A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Virtual Camino which virtual walking app??

Gumba

Camino(s) past & future
CF March 2018
CF Dec 2019/2020
Can you tell me which walking app you prefer and why?

- walking4fun.com
- worldwalking.com
- other

Thanks

Anik2001

Camino(s) past & future
Past: Camino Frances (2017), future: Frances again (2020)
I’m currently on walkingforfun and really like it. I haven’t tried any other. There are lots of pictures, maps showing the trail and a lot of choices of different trails.

Sue127

Camino(s) past & future
French Camino in 2020
I have only tried walking4fun. This has been great fun and informative for someone waiting to start their first Camino. I have walked virtually from SJPP to Santiago, on to Muxor and I am Now 92% around the Tahoe Rim Trail. I’ve recommended this site to several friends but would love to read opinions on others.

Bala

Veteran member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances: SJPdP-Burgos, (2015); Burgos-Sarria (2018); Sarria-Santiago (2018).
Frances (2020)
I also only know Walking4Fun. A big part of the fun is that there are a handful of others from the forum walking the Francés as well and we periodically check in with one another on the Small Band of Trudgers thread.

Seeing the photos from each stage brings back so many memories for me when I walked in real life. Happy memories and sharing IRT keep me motivated to get out and walk. I like the maps that show where I am on the stage as well as on the Camino as a whole. And there's the extra little incentive to just keep going a bit longer or push on another mile or so when I see I'm close to a village I stayed in or the end of a stage. 😉

I'm just past Sarria now and when I get to Muxia/Finnester I plan to start Le Puy.

I'd also like to hear reviews on the other virtual apps.

Lise Z

Camino(s) past & future
Primitivo (August 2018)
I am using myvirtualmission.com - ‘the conqueror missions’ and enjoy it a lot. I am virtually walking the Frances and am just over halfway - just passed Sahagun. It is linked via Strava (there are other linking options too) and tracks my daily walking/running exercises. Everyday I check on their website to see how far I have walked, using streetview and clicking on the option to go over to Google Maps to look at the pictures of the towns which I have passed.
It is a fun activity to make up for the real camino which I was supposed to walk this June.

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock