• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Where to stay in or near Itero de la Vega

nicolaruby

Time of past OR future Camino
2008 SJPdP to Estelle
2013 Estelle to Burgos
Hi,

I'll be walking part of the Camino w/c 12th April 2014 and would ideally like to stay at the Albergue de San Nicolas before Itero de la Vega. Will it be open (some sites suggest it opens in May and another June?)

If it is not going to be open what places do you recommend in Itero de la Vega?

Many thanks,
Nicola

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Nicola,

I always stay in the private albergue connected to the Hostal Restaurante Puente Fitero which is on the camino at the entrance to Itero de la Vega. Telephone 979 151 822. This is a simple but adequate place. Each of three new motel-like units has 6 beds (not bunks), blankets, lockers and a well equipped spotless bathroom. More expensive private accommodation is also available. There is a wide verandah, bar and simple dining room. Another plus is a small shop on site for cheese, fruit, soap, etc. Last November the price was 8 euros including heat.

Margaret Meredith

In addition to the albergue that Margaret mentioned, other options include:

1. Municipal Albergue: located one block south of the Camino, by the parish church.

2. Albergue La Mochila: Private albergue with 20 beds located directly on the Camino.

3. Albergue Hogar del Peregrino: Private albergue located a couple of blocks north of the Camino. Has an in-house mini-market, Internet, and dinner/breakfast.
http://www.hogardelperegrino.com/Albergue-itero-de-la-vega/

Sorry, but I don't have seasonality information for any of the above. I'm in the process of contacting all albergues along the Camino Frances to get updated information; should have updated information within a couple of weeks.

Hope that helps.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Nicola,

I always stay in the private albergue connected to the Hostal Restaurante Puente Fitero which is on the camino at the entrance to Itero de la Vega. Telephone 979 151 822. This is a simple but adequate place. Each of three new motel-like units has 6 beds (not bunks), blankets, lockers and a well equipped spotless bathroom. More expensive private accommodation is also available. There is a wide verandah, bar and simple dining room. Another plus is a small shop on site for cheese, fruit, soap, etc. Last November the price was 8 euros including heat.

Margaret Meredith

I stayed there in late March this year. I was the only pilgrim. I think everyone else went on to the other albergue. I really liked the setup. The bed was very comfortable. The heat wasn't turned on, but it had been in the upper 70's for 2 weeks before that, so I'm assuming they had shut it off for the year. Either way, it was a very nice place to stay. It really helped me re-evaluate just why I was walking and the time alone helped give me the strength to go on the next day.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi Nicola, the Albergue de San Nicolas was open on 18 May this year when I went by. There was a sign on the door that the hospitaleros would be there to unlock at about 2.30 that afternoon so one of my walking companions decided to wait (it was about 1.00 then). It was unexpected as, yes, the guidebook indicated it didn't open until June. When I saw her in Fromista the next day she had had the most amazing experience staying there.

Like Margaret, I stayed in the private albergue at the entrance to Itero de la Vega. I paid the little extra for a bed rather than a bunk and it was extremely comfortable.

Buen Camino.

Lorraine

Just realised this was an older post and the OP would have been there about the same time as I was. But leaving this post for info for any pilgrims wondering the same thing.

Last edited:
Back