• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to stay in Logroño?

LauraL

Time of past OR future Camino
French (starting late July)
I'm heading for Logroño tomorrow and are a bit overwhelmed with the long list of albergues there... can anyone recommend a good place?
By good I mean decent facilities, quiet, and ideally with dinner and/or breakfast options, though this isn't a deal breaker.

Thank you!

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Just as you enter the center part of the city, you’ll come across the Albergue Santiago Apóstol. Unfortunately, it wasn’t one of my favorite Camino nights. Although it was quite clean, it was also very institutional with very little character except for the outside of the building. More concerning was that it wasn’t very quiet. My dorm was next to the dinning area. People were up quite late making a great deal of noise with no one at the albergue controlling the situation. A poor nights sleep even wearing earplugs. It gets very mixed reviews on Gronze.

On my second trip through Logroño, my accommodations were much better. I stayed at the Winederful Hostel also on the same street and just steps from the central plaza. Unfortunately, I can’t compare apples to apples as I stayed in a private room. However, I do remember enjoying a couple beers in a comfortable lounge area, very friendly hospitaleras, and I did get a good nights sleep. From Gronze, I see that beds are a bit more expensive here at €21. But, it might be worth checking into. Great tapas in Logroño! Enjoy!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
i stayed in Albas Albergue del Camino - completely away from busy touristy downtown in a residential area with huge courtyard where happy children play.
there is a restaurant next door, couple of more within a block or 2 walk, some supoermarkets and you are 10-min walk from Cathedral and 15 min walk from the Laurel St - the tapas bar heaven
Good luck and Buen Camino

For me, it was important to stay in a place without a curfew In Logroño so that I could take full advantage of the tapas scene on Calle del Laurel. A tapas crawl with my fellow pilgrims was a highlight of my last two times on the Camino Frances.

I booked into a pensión both times.

For me, it was important to stay in a place without a curfew In Logroño so that I could take full advantage of the tapas scene on Calle del Laurel. A tapas crawl with my fellow pilgrims was a highlight of my last two times on the Camino Frances.

I booked into a pensión both times.
I agree! The tapas scene in Logrono is amazing and it is one city I would not have wanted to be committed to a communal dinner or staying on the outskirts. That said, I think I was still in bed by 10:00pm🙂, although I would no longer recommend the place I originally stayed at. It was a convenient location to all the "action", but two years later it had changed a lot.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
In 2015 I stayed at the Hostel Entresuenos. Big, great location and it didn't have a curfew, which came in handy because several of us went out for wine and tapas until about 3 am. The next morning I got up late and they gave me the option of booking another night, but I opted for a the late start and made it a short walking day to Navarette after loading up on coffee and breakfast.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The donativo next to the church, Iglesia de Santiago - Barriocepo 8. Highly recommended. It is run by extremely warm hearted volunteers. There is a cummunal dinner and there is breakfastbuffet in the morning. You can help with preparing the food or doing the dishes. I've had a marvelous experience there.

Only.. sleeping can be a problem as it is in the centre and i am pretty sure fridaynight is partytime. Also the facilities are a little primitive.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
i stayed in Albas Albergue del Camino - completely away from busy touristy downtown in a residential area with huge courtyard where happy children play.
there is a restaurant next door, couple of more within a block or 2 walk, some supoermarkets and you are 10-min walk from Cathedral and 15 min walk from the Laurel St - the tapas bar heaven
Good luck and Buen Camino
I stayed there too. It was great. The landlady was wonderful (if you spoke Spanish).

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I'm heading for Logroño tomorrow and are a bit overwhelmed with the long list of albergues there... can anyone recommend a good place?
By good I mean decent facilities, quiet, and ideally with dinner and/or breakfast options, though this isn't a deal breaker.

Thank you!
I stayed at The Winderful Hostel in May, It was in the centre of Logroño, it was clean, friendly and a great breakfast. Would definitely recommend.

Thank you!
I stayed at the first one you come to after the bridge. Can't remember the name. It was good. Remember the Dylan line, "what's looks large from a distance ain't never that big. Enjoy the walk.

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2017 we stayed at Pension Daniel on Calle San Juan near the cathedral . We checked in at the bar across the street from the rooms. The rooms were basic but clean and comfortable and shared s very nice bathroom. The rooms were also quiet.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I stayed at the unfortunately named Winederful in May based on glowing reviews. It's ... fine.

The good: it's spotlessly clean, and the individually curtained bunk pods are comfortable.
But at 26 euro my 6-bed mixed dormitory room was practically the same cost as a private room elsewhere, the room was very stuffy (the window for our room didn't offer much by way of ventilation and you have to ask at the front desk for them to turn up the AC), and as someone else mentioned above it's not pilgrim-exclusive so late night noise was a problem. (They also don't start breakfast service until 7:30 AM so you're out of luck in that regard if you plan on getting an early start.) I'll stay somewhere else next time I'm in Logroño.

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I stayed in the Santiago Apostal a couple of nights ago and highly recommend it. The Australian and Italian volunteer hospitalera/os are fantastic, do helpful and welcoming. The atmosphere they create is wonderful. They have Twinings English Breakfast tea (4.90 for 25 tea-bags ... What can I say?), free all day, not the usual yellow label stuff found on the Camino. The beds are comfortable, the top bunk unused and lots of space, wooden partitions so no noise. It's excellent and much improved from my last visit. You won't be disappointed.

I plan to have 2 rest days at the Hostal Numantina on C Segata in Logrono in May 2023. Cant wait!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Thank you!
Hola - All I can say is - don't stay there!!?? In my two Caminos I tried to avoid Brierley's stage endings. Both times we carried on to Navarrete. But if you have walked your 25km /15 miles then I am sure you will find something suitable. Cheers

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I liked Albas better than any placed else I ever stayed in Logroño. In spite of the large group that turned on all the lights and loudly planned their day at 05:30! But that was only one morning, and I was there for several. I do speak Spanish, and the lady told me the courtyard behind did not belong to them. BUT, since we had a door to it, we (me and other guests) used it anyway. I thought the message odd, since I didn't see any way for whoever owned it to get there. My main transportation was bicycle, so it was a minor inconvenience to have to ask for a key to the garage nearby every time I came or went. But I still prefer it to the others.

I liked Albas better than any placed else I ever stayed in Logroño. In spite of the large group that turned on all the lights and loudly planned their day at 05:30! But that was only one morning, and I was there for several. I do speak Spanish, and the lady told me the courtyard behind did not belong to them. BUT, since we had a door to it, we (me and other guests) used it anyway. I thought the message odd, since I didn't see any way for whoever owned it to get there. My main transportation was bicycle, so it was a minor inconvenience to have to ask for a key to the garage nearby every time I came or went. But I still prefer it to the others.
Well... lots can be said about the people who turn the lights on and loudly planned their day at 5:30.... although on my Camino that seems to be almost a norm for majority of the folks to start stirring up at 5:30 (although the lights on seem to be reasonably kept to 6:00). I guess my point it that it can (and will) happen almost anywhere along the Way
By 'courtyard' I presume you mean the large patio (see enclosed) that was accessible through 2 doors from the albergue bedroom? Hmmm... definitely strange as nobody said a peep to us and thats where we hung our laundry and the bikes were stored for bicycle folks.

Attachments

• FindPenguinsfindpenguins_camera_280522-061931.jpg
    FindPenguinsfindpenguins_camera_280522-061931.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back