• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Which 120km?

Jandot

Time of past OR future Camino
(2010)
(2019)
I only have time to walk for 6 days and don’t want to walk more that 20km a day. What section of the Camino would be recommended to walk, beautiful countryside & taste of culture of Spain?

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I'd recommend starting in Pamplona. It's relatively easy to get to transport-wise, a fabulous destination in its own right. You'd get a taste of Basque culture in the Navarra region, and from there you'd head into the wine lands of Rioja. You'd probably get just a bit further than Logrono - also good for transport connections.

It's not as busy as the final stages of the Frances, and best of all, and you'd still have plenty of the camino left to do when you return next time! ;)

I'd recommend starting in Pamplona. It's relatively easy to get to transport-wise, a fabulous destination in its own right. You'd get a taste of Basque culture in the Navarra region, and from there you'd head into the wine lands of Rioja. You'd probably get just a bit further than Logrono - also good for transport connections.

It's not as busy as the final stages of the Frances, and best of all, and you'd still have plenty of the camino left to do when you return next time! ;)
Thank you so much.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I would agree with Jan_D, I did the Camino a few years ago and that part was my favourite.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
go for the Camino Ingles from Ferrol.

It is quiet, giving a good camino experience, it walks along the coast for the first few days, and you walk the whole camino, giving a better sense of achievement than walking the last 120km of a larger camino.

There is one stage though that is more than 20km, but that is after 3 days, when you are hopefully broken in.

I'd say get yourself to Tui and walk to Santiago that way on the last stretch of the Portuguese. It's much nicer than Soria to Santiago and far less trodden.

My second suggestion if based on the fact you can only afford six days to walk.

If this is because of work commitments then maybe consider a change of lifestyle? It's crazy that in many parts of the world people only have 10 days off per year. That's borderline slavery - in fact in this day and age it is slavery.

Back