• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Who is on the Via De La Plata from mid-September to end Octo

Fransa

Anyone planning to start VDLP in mid-September and starting from Sevilla? A friend and I plan to start on Sunday 16 in Sevilla. She has to go back home when we reach Caceres, but I will carry on from there on my own, until another friend joins in mid-October.

Just wanted to know that I won't be completely alone;-)

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
I will be on the VDLP from approximately Oct 8. You will be far ahead of me , I think. I will reach Merida at that time ( from Granada ) and then continue on to Santiago via The Sanabres.

Buen Camino.

Sandra.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Buen camino to all Vdlp-ers heading out this fall. I walked from Sevilla in May 2010 -- having the cities of Merida, Caceres, Salamanca, Zamora, and Ourense for stops makes it tempting to dawdle, because they are chock full of interest and not too full of tourists. Hope the weather gods are good to you, September in Andalucia can be quite hot still, as you are all probably well aware.

Sandra, I'm hoping to start in Granada on my next Vdlp and wonder if you would keep us posted on how you find the route. And to all of you, keep in touch! Buen camino, Laurie

Hi All.

I will be starting from Sevilla on Sept. 27, ending in Caceres on Oct. 5. I'll be walking far each day (I only have a little time), so maybe I'll catch up with some of you.

Melanie

Hi All,

I leave Australia on Friday ( Sept 14 ), but have a few days in Granada to recover from jet lag. Along the trail to Santiago I hope to access the occasional internet , and if I can decipher the keyboard ( I am not technological), I will post on " Alive from the Camino " . If this is not possible I will certainly post when I return.

Buen Camino to all other pilgrims who are on the trail.

Sandra.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
So excited for you Sandra. I will be with you in spirit. Hope you have an amazing camino do keep in touch. May all the angels be with you.
Buen Camino
Heather

Hi, grilly, I think if I were going to walk the Vdlp in any time other than spring, I'd pick October like you have. I think you are likely to have missed most of the unbearable heat, and hopefully none of the dreary Galician rainy winters will have started by the time you get up there. Can't wait to hear from all of you guys about the Vdlp in the late summer or fall. I'm enjoying the blog of the forum member who's there now:

http://theperegrinosprogress.blogspot.com/

With pictures, no less! As a technological idiot, I can never figure out how to get pictures posted on my blog from my camera. :|

Buen camino, Laurie

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Wishing all of you VdlP pilgrims a great Camino. Looking forward to following your travels as I won't be back on the VdlP until next summer - the plan is to finish from Zamora.

Grilly - hope that your knee holds out!

Buen Camino a todos!

Grilly - hope that your knee holds out!

I'm working on it. Or rather, it's working on me... Good for the soul :)
How did your time in Grañon turn out? Was it as great (and exhausting) as you thought and I hoped for you?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Good to hear Grilly :D .

On my end all is well. My experience in Grañón was exactly what I needed. I am so grateful to my lovely fellow hospitaleros, the amazing group of pelegrinos that were sent our way and to Jesús the town priest. It is such a special place and when you combine that with special people, well you just can't go wrong. Hard work yes, but what I received in return...words fail me. And after my 2 weeks in Grañon I walked from Burgos to Bercianos. Being able to do that given the past year was a real present.

Wishing you both well and hope to follow your progress.

Un abrazo,
LT

Hey Peregrinas and Peregrinos,

will arrive Seville on 22nd Sept.late around 22:00 and start the camino on 23rd or 24th :p

Anyone there the same time :?:

Some hints for a cheap hotel in Seville :idea:

Anyway, see you in Guillena then..... :arrow:

BUEN CAMINO :eek:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Hi, Knip,

Unfortunately I won't be anywhere near Sevilla for a long time, but I am enjoying hearing about the lucky forum members who are on the Vdlp now.

To anwer your questions, I think many pilgrims stay at the Sevilla backpackers hostal. http://sevillabackpackers.es/ I've never stayed there myself, but if you search on the forum I think you'll find lots of satisfied customers.

I have started from Sevilla twice and stayed in the Hotel Simon, http://www.hotelsimonsevilla.com/index. ... e&Itemid=1
It's a basic, clean place. Prices in Sevilla are pretty high, compared to many other Spanish cities, so a private room in the 40-50 range is pretty good. Great location, too.

Buen camino to you, Laurie

We stayed at the Hotel Simon as well and enjoyed it. They have a special price for pilgrims as well as the creancial.
Staying at the other place would enable you to meet pilgrims just starting the VDLP like you and that could be nice too.
Buen Camino!

I can highly recommend Triana Backpackers Hostel (don't know Laurie if you meant this one):

http://http://english.trianabackpackers.com/hostel-seville

It is located right over the River Guadalquivir almost right off the Camino. In 2011 I paid E12.00 which included breakfast. The rooms/bathrooms are clean, there is wifi and airco which I appreciated in July! Although not specific for pilgrims many do stay here due to price and proximity to the Camino.

When I got off the bus from the airport I walked directly to the Cathedral as it is here that you will find your first Shell waymarker. I then made the short walk to the Hostel. I had difficulty finding arrows but when I returned to the Cathedral in the evening and retraced my steps I miraculously saw double the amount of arrows. I guess that my eyes had to "adjust" to arrow searching.

Buen Camino to all! The Via de la Plata is a great experience but don't expect it to be anything like the Francés!

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Hey friends,

thank you so much for your hints :D
It's my 2nd Via de la Plata, first one I did in May 2011.
But that time I stayed in a hotel in Seville, this time I am going
for cheaper, so I will book the Seville backpackers this time :wink:

Anyway, if there are fellow peregrinos/as starting that weekend, please let me know

regards from the Baltic Sea
Jürgen

Anyone planning to start VDLP in mid-September and starting from Sevilla? A friend and I plan to start on Sunday 16 in Sevilla. She has to go back home when we reach Caceres, but I will carry on from there on my own, until another friend joins in mid-October.

Just wanted to know that I won't be completely alone;-)
I plan on walking from Seville in September but haven’t made a specific time yet.
Maybe we’ll run into each other.

Most read last week in this forum

I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back