Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.
Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.

Where was that albergue?

Bert45

Past OR future Camino
(2003) Francés, (2014) Francés, (2016) Portugués , (2016) Aragonés, (2018) del Norte to Primitivo,
In the 2017/18 programme "Pilgrimage" in which seven minor celebs walked parts of the Camino Francés, they spent their last night in a large two-storey shed with a huge painted scallop shell on the front of the building. It was said to be "5 km" from Santiago. Can you identify it for me, please? (It was repeated this morning, Sunday 23 May.)

Create your own ad
€1,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Rent a house in Santiago (1 month minimum)
300m from the cathedral and around the corner from the fresh food market in Santiago. Perfect place to tele commute from (1GB symmetrical connection).

nidarosa

Veteran Member
Past OR future Camino
Inglés 2009+2017, Francés 2012+2018, Astorga-Santiago repeatedly
It said they were going to Monte do Gozo, which is about 5 km from Santiago, where there is a massive 400+ bed albergue, is that it?

EDIT: Checked the end of programme and it is.

Bert45

Past OR future Camino
(2003) Francés, (2014) Francés, (2016) Portugués , (2016) Aragonés, (2018) del Norte to Primitivo,
It's not the main albergue. I only caught the last 15 minutes or so of the programme, and so just missed the bit where the voice-over said they were staying at a Polish run hostel at Monte do Gozo. [I've just watched that bit on iPlayer.] Here's a screenshot:
1621804761709.png

Stivandrer

Perambulating & Curious. Rep stravaiging offender
Past OR future Camino
I´ve got Camino plans until 2042,
- or till I fall flat on my face, whichever comes first !!
Those of us who cannot worm our way into the BBC:

Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.
Camino Cups
Browse our selection of Camino Cups on the forum store

Bert45

Past OR future Camino
I entered Centro Europeo de peregrinacion Juan Pablo II and looked at 'Images'. Not one of the images showed the shed with the scallop shell on it as shown in my screen-shot, but I have no doubt that it is the place.

D

Deleted member 73526

I entered Centro Europeo de peregrinacion Juan Pablo II and looked at 'Images'. Not one of the images showed the shed with the scallop shell on it as shown in my screen-shot, but I have no doubt that it is the place.
This page shows a near identical building with different wall art:

I guess it's probably the same building photographed at a different time - or the identical twin of the building on the same campus.

Bert45

Past OR future Camino
This page shows a near identical building with different wall art:

I guess it's probably the same building photographed at a different time - or the identical twin of the building on the same campus.
That's very interesting, Raggy. I thought, maybe I didn't find a picture of the "shed" because my search engine (? browser? I can never remember the difference) is searching in English. So I googled "Centro de Peregrinacion wydzielony został budynek" and first of all four images appeared including one of the shed as it appears on Raggy's find. When I clicked on "View all" it wasn't there! 19 images, but not one of the shed! But my question has been well and truly answered. The Pilgrims stayed at the Centro de Peregrinacion Juan Pablo II, which has been painted variously at various times.

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 101 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads