• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to stay in Moixent

peregrina2000

Staff member
Hi, Kevin, Andy, and other Levante veterans,

I'm comparing my notes with the guide, and see that in Moixent I got a pretty strong recommendation to avoid the albergue in the Red Cross. Does anyone have a name of a hostal or pension?

The guide just lists several casas rurales, and it looks like some of them are out of town.

Thanks, buen camino, Laurie

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi Laurie,
For me the little red cross building was okay; it is kind of basic and it could be kept a bit cleaner, but i've seen worse... As I remember you first have to go to the police station to get the key. What guide book do you have?
ria

Hi, ria,
Oh hooray, another Levante veteran! Hope you check in regularly because I'll be throwing out a lot of questions and will try not to abuse your kindness.

I have the guidebook written by the Spanish Association, the spiral ring book. It is heavy, but the maps look great and very helpful, and a lot of the descriptions are extremely interesting.

The notes I received from some other Valente experts said that there were hostals in town, but as I said I didn't find any listed in the guide.

don't mean to pry, but are you male or female? I have done my fair share of staying alone in albergues and am kind of thinking it's time to give that up. Last summer I vowed I was never going to return to a solitary camino, but then the Levante just started pulling me, and here I am.

Thanks, buen camino, Laurie

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Hi Laurie,
The book is good, although distances are not always accurate in kms. And there is also some inaccurate info on albergues (i will find out for you later which ones these were). And there is one stage where the yellow arrows end in front of new highway that is not on the maps :), which i crossed by foot, because the next possibility to cross looked like miles away. but especially the phonenumber are very good to have: every evening a nice person from the local camino amigos will come to open the albergue for you. I sent you a PM a few minutes ago, about being alone on the levante as a woman and stuff like that.
ria

Hi Laurie,

I stayed in the albergue. It's basic wasn't the cleanest. Like everywhere else, there was only me. It's on the edge of town, in the same building as the Red Cross and next to the Guardia Civil, so there are folk about (I had to get someone from the Red Cross to help me - the door of the albergue swelled in the sun while I had dinner, and I couldn't get back in!). My memory of Moixente was that it was a lovely place with very helpful people. Good luck with finding a hostal.

Andy

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.