• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

which direction?

wendy busch

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino France's 2012
Camino de Santiago and camino Finesterre 2013
Camino Frances and camino Portuguese 2014
(2016 Camino de Santiago and camino Ingles and Camino Primitivo.)
I am walking St John to Santiago first then the camino Ingles. So can Camino Ingles be walked from santiago or are the arrows hard to find that way? If so can anyone suggest what public transport I must take to get from Santiago to Ferrol.
Thanks everyone.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
I cerainly wouldn't want to walk it in reverse, due to seeing no arrows until you walk PAST the junction: but each to hs/her own ;).
Wendy - you can see my diary and pictures - links on my web - where I walked both caminos Ingleses - one from A Coruna, the other from Ferrol.
Good luck, whatever you decide to do!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Ok so I now know which way to walk the Camino Ingles. Thanks everyone.
My next question.......if I wish to walk both arms of it from A Coruna and from Ferrol,
- which arm should I do first,
- and is there public transport that is more direct than having to go all the way back to santiago then all the way out to the other branch of the camino?

Yes, you can walk from Coruna to Bruma (33k), then catch a bus in Meson do Vento (2km from Bruma) to Ferrol to walk the 100+ km from there to Santiago. The La Voz de Galicia site has a nice guide in English. It calls the Coruna - Bruma arm "Stage 4", but I think most find it makes more sense to do it as Stage 1.

http://caminodesantiago.lavozdegalicia.com/en/camino/english/

The two sided marker where the two arms meet:
IMG_3965.JPG IMG_3964.JPG

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Ok so I now know which way to walk the Camino Ingles. Thanks everyone.
My next question.......if I wish to walk both arms of it from A Coruna and from Ferrol,
- which arm should I do first,
- and is there public transport that is more direct than having to go all the way back to santiago then all the way out to the other branch of the camino?

Hi Wendy,

You can use public transport to combine the two arms of the Ingles - this is what @Stephen Nicholls did. You can see his blog in post #3 above.

Of course, Johnnie Walker's guide is invaluable and extremely detailed! Thanks for the link. Just downloaded the current version. The elevation maps are very helpful!

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hope you enjoy Galicia. Yes, it is easy to walk from north to south on Camino Ingles. I'm told the staff in tourist information in Santiago discourage walking in opposite direction and while it is possible, I suggest you take this advice. Bus from Santiago to Ferrol costs less than€11

Buen Camino.

I have the Johnnie Walker guide. excellent . Thanking you.
My next question....where can i download a street map to get me from bus station to start of camino Ingles in ferrol and in A Coruna? I used Mapmywalk for ferrol but it is not alltogether satisfactory.

Googlemaps may be suitable for you particularly if you can view on large screen.

If you wish to begin at "the starting marker", from estacion de autobuses in Ferrol make your way to Rua Real and walk the entire length of this towards the marina. You will, eventually, pass the Parador hotel on your left. From here you are now walking the Camino in reverse to the marina, but it will be easier to ask for directions to waterfront / marina.
At this time of year the small tourist office booth opposite starting point will be closed. The main tourist office is in town ( perhaps way back near start of Rua Real ). You could get your first sello in the Parador.

I think the bus makes a stop in town before the bus station so perhaps you could ask driver or passengers if this stop would be suitable.

Buen Camino.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

On one of the FB forums, someone asked about detouring to Fragas do Eume, just outside of Pontedeume, and it looks amazing. Since I'm splitting up Ferrol - Pontedeume into two days (taking the...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...
Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back