• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Which additional 'Short' Camino would you add on to the CF?

Robo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Frances 15,16,18
VdlP 23, Invierno 23, Fisterra 23
My better half, Pat, will be walking the CF with me from St Jean next year.

I was asking if she might want to go out to Muxia by Bus once we are in Santiago. I did that in 2015 and loved it. (I didn't have time to walk and couldn't walk anymore anyway).

I mentioned in passing that is we caught a Bus out to Muxia and walked back via Finisterre, that she could collect another Compostella, as it was more than 100 kms.

Her eyes lit up :eek:

She now has the idea of adding a 'short' Camino......or two.........after the CF. If she is able of course.

The extra Camino or two would be walked to honour her late Mother and then Grandmother, to have their names added to each additional Compostella. ( I forge the Latin term used)

So which additional Camino would you recommend? I have only walked the CF.

From Muxia (but I hear in reverse the signage can be difficult)
The Ingles
The Portugese (last 100)

Our preference is to walk no more than 25 kms per day. We can't walk really more due to foot injuries, so 30+ days are out.
And if possible we like to use Casa Rurals or similar.

Any opinions and suggestions most appreciated.

Of course we could arrive in SDC and not want to walk another step! :eek:

But we are taking it slow (50 days allowed) so we might be 'up for it'....

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Does it have to be a Compostela, or will any old certificate do? If any certificate will do, walk to Fisterra ans Muxia, or give the Salvador a try.

If you must have a Compostela, then what about the end of the Sanbres?

I would not recommend Tui to Santiago, don't know anything about the Ingles but I would also consider that. Lugo to Santiago is do so so, a d terrible once you reach Melide.

Does it have to be a Compostela, or will any old certificate do? If any certificate will do, walk to Fisterra ans Muxia, or give the Salvador a try.

If you must have a Compostela, then what about the end of the Sanbres?

I would not recommend Tui to Santiago, don't know anything about the Ingles but I would also consider that. Lugo to Santiago is do so so, a d terrible once you reach Melide.

Thanks...

Yes, it needs to be for a Compostella. One for her Mother and one for her Grandmother.
We will have just walked through Melide on the Frances, so would be nice to try another route.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
What a lovely idea. My suggestion:-
The Camino Ingles and take 8 or 9 days, instead of the 5 most people do. That would be far less than the 25kms per day, but there are number of hills and it makes a great slower Camino. The CSJ guide has plenty of private accommodation listed and from Ferrol it qualifies for a Compostela. (I don't think the new rule from A Coruna will help you, so best play it safe from Ferrol.)

Robo, The Beloved has walked the Ingles and the SdC / Fisterra / Muxia / SdC triangle with me. Two Compostelas, One Fisterrana & one Muxiana (we had to get a bigger wall ;)) Both are great, well resourced, routes. All the info you could possibly need is on the forum resource pages and available from the Galician Tourist Office in SdC. The return route Muxia - SdC is partially marked in Blue but its easy enough if you can read a route guide back to front, just reverse left & right. Straight on is always straight on...

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum

La Voz de Galicia has reported the death of a 65 year old pilgrim from the United States this afternoon near Castromaior. The likely cause appears to be a heart attack. The pilgrim was walking the...
Just reading this thread https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/news-from-the-camino.86228/ and the OP mentions people being fined €12000. I knew that you cannot do the Napoleon in...
I’m heading to the Frances shortly and was going to be a bit spontaneous with rooms. I booked the first week just to make sure and was surprised at how tight reservations were. As I started making...
This is my first posting but as I look at the Camino, I worry about 'lack of solitude' given the number of people on the trail. I am looking to do the France route....as I want to have the...
My first SPRINGTIME days on the Camino Francés 🎉 A couple of interesting tidbits. I just left Foncebadón yesterday. See photo. By the way, it's really not busy at all on my "wave". Plenty of...
Hello, I would be grateful for some advice from the ones of you who are walking/have recently walked from SJPdP :) 1 - How busy is the first part of the camino right now? I read some reports of a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back