• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Where to stay in SJPP

pilgrimadam

Time of past OR future Camino
May/june 2014 Camino Frances
Any suggestions on where to stay in SJPP on or around May 16, 17 and 18. We tried L'Esprit du Chemin, but they're fully booked.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Is It advisable to book ahead for SJPDP? for I was going to start as I mean to go and just turn up and hope for a bed, I arrive about 17.00hrs 28/4. Should I start to be worried with only 14 days before I arrive...

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
You can always 'wing it". When you arrive go to the Pilgrims' office of the Amis du Chemin de Saint Jacques at 39 rue de la Citadelle. They can provide you with a Credential and on site lodging assistance. Their telephone is 05 59 37 05 09. In season the pilgrims office is open from 7h30 to 12h30 and then from 13h30 to 22h. They keep up to the minute lists of ALL available space throughout the SJPdP area, both pilgrim albergues as well as tourist accommodation.

MM

Is It advisable to book ahead for SJPDP? for I was going to start as I mean to go and just turn up and hope for a bed, I arrive about 17.00hrs 28/4. Should I start to be worried with only 14 days before I arrive...

I would think you should be fine this early in the season to just arrive.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I would think you should be fine this early in the season to just arrive.
I should think so, too. But since "everybody" arrives at the same place to start, I have decided to reserve a bed in SJ and Orrison, just to clear out these issues. After that, what happens, happens.

I just booked us into Gite. L'esprit du Chemin was booked for the night we needed. I did not pay for the breakfast because I was hoping I could get a breakfast somewhere with some protein to help for the days walk. Any suggestions for breakfast in SJPP before heading out. Also, any suggestions for dinner the night before?

€149,-
.... Any suggestions for breakfast in SJPP before heading out. Also, any suggestions for dinner the night before?

For lunch or dinner Chez DeDe at 3 rue de France is quite ok. It is near the Pilgrim Office at 39 rue de la Citadelle and often suggested by them. The place also appears in the movie The Way. I have eaten here many times over the years; the food is good and the prices very reasonable. .

MM

As far as staying I loved http://errecaldia.com/! For dinner - can't remember the name but it's on the north side of rue du Trinquet just south of the river. Basque name with sorts of XXs and ZZs!

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back