• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to stay in Lisbon

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2011, 2012
Arriving from the UK to start walking to Santiago alone and wish to ask if anyone can recommend where to stay for my first night in Lisbon. Arriving at the airport at 8 pm on August 3rd.
Thanks,
Arnold

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
We were happy with Surflab Lisbon House. Rua Egas Moniz Nº 5. 30 euros for a double room. Shared clean bathroom. Kitchen. Rooftop patio. It was just 4km (8euro taxi or an easy walk if you want!) from the airport and the same distance from the cathedral.
On our last night there two Swedish girls who were about to start walking the camino the next day arrived.

I walked the Camino Portuguese from Lisbon in May and just now (slowly) getting my journal typed up - so I'm reminded of all this again. After Santiago I bussed back to Lisbon for 2 tourist days before flying back to U.S.. Because I could only get a bed for one night at a time, I stayed in two hostels in two nights (both in a multi-bed dorm room). Both under 20 Euros. Take the Baixa - Chiado metro stop. The metro is very easy to navigate. Both are a 10 minute walk to Cathedral Se.

The first one is my recommendation: Lisbon Lounge hostel. Everything about it was nice and roomy, plus the breakfast was great! Having been on the Camino for a month, I literally could not remember the last time I just sat down for an enjoyable hot breakfast! The second hostel shall remain unnamed (but whose initials are GN) and was downtown as well. Particle board bed, lumpy (yes - actually lumpy) mattress, weak wi-fi, not as good breakfast as LLH, and smaller dorm rooms.

I'm no hostel expert, but this was my experience. Good luck and Bom Caminho.

PS. Before Point de Lima, stay at Casa da Fernanda (call at least 2 days ahead to reserve). In Rubiaes, stay at O Ninho (not Escola muni). Both offer a "Caminogasm" experience.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
There are two International Youth Hostels that I know of in Lisbon. One is in the city, and one near the beach.
I found the one in the city VERY noisy as it is built around a staircase that shoots the noise up like smoke up a chimney!
The beach one was not as convenient for city touristing, but much quieter.I don't remember the names of them, but if you go to International Youth Hosteling website, I'm sure you can find them.
You can also go to www.booking.com and probably find something nice.
We once stayed in a room above the old fort and it was lovely.

Most read last week in this forum

Bom dia dear pilgrims, I plan on returning to Portugal this summer, after walking the Salvador + Primitivo. I have a few questions: - What is the easiest way to get from SdC to Coimbra? I assume...
My final question since I have asked sooo many. Grabbing a light lunch that I can get on the go, hoping to grab it, and find a square or a bench to enjoy it, then get back to walking. Not really...
Hello everyone! My wife and I are doing our first Camino in Sept and I was very curious about the stretch from Tui to Pontevedra. We have been to Spain multiple times and love the small towns...
Dear all, I have done Camino Frances, Norte and Primitivo and would like to ask about Portuges. I have some soul-searching to do and would love to walk a part of it, unfortunately only a part...
We arrived in Lisbon yesterday, 48 hrs (by choice via Singapore, Milan and Madrid) after leaving home from regional South Australia. Train to Porto tomorrow hitting the pilgram path on Saturday to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back