Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Which Camino in June ?

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2017
Primitivo 2018
Finisterre/Muxía 2018
Norte 2019
Happy New Year with hopefully lots of wonderful Camino adventures !

I’m desperately looking at the calendar for 4 weeks to escape and it’s either wait until October or brave a Camino in June.
My initial thought was the VdlP in October/ November but could possibly get away for 3-4 weeks in June so any suggestions for a peaceful, not too hot Camino ?

Anamiri

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
2016, 2017, 2019 Camino Frances
June is a beautiful month. It would be my favourite time. Flowers everywhere and storks with their babies in their nests.
My next one will be June , following the Frances until Ponferrada and then the Invierno to Santiago

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2017
Primitivo 2018
Finisterre/Muxía 2018
Norte 2019
June is a beautiful month. It would be my favourite time. Flowers everywhere and storks with their babies in their nests.
My next one will be June , following the Frances until Ponferrada and then the Invierno to Santiago
Thanks
I am thinking the Camino Invierno would be a good choice .
I wouldn’t have time to walk the Francés again but could perhaps start at León

jungleboy

Nick
Camino(s) past & future
Francés 2017
Primitivo 2018
Madrid 2019
Kumano Kodo 2019
I am considering the Olvidado/Invierno combination this June. If you want to escape the heat of the plains in June, a more mountainous camino like the Olvidado or Primitivo could be a good choice.

peregrina2000

Staff member
Happy New Year with hopefully lots of wonderful Camino adventures !

I’m desperately looking at the calendar for 4 weeks to escape and it’s either wait until October or brave a Camino in June.
My initial thought was the VdlP in October/ November but could possibly get away for 3-4 weeks in June so any suggestions for a peaceful, not too hot Camino ?
Ok Boomer. :p

Welcome to the forum.

Olvidado/Invierno would be a terrific June combination. With a June start, I would definitely start in the north. Cami Catalán is another option, Baztán or Vasco would be good too. Salvador and Primitivo is another great option, but it would be less than 4 weeks. Lots of choices, lucky you.

Buen camino, Laurie

RJM

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
A few times
Camino Portugues central route from Porto and then on to Finisterre after Santiago. Any extra time you have left over you can bus or train to somewhere on the Frances and do a portion of it.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2017
Primitivo 2018
Finisterre/Muxía 2018
Norte 2019
I am considering the Olvidado/Invierno combination this June. If you want to escape the heat of the plains in June, a more mountainous camino like the Olvidado or Primitivo could be a good choice.
Thanks @jungleboy
That sounds like the perfect combination.
Oh the excitement of planning another Camino , something friends and family don’t really understand.

Camino(s) past & future
Frances 2017
Primitivo 2018
Finisterre/Muxía 2018
Norte 2019
Ok Boomer. :p

Welcome to the forum.

Olvidado/Invierno would be a terrific June combination. With a June start, I would definitely start in the north. Cami Catalán is another option, Baztán or Vasco would be good too. Salvador and Primitivo is another great option, but it would be less than 4 weeks. Lots of choices, lucky you.

Buen camino, Laurie
Thanks @peregrina2000
Lots of different routes for me to consider

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock