Search 62305 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Where to stay in Lisbon and Porto?

Jo H

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino del Norte
I am arriving in Lisbon in mid-Sept and the following day catching a train to Porto to start my first camino. Am wanting recommendations of places to stay in Lisbon and Porto. I am a solo female pilgrim and would prefer a private room mindful of my age and covid. Hotel Moxy is conveniently opp the Oriente train station and close to the airport but am wondering if anyone has other recommendations close to Santa Apolonia or other train stations on the Lisbon- Porto line. I would also appreciate any suggestions of places to stay in Porto with private rooms. Post camino I will spend some days exploring both cities before flying home. Really appreciate all suggestions. Thank you.

2022 Camino Guides
The 2022 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop

Lindsay53

Frances 2019
Portugues 2022
Hi Jo, I was in Lisbon and Porto in April. In Lisbon I stayed at the Largo Da Se guest house. Reasonably priced in a single room with shared bathroom ( there are rooms with a private bathroom) and only 100 metres from the Cathedral and about 1.5 ks from Santa Apolonia Station. The also let me store my luggage there while on the Camino.

In Porto I stated in the Albergue Des Peregrinos. Dormitory accommodation only so not what you are looking for, however there are plenty of hotels and guest houses. You will need to book as they are very busy at the moment I believe. Bom Caminho!

Jo H

Camino del Norte
Hi Jo, I was in Lisbon and Porto in April. In Lisbon I stayed at the Largo Da Se guest house. Reasonably priced in a single room with shared bathroom ( there are rooms with a private bathroom) and only 100 metres from the Cathedral and about 1.5 ks from Santa Apolonia Station. The also let me store my luggage there while on the Camino.

In Porto I stated in the Albergue Des Peregrinos. Dormitory accommodation only so not what you are looking for, however there are plenty of hotels and guest houses. You will need to book as they are very busy at the moment I believe. Bom Caminho!
Thank you Lindsay.

JPL

Camino Portugues 2022
I stayed in Porto a couple weeks ago on the way home after walking the Camino Portugues coastal. Just needed a place to stay for one night, and found the Jardins do Porto at 613 Rua do Almada. It is a newly converted property with a wonderful staff, a vegan restaurant (I am not vegan, but the food was excellent) and a garden in the back which very warm and welcoming.
It was a wonderful end to a really great couple weeks on the Camino.

Jo H

Camino del Norte
I stayed in Porto a couple weeks ago on the way home after walking the Camino Portugues coastal. Just needed a place to stay for one night, and found the Jardins do Porto at 613 Rua do Almada. It is a newly converted property with a wonderful staff, a vegan restaurant (I am not vegan, but the food was excellent) and a garden in the back which very warm and welcoming.
It was a wonderful end to a really great couple weeks on the Camino.
Sounds great JPL. Thank you very much for this tip. Glad you had a wonderful camino.

Original artwork based on your pilgrimage or other travel photos.
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Jo H

Camino del Norte
Hi Jo. I stayed at the Being Porto hostel http://beingportohostel.com/en last fall - fantastic location in the old town and only steps to the start of the coastal route. They have both dormitory and private rooms to suit your preference.

Buen Camino
Thank you so much Charles. This hostel sounds and looks wonderful at a great price. Just has shared bathrooms, not so good in covid times but will enquire more.

magpye

Camino Frances SJPDP to S (2018)
Camino Portugese: (2016)
Camino Santiago SJPDP to Santiago (2013)
I am arriving in Lisbon in mid-Sept and the following day catching a train to Porto to start my first camino. Am wanting recommendations of places to stay in Lisbon and Porto. I am a solo female pilgrim and would prefer a private room mindful of my age and covid. Hotel Moxy is conveniently opp the Oriente train station and close to the airport but am wondering if anyone has other recommendations close to Santa Apolonia or other train stations on the Lisbon- Porto line. I would also appreciate any suggestions of places to stay in Porto with private rooms. Post camino I will spend some days exploring both cities before flying home. Really appreciate all suggestions. Thank you.
Excellent and very affordable accommodation at the Casa de Vilar Seminario in Porto. Clean, quiet, secure. I have stayed several times and never an issue with lack of rooms. Has seen a recent upgrade so prices may have changed since 2016. A 15-20 min walk from the Musica Metro. View of the river is fabulous. They also have a pilgrim-specific dorm but I have no other information on that.

Charles Chamberlain

2016 Primitivo/Fin/Muxia; 201 CP Coastal/Hospitale
Planned Le Puy 2022
Thank you so much Charles. This hostel sounds and looks wonderful at a great price. Just has shared bathrooms, not so good in covid times but will enquire more.
We stayed in a private room with our own bathroom (due to Covid) so I'm not sure what the other rooms had.

Jo H

Camino del Norte
Excellent and very affordable accommodation at the Casa de Vilar Seminario in Porto. Clean, quiet, secure. I have stayed several times and never an issue with lack of rooms. Has seen a recent upgrade so prices may have changed since 2016. A 15-20 min walk from the Musica Metro. View of the river is fabulous. They also have a pilgrim-specific dorm but I have no other information on that.
Thank you Magpye. Will check it out.

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Create your own ad
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2022 Camino Guides