• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Who else is walking late June through July?

Raqdoll

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances (2019)
Hello! My husband and I will start from SJPDP the last week of June, is anyone else planning on that time frame? Any tips or advice for walking in July?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hello! My husband and I will start from SJPDP the last week of June, is anyone else planning on that time frame? Any tips or advice for walking in July?
Many will walk (Judy, John, Martha, James, Steven, Ann,...) to answer the question in the title of your post. My wild gues is about 50.000 at least will claim Compostela in July.

Buen Camino!

Many will walk (Judy, John, Martha, James, Steven, Ann,...) to answer the question in the title of your post. My wild gues is about 50.000 at least will claim Compostela in July.

Buen Camino!
Kinky, that would be 50,000 walkers minus one = 49,999! The "one" would be me! I totally dislike...no absolutely hate, walking in the heat! 😛

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
i will be

My sister and I will be arriving on the 28th June at SJPP, hopefully our paths will cross.

I’m partial to early starts... but I also don’t mind the heat.

Arriving at SJPDP on June 20th. Begin on the 21st.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
We're arriving in SJPDP on the 23rd and starting on the 24th. I desperately tried to avoid starting on a Monday...darnit. Alas.

We're arriving in SJPDP on the 23rd and starting on the 24th. I desperately tried to avoid starting on a Monday...darnit. Alas.
Be happy! That puts you behind the wave that travelled on Saturday; started on Sunday. You'll catch up with some as the miles unfold, especially the ones that start too fast (easily recognized 'cos they're the ones sitting out an injury 5 days down the trail) but you have a chance of walking all the way down the Way meeting Hospi's and Hoteliers who'll tell you "It's quiet tonight". ;)

Exactly as the @Tincatinker posted. Spanish start on Fridays, Europeans on Saturdays and most of the overseas pilgrims on Sundays. Result of starting on Monday will most likely be that you won't end in a (weekend) bubble of pilgrims and therefore much less need for booking accommodation in advance.
Also until you'll get through the week to Sunday when a lot of business (shops) are closed you'll already get the feel how things are working out on Camino. It'll be easier for you!

Buen Camino!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
My advice is simple. If you are using the John Brierley book try to stay away from the towns on the top and bottom of each page. They tend to be very busy. Aim for the middle of each page. Less facilities but often more 'Camino'. It might be a bit late now but, try booking Orrision for your first night. Otherwise it is a long and very difficult day going from St Jean PdP to Roncesvalles. Do not have a shower in the mornings as this will soften the skin on your feet and cause blisters. When you stop for coffee always take off your boots and socks to let your feet cool down. Don't ware headphones -- listen to the silence and the sound of your feet. Remember there are no answers on the Camino only questions. Buen Camino

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Hi. I'll arrive in SJPP on the 28th of June and start the Camino next day 😉
Buen Camino

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I'll fly to Biarritz on 30th June and start my Camino francès on the 1st July.
Ending on 30th of July in SdC (I hope so).

Buen Camino
Roland

My 14 year old daughter and I will be arriving on in SJPP on June 29th and will begin walking on the 30th. We will be spending our first night in Orisson.

My 14 year old daughter and I will be arriving on in SJPP on June 29th and will begin walking on the 30th. We will be spending our first night in Orisson.

Maybe we will meet, b/c I will walk straight on to Roncesvalles on my first day.

Buen Camino!
Roland

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Buen camino! I walked end of June through July in 2017 from SJPdP. You will have a chance to get used to the heat as you start off in cooler climes and then it gets hotter as you go further into Spain. When it starts getting really hot, start earlier - we even set off in the dark a couple of times when we wanted to walk longer distances. Use the afternoons and evenings to rest. I am a pilly-wally Brit and I hate heat but I managed it and even loved it. Enjoy!

Me. Planning to start in a day or two or three when this rain ends. When will you begin your journey? Buen Camino.

Maybe we will meet, b/c I will walk straight on to Roncesvalles on my first day.

Buen Camino!
Roland

Buen Camino!
Roland
We are slow walkers so say hi as you pass us by. We couldn't get a room at the Albergue in Roncesvalles so will be staying Burguete on July 1st.
Roxanne
Buen Camino!

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
We’re on the train to SJPDP now. Start the Camino tomorrow- hoping to hear back from Orisson that we have beds, but not holding out much hope of that. It is what it is. No reservations at SJPDP either, we’ll see how much that bites us in the arse LOL.

You’ll know it’s us on the path by our Dead & Company water bottles - and my husband will always be asking about vegan friendly options for food. If I can find an Albuquerque that will let me use their oven, I’ll be the one baking bread.

My friend and I are doing the same! We'll see you in Orisson if not on the way before :) Buen Camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Hi. I am starting from Pamplona on the 3rd July. I’m skipping the Pyrenees as have a leg injury. I am only going to be walking around 7-10 miles a day till I get acclimated to the walking. So you may very well catch me up 😊

A selection of Camino Jewellery
This week has been and will continue to be HOT! It’s in the neighborhood of 30 Celsius. We’re delaying a little bit this morning to mail some of our heavier clothing back home.

So far, really grateful we brought silk bag liners and small camp blankets. Wish I had a pillowcase though.

Glad we’re only walking to Orisson today. Four hours and straight up!

Three Amigoes starting from Longorono on Wednesday 3rd July,hope not tooooo hot☀️☀️☀️

This week has been and will continue to be HOT! It’s in the neighborhood of 30 Celsius. We’re delaying a little bit this morning to mail some of our heavier clothing back home.

So far, really grateful we brought silk bag liners and small camp blankets. Wish I had a pillowcase though.

Glad we’re only walking to Orisson today. Four hours and straight up!

Thanks for the update, have a Buen Camino and try and stay at Albergue Verde in hospital orbigo, imo the best vegetarian albergue on trail and one of the most impressionable experiences I had last year.

I’ll keep an eye out for your water bottles, and a nose up for your bread

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
So far (Orisson), no crowds. Really happy we decided to split the first stage into two days. The refuge here is nice.

Most read last week in this forum

When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...
A local Navarra website has posted a set of photos showing today's snowfall in the area around Roncesvalles. About 15cm of snow fell this morning surprising pilgrims on the way...
Hi! I’m a first time pilgrim. Is it possible to take a taxi from Astorga to Foncebadon? Thanks, Felicia
I have been planning to return and rejoin the path from Leon next week. ( Main route) I am wondering whether it might be better to wait until later in April to rejoin the path, my hope is to...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back