• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Which route

I could walk on the Camino for a couple of weeks end of March /early May and would like any advice on where to start . I am in the UK and intend use a flight but could do any part. I have thought of the Ingles and the Finisterre (I have particular wish to go there as my father skippered both the Cape Finisterre and the Cape Portland fishing vessels out of Hull, Yorks, and I walked to Portland Bill last year) I do want to finish in Santiago and have thought also some of the Portugese route would be fine but I am open to other suggestions. The programme is a bit early and I have an eye on the weather conditions.
I would prefer to camp but I know that is not that is really not an option. I avoid dorms if at all possible but could do single hotel rooms. If a route can be suggested a suitable guide book purchase would be appreciated.
I have walked considerably in the UK, US and in Europe. I will need to brush up my Spanish.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I walked from Porto to Santiago in late Apr last year, made it in 9 days, usually people take 10 to be on a safe side. Took a John Brierly guide, was happy with it. Weather is great this time. Accommodation on this route is plentyful so you could easily stay in single rooms. We didn't want to stay in Santiago when we reached it, just got our compostellas there and headed to Fisterra by bus. You could walk there in several days. From there walked to Muxia - the best decision ever, stayed overnight in Lires in between - the most amazing beach there, place of utter beaty and tranquility.

Most read last week in this forum

A piece from La Voz de Galicia commenting on the remarkable growth in numbers walking the Camino Portugues and especially the Coastal variant. The president of the local Amigos association...
Do I need to bring my own pillow & pillow case for albergues?
Hi, my husband and I want to stay at this monastery but we had to change our plans and are now only able to walk from Tui to Santiago, the minimum to get the Compostela. Does anyone know if this...
Greetings fellow pilgrims! I'm planning our journey from Porto to Vigo, beginning on Senda Litoral and eventually merging into the coastal route. Does anyone have recommendations a good place to...
Hi, Has anyone stayed in Armenteira recently? I’ve contacted Victor the Taxi to try and reserve a bunk at the Slbuergue de peregrinos. He told me to contact “ Albergue de San Ero de Armenteira”...
My friend is currently on the Camino Portuguese - a route that he has walked before and has now seen a number of markings as below. What does the Red Cross out signify?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back