• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Poll Which Camino are you planning next?

Which Camino do you plan to walk next? If uncertain, you can pick 2.

• Camino Frances

Votes: 104 28.7%
  • Ingles

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • Invierno

Votes: 35 9.7%
  • Lana/Levante/Sureste

Votes: 10 2.8%
  • Madrid

Votes: 15 4.1%
  • Norte

Votes: 58 16.0%
  • Portuguese

Votes: 85 23.5%
  • Primitivo/Salvador

Votes: 54 14.9%
  • Sanabres/Via de la Plata

Votes: 58 16.0%
  • Other - Please name in comments below

Votes: 52 14.4%

• Total voters
Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.

Hopefully...

If my first chance to go back is in the spring, Lana.

If my first chance to go back is in the summer or fall, and I have a long time, Viejo from Pamplona

If my first chance to go back is in the summer or fall, and I have a short time, Geira e dos Arrieiros

If my first chance to go back is in the winter, Mozárabe from Málaga.

I have to be prepared because you never know when the opportunity will arise.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Alright, here goes!

My original spring 2021 plan with @Wendy Werneth was Camino Mozarabé/VdlP/Sanabrés/Finisterre, starting in early April just after Easter. That is obviously in some doubt now.

Our backup spring plan for a 'local' walk in our country of residence (Portugal) is this: Rota Vicentina coastal (Fisherman's Trail) south to Sagres, the Ecovia along the Algarve coast to Tavira, and then the Caminho do Este north to Santiago if that's possible, or stopping just before reaching Spain and returning to Lisbon.

Last edited:
We will walk our fourth Camino this fall (Sept-Oct) and once again will hike camino frances. Each time we hike, we have memories of prior caminos, and staying at some of our favorite albergues and eating in our favorite restaurants are like daily homecoming parties. That said, each camino, we stay in towns and albergues we've not stayed in before, so this gives us an opportunity to discover new favorites for the future.

I've researched some of the other camino routes, but our criteria are to hike 20 to 25 kms per day, stay in private rooms each night, and use Jako-trans to transport my wife's backpack. During our first camino in 2015, we met a peregrino that had walked the Camino Frances at least ten times. He said each time was different than before. Bob

I went for "other". Current plan is to pick up last year's Covid-truncated camino at Montserrat in October, with a few days on the Camí Sant Jaume, joining the Ruta del Ebro at Fuentes del Ebro, then take the Castellano-Aragonés from Gallur to Santo Domingo de Silos. Down the Lana to Riofrío del Llano, across on the Arcipreste to Guadalajara to pick up the Mendocino to Manzanares el Real, followed by a few days on the Madrid. Then across to the Levante at Arévalo, down to Ávila, take the Teresiana to Alba de Tormes and on to Salamanca, Camino Torres to Peso da Régua, up the Camino Portugués del Interior to Verín, picking up the Sanabrés there and so to Santiago.

We shall see.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
If I do go in August/ September I will only have 25/26 days, I am looking at the Camino Geira e dos Arrieiros as my only definite route, other than that I have 5 or 6 candidates which could fill the remaining time, the Camino do Mar being the one that I am looking at in this moment, that will change, if and when I do get to Santiago after the Braga route I will make a decision then.

Another 'other' vote: we plan to do the Mozarábe from Almeria, looking at all the interesting sights along the way, if we are able to travel by spring 2022.
Hopefully you’ll get to do that camino. If you’ve never been to Granada or Córdoba, you’re in for a real treat. The Mezquita in Córdoba is one of my very favourite buildings in the world, and the Alhambra in Granada is also spectacular.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Depending on how much time we have, we definitely want to walk the Frances again from St Jean, which we had planned to do in 2020 but we had also planned to walk from Le Puy to Santiago via St Jean in 2021. These were our pre covid plans! Now we are hoping to walk the Frances in September/October 2021 if we are lucky or in 2022. Then we will have to see if we are physically able to walk from Le Puy after that. We are not getting any younger but still keep hoping and dreaming.

I picked 2, as the next we would like to do in Spain is the Invierno, but with borders closed, looks like we will do the Aussie Camino (for St Mary MacKillop) here in Australia first.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I hope, when things eventually calm down, to do what I had planned for spring 2020: Levante from Toledo to Zamora, VDLP up to Astorga, couple of days across the Frances to Ponferrada, then the Invierno to SdC.

And of course I hope get around to finishing the Lana, and there's the first week out of Lisbon that I skipped and, and.....

I hope, when things eventually calm down, to do what I had planned for spring 2020: Levante from Toledo to Zamora, VDLP up to Astorga, couple of days across the Frances to Ponferrada, then the Invierno to SdC.

And of course I hope get around to finishing the Lana, and there's the first week out of Lisbon that I skipped and, and.....
Great combination, @Flogwail! It’s so interesting to see how many ways these caminos can be combined. Any camino that ends with the Invierno is going to be five star!

I picked 2, as the next we would like to do in Spain is the Invierno, but with borders closed, looks like we will do the Aussie Camino (for St Mary MacKillop) here in Australia first.
We walked the Aussie Camino in April, 2015 and thoroughly enjoyed it. We actually live on it, at Cape Bridgewater! You are welcome to visit us when you are here. PM us if you like.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Great combination, @Flogwail! It’s so interesting to see how many ways these caminos can be combined. Any camino that ends with the Invierno is going to be five star!
Yeah, I typically take in 3 or 4 different routes when I can escape for a few weeks, but not always continuous and I thought this would be a nice way. I've walked from Zamora to Astorga before and I liked that it wasn't too busy - most seem to opt for the Sanabres.

I put Madrid down, but it is really misleading. Which my next Camino is depends on with whom I walk it.

If I go solo, I will go Madrid to San Salvador to Primitivo. I couldn't put three down so I just put Madrid.

If my next is with my wife or my cousins (who have expressed some interest), probably the Portugues again.

If my next is with my son again, probably the Frances starting from Ostabat, where the three French routes that lead into SJPP join.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
We walked the Aussie Camino in April, 2015 and thoroughly enjoyed it. We actually live on it, at Cape Bridgewater! You are welcome to visit us when you are here. PM us if you like.
I walked the Aussie Camino with family and friends in 2016. It is a beautiful pilgrimage. You are blessed to live in such a picturesque place. I thought Cape Bridgewater and surrounds were stunning.

My next Camino, hopefully, will be the one we had planned for last year. It was going to be the Madrid and Invierno routes. As we may not be able to leave Australia till later in the year, I think we will be walking in 2022.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
As others have said it depends in part on timing. If I can start in spring it will probably be Camino Mozarabe from Almeria to Salamanca, then Camino Torres to Braga to join the Portugues to SdC. Otherwise, it will be the Camino Madrid then CF to Leon. Next a bit of the Salvador to connect with the Olvidado in La Robla to head towards Ponferrada. Not sure after that as I have walked the other ways to SdC a few times.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
May to September I stay home, really really love my home in Nova Scotia during this time.
So if late fall I would like to pick up the Norte route from where I left off in Bilbao,
If winter maybe the Fishermans route combined with the south route from Huelva,
If the following early spring - ???
Funny, as I type this none of it seems real, am I losing hope?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Alright, here goes!

My original spring 2021 plan with @Wendy Werneth was Camino Mozarabé/VdlP/Sanabrés/Finisterre, starting in early April just after Easter. That is obviously in some doubt now.

Our backup spring plan for a 'local' walk in our country of residence (Portugal) is this: Rota Vicentina coastal (Fisherman's Trail) south to Sagres, the Ecovia along the Algarve coast to Tavira, and then the Caminho do Este north to Santiago if that's possible, or stopping just before reaching Spain and returning to Lisbon.
Caminho do Este ❤️ ......in winter 12/2019-03/2020 I stayed in Alporchinos and took my dog on a long slow drive Northeast to hike ......Beja, Evora then up along the border with Spain to Bragança in search of mountain top fortresses and castles......I encountered many yellow arrows.....the history is amazing and will be an amazing caminho. 🥾🥾🥾

I have been thinking about the Mozarabé + Viá de la Plata combo.

However, I am open to another shorter combo San Salvador + Primitivo +Francés. It all depends on what conditions are like on the ground here and there in the future. 👣 :D:cool:

But then again, I may need the hustle of the Francés after being somewhat isolated all this time.🤔 I Just need to get out!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have to get through an ankle surgery and rehab before being able to assess what kind of distances and elevations gains will be possible for me...but I have been thinking about:

The Francigena - short segments combining battlefields of the world wars. I would especially like to see one or two of the fortifications of the Maginot Line, some of which are on or close to the Francigena route.

Sentier des Cathares - not a Camino route but I have been interested in this for some time. Might be too difficult for my ankles, tho.

Camino Baztan - I keep seeing breathtaking reviews of Pays Basque - the food, the people, the seacoast.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Other
I need to beta test the guide to the Eastern Tours route variant from Châtellerault to. Somport. Then if I can, Basque Interior starting from Bayonne and joining it somehow to the Invierno.

I’m looking forward to walking the Levante next. Yesterday, I was able to extend the time on my airline voucher since I was unable to walk the Levante this past April. Needing to get in a long walk this year, I started the PCT across Oregon. Unfortunately, wildfires forced me off the trail. This wasn’t a year for long walks for me, but thank goodness Oregon has lots of trails to keep me walking most days.

€60,-
Caminho do Este ❤️ ......in winter 12/2019-03/2020 I stayed in Alporchinos and took my dog on a long slow drive Northeast to hike ......Beja, Evora then up along the border with Spain to Bragança in search of mountain top fortresses and castles......I encountered many yellow arrows.....the history is amazing and will be an amazing caminho. 🥾🥾🥾
Good to know that there are arrows. I only just thought of this last week and it's still a backup plan only at this stage so I haven't really started to look into it at all. We have already been to several places on the camino (Beja, Evora, Bragança, Chaves) but as we discovered on our recent CP, that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
This poll is somewhat connected to my other question about topics for discussion on the forum. Which route(s) are you hoping to walk next? I could only list 10 in the poll, so I had to group some. Please use the thread below to explain further.

If I am still alive and if we are vaccinated, it will be by April 2022 or else April 2023.
Start my walk John O Groat's to Rome via Canterbury Via Francigena should be around 3000+Kilometer.
I had to cancel it in April 2020 when it was all paid for.:(
Ultrea:)

This poll is somewhat connected to my other question about topics for discussion on the forum. Which route(s) are you hoping to walk next? I could only list 10 in the poll, so I had to group some. Please use the thread below to explain further.
England

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
I have three caminos planed: 1. Is a camino in Polen called The Pomeranian way of S:t James. 2. Camino Frances. 3. Camino Muxia and Finesterre. For now I will just walk in my parts of southern Sweden. When the Covid-19 situation is under control and it is safe to travel in a responsible way, hopefully I will get on the ferry from here to Polen.

It had been our plan to walk a Catalan Camino starting in Llançà during the fall of 2020. We also had plans to walk the Mozarábe route from Almeria during the spring of 2021. All is uncertain at this point but, certainly, if possible we would like to be able to walk those two routes in the future. Difficult to know what will be possible.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
3 on the horizon.
A Portuguese from a Coimbra with my step-sister (who is not a walker, but is keen).
A combination Norte and Ingles with Spouse.
A return to the Frances with Spouse because we’ve both walked fully, but not together so we want to go from SJPdP to Pontferrada and then hop onto the Invierno for the rest.
And after that? Really hoping to find a stone and timber home in the NE of Spain or right along the Minho on either side of the border.

A Portuguese from a Coimbra with my step-sister (who is not a walker, but is keen).
I found the part between Coimbra and Porto to be the least interesting of the entire CP from Lisbon. It's a lot of road walking and mostly uninteresting towns. Coimbra itself is great, but if you're open to other options and transport, I would recommend starting in Tomar (taking a day to explore if you've never been). You could walk Tomar-Coimbra, which for me was the nicest stretch of the camino between Lisbon and Porto - it comprises a few really nice stages of country walking among vineyards and olive groves and also takes you to the Roman site at Conímbriga. From Coimbra, you could take the train to Porto before continuing on foot. Bom caminho in any case!

I found the part between Coimbra and Porto to be the least interesting of the entire CP from Lisbon. It's a lot of road walking and mostly uninteresting towns. Coimbra itself is great, but if you're open to other options and transport, I would recommend starting in Tomar (taking a day to explore if you've never been). You could walk Tomar-Coimbra, which for me was the nicest stretch of the camino between Lisbon and Porto - it comprises a few really nice stages of country walking among vineyards and olive groves and also takes you to the Roman site at Conímbriga. From Coimbra, you could take the train to Porto before continuing on foot. Bom caminho in any case!

To each their own; I've already done Coimbra to SdC as a solo walker and I did not find it boring at all.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'm hoping for Fall 2022 (might have to be August '22). I would like to walk from Salamanca to Astorga, and then to Sarria (via Samos, missed it the first time). Maybe walk from Madrid to Segovia again, and take the train to Salamanca. Probably also train it from Sarria into Santiago, don't need to walk in, just really want to see the Cathedral finished. I don't mind jumping around a bit (will have a limited time), as long as I have a couple of weeks or more of solid walking. Thanks for this cause to reflect and dream a bit. Peace

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Norté - starting in Irun. Not sure if we will branch off onto the Primitivo or keep going on the Norté... our plans to walk this route May/June 2020 were cancelled due to Covid, so we hope to try again when we can - hopefully in June 2021. Until then stay healthy, everyone!

I would recommend starting in Tomar (taking a day to explore if you've never been). You could walk Tomar-Coimbra, which for me was the nicest stretch of the camino between Lisbon and Porto - it comprises a few really nice stages of country walking among vineyards and olive groves and also takes you to the Roman site at...
I walked up from Tomar to Caminha last September (I was a week or two behind you, I think?) Yes I agree, it was a lovely stretch between Tomar and Coimbra, and Tomar was a beautiful town to explore before starting out..

€46,-
I have been drawn to the Via de la Plata/Sanabres and that was planned for last spring. The Frances holds so many good memories, I am also attracted to return for the third time, but perhaps finish over the Invierno.
Buen Camino!
--james--

Primitivo, from Oviedo to Lugo. After the Salvador, it really got me intrigued. But I also want to do one of the Caminos a Guadalupe, and that has been in the works for quite some time so, we'll see...

Join the Camino Cleanup in May from Ponferrada to Sarria. Registration closes Mar 22.
I'd been planning Tour du Mont Blanc and the Walker's Haute Route for summer 2020. I would still love to that and the Le Puy route. But with things still up in the air and this new Brierley Sanabrés/Invierno in hand, it'd be nice just to be headed back to Santiago again.

Other, mozarabe from just before antiquera, (amazing walk into it) to cordoba.

Thanks to all 236 people who have responded to the survey, so far, and the many who have commented!

The results are interesting - mainly because we can see how many different ways people (especially the serial pilgrims currently active on the forum) put together their Caminos. The Camino Frances remains an important element for many combinations, and the Portugues offers several variations that can be explored.

€60,-
We will walk our fourth Camino this fall (Sept-Oct) and once again will hike camino frances. Each time we hike, we have memories of prior caminos, and staying at some of our favorite albergues and eating in our favorite restaurants are like daily homecoming parties. That said, each camino, we stay in towns and albergues we've not stayed in before, so this gives us an opportunity to discover new favorites for the future.

I've researched some of the other camino routes, but our criteria are to hike 20 to 25 kms per day, stay in private rooms each night, and use Jako-trans to transport my wife's backpack. During our first camino in 2015, we met a peregrino that had walked the Camino Frances at least ten times. He said each time was different than before. Bob
Thanks Bob, I’ve only done one so far, Frances, and I’m definitely pulled back there. Great to hear each time is different.
I’m also drawn to Salvador/Primitivo, and way down the track, the Via de La Plata.
Buen Camino, Phil

€149,-
I've been wanting to walk from Vezelay for several years - then on to El Norte through to Santiago. Not sure of timing of course because of covid restrictions. I'm SO looking forward to getting back. So many caminos, so little time!

I hope to do a combination of Mozarabe/VdlP/Sanabres/Ingles, taking me from Almeria on the Mediterranean to El Ferrol on the Atlantic. Having walked a continuous 1000kms on the Frances/Muxia/Fisterra Camino, the plan now is to walk a 1000 miles Camino. 2021 would be nice for this, but realistically, I think it will be in 2022. I polled for VdlP and Other.

Poles are antithetical to the " one man - one Camino philosophy"

It is a unique experience.

I do get the sociological effort - but you will not find any real truth in it.

The Camino is not a telescope - is a microscope. It is about deeply personal narritive.

Those who know, do not say.

Those who say, do not know.

It is eneffable. Can not be defined.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Having been locked away here in Australia this year, my wife and I have as a first priority to visit our daughter near London first. As avid cruisers we had planned to visit in May last year and add on three weeks cruising the Mediterranean and Baltic Seas. Of course that didn’t eventuate!
However, the good thing to come out of it was that I got new knees, and am now passionately into walking/hiking, and the Camino is at the very top of my list!
So we will plan to do the Frances as soon as possible. Preferably in the shoulder season. Maybe the Norte after that.

We're planning a Frances, starting in Lourdes. We had originally planned this for Spring 2020, but now we're looking at Spring 2022. Hopefully.

I cannot see being able to do the Portuguese that I had been planning in 2020 this year - the date we Australians can travel is both some way off and still uncertain. But when we can travel, that will be where I will be heading.

In the meantime, I will walk the Camino Salvado in Western Australia in September this year. It's a rather shorter pilgrimage with organised support and accommodation, but I expect that it will still have its own challenges.

I was sad to leave France in November 2020 due to the lockdown.
When I return to Europe this is my planned adventure:

1) Complete the second half of the 'Vezelay Camino' (Saint-Astier to SJPDP)
2) SJPDP to Burgos on the 'Camino Frances'
3) Burgos to Bilbao on the 'Camino Del Valle de Mena"
4) Bilbao to Cacabelos on the 'Camino Olvidado'
5) Cacabelos to Las Herrerias on the 'Camino Frances'
6) Las Herrerias to Lugo on the 'Via Kunig'
7) Lugo to Santiago on the 'Camino Frances'

I'll be meandering around Northern Spain along the bright red line.
Spain Camino Snip.JPG
(image snip is from the superb Camino Route Map on the https://www.rayyrosa.com website. )

@Shona and I have come to terms with the fact that our VdlP won't be this spring, we hold out in the hope that we can maybe go in the autumn. In the meantime i'm going to keep my legs going with walks local to me - going to give the Hebridean Way a go when that is possible and I won't even need to leave my own county :) I could even walk it and then walk back home as I live about 1 mile from the route, getting in a good couple hundred miles :) Walking in Scotland is no substitute for my beloved Spain though hahaha

€60,-
My biggest wish would be the Camino de Baztan and then the Camino Frances to Leon, but I'm afraid that will not work.

As an alternative, I could imagine the Pomeranian Way of St. James. The journey would be very easy from Germany and possibly I could walk with the priest of our parish, who comes from Elblag/Elbing.

If a pilgrimage abroad is not possible, I still have a bicycle tour in Germany as an ace up my sleeve.:p

Oh my... it is going to be a hard choice. Haven't been out of my autonomous region since September 2019... Officially I would be allowed to walk any part of the Camino in Asturias right now (avoiding the cierres perimetrales) but that doesn't feel right.

So, my list for whenever:
- If I would have just a week it might be the Norte from Avilés to Ribadeo.
- My plan once was two weeks on the Mozárabe in April/May 2020. That is still the highest on my list, but I haven't decided which part yet.
- Rewalk parts of the Via de la Plata (especially the southern part) is also tempting.
- Once (when better trained) I would love to do the Primitivo, most likely from Oviedo to Lugo, to get to know that part of Asturias. If really well trained and with more time I might even start in León and add the Salvador.
- Due to tendonitis I never walked from Roncesvalles to Pamplona, so something like Roncesvalles to Logroño on the Francés is also still on my list.

What do people think about the likelihood of being able, in june 2021, to walk the frances, roncevalles to maybe lograno? I am fully vaccinated.

I know US citizens are currently denied entry to Spain. Does anyone think this may change this summer?

What do people think about the likelihood of being able, in june 2021, to walk the frances, roncevalles to maybe lograno? I am fully vaccinated.

I know US citizens are currently denied entry to Spain. Does anyone think this may change this summer?

[Apologies in advance for the rant. We are all impatient!]

No one on the forum knows. No one in Spain knows. No one in the world knows how the pandemic will have progressed by this summer! The only accurate answer is "maybe, maybe not" and many of us think that the "not" is more likely.

On the forum we have been guessing and conjecturing, complaining and hoping for over a year, non-stop. You can see this from all of the Covid threads and Lockdown threads in this section of the forum, which has almost 10,000 posts! We all rely on the same sources of information - news media and government sources, and they don't know either!

Your vaccination is just one piece of the puzzle - the other millions/billions of pieces are the other people and the variants of the virus.

Only time will tell. We are all hoping that things will open up by the summer, but not many of us are making travel plans yet! Not many of us are even making plans for social gatherings at home. :(

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
I was sad to leave France in November 2020 due to the lockdown.
When I return to Europe this is my planned adventure:

1) Complete the second half of the 'Vezelay Camino' (Saint-Astier to SJPDP)
2) SJPDP to Burgos on the 'Camino Frances'
3) Burgos to Bilbao on the 'Camino Del Valle de Mena"
4) Bilbao to Cacabelos on the 'Camino Olvidado'
5) Cacabelos to Las Herrerias on the 'Camino Frances'
6) Las Herrerias to Lugo on the 'Via Kunig'
7) Lugo to Santiago on the 'Camino Frances'

I'll be meandering around Northern Spain along the bright red line.
View attachment 92420
(image snip is from the superb Camino Route Map on the https://www.rayyrosa.com website. )
I hope to walk a few of these steps with you pilgrim 🚶🏼‍♀️

My list is growing ever longer. Right now I won’t mind which path... as long as we can look forward to carefree days I’ll happily walk any or all of the above suggestions. 🥺

Starting in Sarria early in October. I've started in Sarria before, but repeating suits my vacation schedule the best. Hope to spend another 2 weeks in Spain after I finish.
My plans for last spring obviously postponed til fall. That did not happen. Another opportunity for this spring also postponed. Will have to see about flight restrictions and so forth if I ever get to go international again or at least for a long time.

I checked off the Levante above, and I think it would be a good walk for someone with a new knee, as there are hundreds of kms of mostly level walking before the approach of higher ground. I have been hopeful of being able to walk it, as I have been assigned a vaccine group scheduled for April. But if Spain does not open up by early September, I may give myself a month or so to walk later in the year and try the Salvador/Primitivo combination. I favour @peregrina2000 's method of choosing her next camino according to what time of year she is able to walk it. It's a great way to not lose any more time than necessary away from the camino, although I'm a little apprehensive of snow late in the year.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Le Puy, then if I go in the summer, it would the Norte. If in the fall, Francis.

I think I would like a nostalgic walk on the Frances again. It will be 9 years in April since I first walked it. Or maybe the Mozarabe to the Via de la Plata from Malaga in the Fall

Hope to walk one this year, but I’m not sure which route to take. Period of walking must be somewhere between half Aug and the first week of Sep. I would love to walk the Lebaniego/Vadiniense route, starting from Santander. But also the Camino Sanabres and the Camino Invierno are on the wish list. Help :)

€60,-
Hello wonderful walkers,

Le Puy route should have been my 6th Camino last summer, losing hope for this summer, and will keep looking forward to next summer, 2022! Until then, I waddle as much as possible.

Trust in the arrows,
Simeon

I haven't decided yet. My mom had to end her Camino Frances early due to an injury - I don't mind picking up where she left and walking again with her, this time really slowing down and really taking the experience to heart. On the other hand I would love to do the Portuguese route from Porto. I have some time to decide - hoping we get to walk again in Summer 2022.

[Apologies in advance for the rant. We are all impatient!]

No one on the forum knows. No one in Spain knows. No one in the world knows how the pandemic will have progressed by this summer! The only accurate answer is "maybe, maybe not" and many of us think that the "not" is more likely.

On the forum we have been guessing and conjecturing, complaining and hoping for over a year, non-stop. You can see this from all of the Covid threads and Lockdown threads in this section of the forum, which has almost 10,000 posts! We all rely on the same sources of information - news media and government sources, and they don't know either!

Your vaccination is just one piece of the puzzle - the other millions/billions of pieces are the other people and the variants of the virus.

Only time will tell. We are all hoping that things will open up by the summer, but not many of us are making travel plans yet! Not many of us are even making plans for social gatherings at home. :(
Thank you! for taking the time to fill me in.
It was useful also to understand that each section of Spain seems to be responsible for some of its own rulings...
I'm going to hope to walk for 2 weeks in September, knowing that is probably too optimistic...

€149,-
We're planning a Frances, starting in Lourdes. We had originally planned this for Spring 2020, but now we're looking at Spring 2022. Hopefully.

thomrying ,
Do check out this latest BBC info showing Lourdes now in May 2021.

Whenever you do go Buen Camino.

Lourdes: Pilgrims flock to French sanctuary online in their millions - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-57075292

Most read last week in this forum

https://www.lodgify.com/blog/es/observatorio-lodgify-febrero-2024/?utm_campaign=ES%20-%20Content%20Newsletter&utm_medium=email&_hsmi=298376570&_hsenc=p2ANqtz--KQkkCIbmVh11e1l-9P2514JyKrTN8_nNki9ioi...
Have you had Communion while attending the Cruz de Ferro?
Hi there Can anyone tell me where on the Camino Frances there is a mural on a wall depicting “the three wise men”. I’ve admired it on several occasions, over the years, but I can’t remember where...
I wonder how many,if any get caught up in the idea...or ideal of the Camino To be sure it captured my imagination and reinforced by videos and pictures. I am quick to seek and find the good in...
What does the abbreviation "Rda" mean in Spanish? In context: "Calle la Rda, Villalcázar de Sirga". I have googled (of course), but I've obviously not been asking the right questions, as I've...
Hoping someone will have some new ideas for me! I always bring a box to Spain to mail to my friends in Madrid. It has for years had the following items — boxes of Vanilla Chai tea bags, Dentyne...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back