Camino, Merethe!
Thank you very much for good advises :) I will check it out, and it sounds like a great place to stay :)
Merethe

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hey guys.
Do you know is it possible to pay that trip to Fisterra and Muxia now in April? I will be there in 10 days.

Thank you

Hey guys.
Do you know is it possible to pay that trip to Fisterra and Muxia now in April? I will be there in 10 days.

Thank you

If you mean the hotel or private albergue, yes you can book and pay any time :)

€83,-
THank you sir but i wanted to pay day trip from Santiago to Fisterra and Muxia and then come back the same day, Or if you guys have any suggestions to do it on another way you are welcome!

Most read last week in this forum

yesterday a very dear friend passed away, a wonderful lady I have known since I started working in the Middle East 15 years ago (she was Muslim- only writing that as it was strange to others she...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back