• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Who else is up for an October stroll ??

tashgonewalkabout

Time of past OR future Camino
Hoping to head out on the Norte, early Oct '14
Hello folks - new to the forum (and am loving it - thank you to all those who share their advice and tips). I'm hoping to head out on the Camino Norte at the end of September/beginning of October. I know the weather is going to be wet at times :) - but I'm just wondering if there's still enough people about that evenings in the auberges can still be social?
I'm more than happy to be alone much of the time, but I'm not a hermit and do enjoy a chat and sharing time with others too.
Thanks in advance.

The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Hi everyone, this is my first post ever. We are a couple planning to begin our first camino in Irun next week. The links above are great but my Spanish is very basic . Are there ways to translate it or are the links in English with similar information.? Kindest regards and thanks for all tips offerred. We are the type of camino walkers who are a little unprepared compared to others here and hope to get it sorted as we go. That said we have been travelling in Central and Sth America the past 7 months so need to store or on send our excess gear from Irun to Santiago de Compostella our planned end point in the a month or so. Thanks ahain for any assistance.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Hi Karen - I think you may have posted in slightly the wrong spot - as your post appears in answer (as such) to a different post which I put up. I'm sure someone must have put up an alternative in English - but you'd have to search through previous threads/strains of the forum. But - when I get stuck for a translation, I copy the words and then paste them into Google Translate - which is free to use and you don't need to download anything - just open it in a new window.
Hope this might help a little, and I meet meet you down the track :) Tash

It's just a thought right now, because some of my ducks need to get in a row, but if I do go, I would probably start on the 1st of October. Flying out of Indiana on the 28th or 29th of Sept. Definitely want to be semi-social, but not have too much competition for a place to sleep! Especially as the major opposition I have heard from friends is "you're going alone!?!" :)

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hello Aerdna , I get that a lot from people , too :) good to hear from someone else starting at the same time - hopefully we'll meet up enroute. Looks like I'll be arriving in Irun in the afternoon of the first - but might stay there a couple of nights because I have thirty something hours of flights and transittting to get there - and would rather take the time to shake off the jet lag.

Last edited:
It's just a thought right now, because some of my ducks need to get in a row, but if I do go, I would probably start on the 1st of October. Flying out of Indiana on the 28th or 29th of Sept. Definitely want to be semi-social, but not have too much competition for a place to sleep! Especially as the major opposition I have heard from friends is "you're going alone!?!" :)

Hola

Ducks on a row?...
Never heard that before and the image I get is that you still have some work to do :)
Or.. you actually live on a farm and for unknown reason to me, your ducks needs to get in a row...
Anyhow.
Have a great walk and there will be plenty of pilgrims on route.

Buen Camino
Lettinggo

Never heard that before and the image I get is that you still have some work to do :)
Or.. you actually live on a farm and for unknown reason to me, your ducks needs to get in a row...

have your ducks in a row also get your ducks in a row
to organize things well

I thought Mike was extremely smart and always had his ducks in a row.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
have your ducks in a row also get your ducks in a row
to organize things well

I thought Mike was extremely smart and always had his ducks in a row.

Yup, still need to see if a few more things will fall into place. Definitely learning a lot from these forums. Been lurking for months, but just joined recently.

And I'm in! Flight gets to Madrid on Sept 30 and probably stay there 1 night so as to be able to take the train/bus in the daytime to Hendaye/Irun (details obviously not worked out yet, but I do have my flight!). So getting to Irun on the 1st also - most likely walking across the bridge from Hendaye, just because it will be neat to cross the international border on foot. I am grateful for a link on another thread about the hiking poles, because I will need to get those that day as well, before starting out for good on the 2nd. Super excited, but also can't believe I'm doing this!

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
That's great Aerdna, such an awesome feeling to have the tickets booked and just a few days to wait :). I finally got my tickets sorted too - looks like I'll be jetlagged for at least a couple of days - flying Australia - Singapore - Thailand - Norway - Madrid - then train to Irun, but was by far the cheapest option. I arrive (if my ducks behave :) ) in Irun on the afternoon of the first, so I'll probably see you somewhere around - between an albergue and Decathlon perhaps :)

Most read last week in this forum

I use Alltrails a lot here in the US, in Iceland, on the Via Podiensis and a bit on the CF. Will it be useful on the Norte? For example, people here say the "warm up" from Biarritz to Irun (or...
Last May I walked the first part of the Norte in the opposite direction, from Santander to Irun. Since I only had two weeks and couldn't reach Santiago anyway, I wanted to swim against the tide...
Tomorrow I fly to Bilbao to start my 5th stint on the Camino. I did the Frances in three parts (2016, 2017 and 2022). Last year I did the Portuguese from Porto. I did the first 200 km of the...
I thought I had this all figured out, but I have ended up with 2 train tickets from San Sebastian (I don't even know if it's the airport or the town) to Irun, instead of ONE that goes all the way...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back