• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to stay in Pamplona

Yossi Fuchs

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2016
We will arrive in Pamplona by train from Barcelona at 22:45. Any idea which albergue will let us check in at such late hour; probably a little after 23:00?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hotel Eslava is nice and convenient.
I also love Pension Sarasate, which has recently been completely rebuilt and is now open.
But honestly, anyplace in Old Town Pamplona is going to be nice.
Check www.booking.com for rooms on that date.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yossi, Hostel Hemmingway is a traditional backpackers hostel rather than a pilgrim hostel, which is why the might receive you that late. It's located pretty far off the trail and a ways from the old center of the city where all the pilgrim activity is. You may want to consider one closer to Plaza del Castillo.

Your best bet for that late if an arrival is a three star hotel, which will be surprisingly affordable. Hotel Eslava is a good choice - very pilgrim-friendly.

Yossi, Hostel Hemmingway is a traditional backpackers hostel rather than a pilgrim hostel, which is why the might receive you that late. It's located pretty far off the trail and a ways from the old center of the city where all the pilgrim activity is. You may want to consider one closer to Plaza del Castillo.

Your best bet for that late if an arrival is a three star hotel, which will be surprisingly affordable. Hotel Eslava is a good choice - very pilgrim-friendly.
Hi Nancy,
I appreciate the advice. We are three guys; at the Hemingway it costs Eur 51, at Eslava the total is Eur 90. It's quite a difference...

Thank you everybody! I booked at the Hostel Hemingway; any comments about this place?

I stayed at this hostel in 2013/Steptember. It was ok for a night. It is located outside of old town as has been said before.
The funniest thing about this hostel was that the elevator always kept stopping between floors and you had to step up to get out on to your floor. I never seen anything like it. It might be fixed by now. If not, then it's character will still be there.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I stayed at this hostel in 2013/Steptember. It was ok for a night. It is located outside of old town as has been said before.
The funniest thing about this hostel was that the elevator always kept stopping between floors and you had to step up to get out on to your floor. I never seen anything like it. It might be fixed by now. If not, then it's character will still be there.
Thanks, it might make a good story to tell...

Yes, Pension Sarasate was a great place to stay and as Annie said now is revamped. Very close to all the well known tapas bars!

I will be getting to Pamplona tired and jet lagged, reserved room at Hotel Eslava. Only about 35 euro a night for room.
I stayed at the Eslava too after having arrived by train from Madrid. I took the afternoon bus to SJPP the next day. On my way back through Pamplona, I stayed at the private albergue Casa Ibarrola. Very modern place with full facilities. Sleeping quarters were individual cubicle recessed into the wall. Each cubical has a lockable area for belongings, electrical outlets, wifi, etc. It has to be one of the most unique places of the whole camino. Oh, and each cubicle has a vinyl shade that lowers and blocks all light. Kind of like sleeping in a coffin. Maybe not good for claustrophobics, but I loved it! Price was €19 and very worth it!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Eslava gets my vote. I "lost" my Sigg water bottle there but fortunately I had written my name on it. Passing the reception desk to go out for the evening, I was surprised to hear my name shouted out by the rather terse receptionist. The bottle had fallen from my rucksack in the lift and had been handed in. The receptionist handed it back tutting. How to make a middle aged bloke feel like a school boy again. It was great.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.