• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to stay in Segovia

Stephen B

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2014), Camino de Madrid (2017), Voie d'Arles (2018)
Hello everyone. I am heading out to Madrid tomorrow, arriving Thursday AM, and heading out a day or so later. Can anyone recommend a hostal/hotel in Segovia. I plan to stay for a day maybe two to look around. What is not-to-be-missed in Segovia? Many thanks, Steve

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello everyone. I am heading out to Madrid tomorrow, arriving Thursday AM, and heading out a day or so later. Can anyone recommend a hostal/hotel in Segovia. I plan to stay for a day maybe two to look around. What is not-to-be-missed in Segovia? Many thanks, Steve
Hi Sept 2016 I stayed
Hotel Condes Castilla
61 euro with breakfast.
Located inside aquaduct walls. Quiet location and older style majestic.

Hi Sept 2016 I stayed
Hotel Condes Castilla
61 euro with breakfast.
Located inside aquaduct walls. Quiet location and older style majestic.

Yikes! Thanks for getting back so quickly Walkmag. I will look it up. Best, Steve

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I'm looking at the cheaper end of the market ;) I have booked Hostel Duermevela on booking.com. But I haven't been there so I cannot recommend it yet. €18.50. I will be a day or so ahead of you.... Too late to give you a useful recommendation I guess. But I will post how it was. I am flying on Thursday and starting walking immediately. I have limited time......

Hostal Juan Bravo
Juan Bravo 12
tel 921 46 34 13

46 Euro for a double.

Must see Vera Cruz and nearby tomb of San Juan de la Cruz. A pleasant walk down the hill from the Alcazar

There is a free of charge albergue in Zamarramala maybe half an hour walk from Alcazar on Camino. If you'll stay there don't forget to go to the edge of the village when night falls for magnificent view of Alcazar and Segovia.

Last edited:
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm looking at the cheaper end of the market ;) I have booked Hostel Duermevela on booking.com. But I haven't been there so I cannot recommend it yet. €18.50. ......

I stayed at Duermevela a couple of years ago and was very well satisfied. It has a range of accommodation, from small dormitories to double or single rooms. It is well equipped and was scrupulously clean. It's well located a few minutes' walk from the aqueduct, and the owners speak excellent English. I had to stay an extra day to have a broken tooth repaired. Guillermo, one of the owners, was very helpful in arranging a dental appointment for me at short notice. On Guillermo's recommendation I went to Casa Antigua de Vizcayana for wine and tapas - good place.

I'm looking at the cheaper end of the market ;) I have booked Hostel Duermevela on booking.com. But I haven't been there so I cannot recommend it yet. €18.50. I will be a day or so ahead of you.... Too late to give you a useful recommendation I guess. But I will post how it was. I am flying on Thursday and starting walking immediately. I have limited time......

Thanks Timr. Steve

Hostal Juan Bravo
Juan Bravo 12
tel 921 46 34 13

46 Euro for a double.

Must see Vera Cruz and nearby tomb of San Juan de la Cruz. A pleasant walk down the hill from the Alcazar

Thanks AJ. Steve

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
There is a free of charge albergue in Zamarramala maybe half an hour walk from Alcazar on Camino. If you'll stay there don't forget to go to the edge of the village when night falls for magnificent view of Alcazar and Segovia.

I saw that. Thanks KO. Steve

Thanks for your suggestions everyone.

I'm looking at the cheaper end of the market ;) I have booked Hostel Duermevela on booking.com. But I haven't been there so I cannot recommend it yet. €18.50. .

Yes! I loved this place, stayed in 2015. Very central and fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
:oops:Actually it was 2014. The owners were a young couple, both university graduates who couldn't find work, so they went into business with the hostel and were very proud of it.
Instead of a sello stamp, he drew one freehand on my credential! Very nice too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum

A couple days ago I started the Camino Madrid from Segovia. Some of you may recall that I posted a few months ago looking for a relatively flat Camino to test out my body to find out if I could...
We planning a Camino Mixto of Camino Madrid/Salvador/Primitivo starting in early April next year. April 13-20 is Semana Santa next year We will probably fly in to Barcelona on 4th April and play...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back