• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Who didn’t???

A selection of Camino Jewellery
June, 7, 2012. Just looking at this makes me smile. I was so excited by the journey ahead. I had been planning my camino for so many years. I was living my dream. Everyday would be new...terrain, towns, food, scenery, people, new friends, freedom! Please post your foto and share your thoughts.
IMG_0475.JPG

June, 7, 2012. Just looking at this makes me smile. I was so excited by the journey ahead. I had been planning my camino for so many years. I was living my dream. Everyday would be new...terrain, towns, food, scenery, people, new friends, freedom! Please post your foto and share your thoughts.
View attachment 76886
I’ve started both my Caminos in Pamplona, your photo Inspires me to get mine taken at “the sign”. 2022!🚶🏽‍♀️☮️

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Me too.
Since Lockdown I hiked over 120km near my hometown / hometown of the parents-in-law (Thuringia, that is).

Camino-0033.jpg

How concerned I look, I didn't know what to expect.
In Roncesvalles I did not know, that this path leading me to SdC, will bring joy, laughter and fellow pilgrims to talk and walk to me.

Last edited:
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
@Caligal Where do you plan to start in 2022? Just a little further East and you’ll see “the sign”!🚶🏻‍♀️

@Juspassinthrough You look so content, like you have already walked that distance, ta da! 🎉

@Roland49 Are you walking one of the trails on the walking4fun.com site? If you were logging your steps on the CF you‘d be nearing Logroña. Check it out, it’s fun. 😁

Hi @Saint Mike II, for some reason I can’t see your entire foto when I tap on the thumbnail. I just see the top third. 🤨
Any thoughts on how you were feeling that day?

Last edited:
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Guilty x3 ;)

Attachments

• 2015-05-13 38.jpeg
    2015-05-13 38.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 2016-05-08 38.jpeg
    2016-05-08 38.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5373.jpeg
    IMG_5373.jpeg
    138.8 KB · Views: 52
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
View attachment 76886
I’ve passed by on my virtual Camino, so looking forward to the real walk.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hi @Saint Mike II, for some reason I can’t see your entire foto when I tap on the thumbnail. I just see the top third. 🤨
Any thoughts on how you were feeling that day?

Hola - what you see is all there is. If I recall correctly it was starting to rain and I took this snap and then hurried back inside to wait for the taxi to take me to Haizea Albergue at Espinal. Roncesvalles was either full or there was a 90 min wait to get a bed. I was not prepared to wait.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
So many fun pictures all along the Camino. This sign one is iconic.

Attachments

• 7C56AB75-915E-44D4-AAB5-A6CDFC4A84AE.jpeg
    7C56AB75-915E-44D4-AAB5-A6CDFC4A84AE.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 14
  • D0B3CFDD-6C49-4772-BB7C-DBA5D49DF40F.jpeg
    D0B3CFDD-6C49-4772-BB7C-DBA5D49DF40F.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 16
€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Hola all, regarding the "snail" on the Santiago sign. I have gone back to my May 2017 photo and whilst there is something in the bottom right hand corner I cannot enlarge is further to confirm or otherwise identify our little friend. Thanks for pointing it out,. Cheers

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Hola all, regarding the "snail" on the Santiago sign. I have gone back to my May 2017 photo and whilst there is something in the bottom right hand corner I cannot enlarge is further to confirm or otherwise identify our little friend. Thanks for pointing it out,. Cheers
Mine was taken October 2015. No snail. 🐌

I didn't know it was iconic.... I took my "starting selfie" a bit further back. But there it is.
I can't resist adding my "final selfie" as well...

Attachments

• IMG_20170823_080436resized.jpg
    IMG_20170823_080436resized.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20170915_125349cropped.jpg
    IMG_20170915_125349cropped.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 13
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I think that many people don't realise that that is a traffic sign, i.e. it tells motorists how many kilometres it is to Santiago de Compostela by car. It is not the same as the distance you will walk on the Camino Francés. There is not a lot of difference, but it's not the same. It is impossible to say how far it is by the Camino to Santiago from Roncesvalles because there are so many alternativos or complementarios on the way. I suppose you could say the same for the journey by road, but presumably 790 km is by the shortest route.

OK, fell for it.

Attachments

• 8A473F7A-B7D2-482E-A05F-096A262084FD.jpeg
    8A473F7A-B7D2-482E-A05F-096A262084FD.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 14

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back