• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Who Knows - hotel near Cathedral in Sevilla?

COLT

Time of past OR future Camino
St.Francis
Hello All,
Leaving Canada a week from today and still planning to leave for Seville on or about the 4th of Jan from London.
If I wanted to stay at a budget inn/hotel,instead of a hostel, near the Cathedral can anyone recommend?
I'm happy I will be able to do some more training in Devon before I head out which is a good thing as not much training time lately.
I am definitely getting excited about the journey now as one never knows how it will all play out.
Buen Camino

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I have stayed twice at Hostal Paco’s on Calle Gravina. A little family owned place, very basic but fun and convenient, with amenities close by. It is only 10 mins walk to the Cathedral through the old town, and Plaza de Armas is just around the corner.

I booked the Nomad Hostal which is also not far from the Cathédrale

Hotel Simon has been recommended by quite a few people on the VdlP forum in the past. %0 metres from the cathedral?

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Hello All,
Leaving Canada a week from today and still planning to leave for Seville on or about the 4th of Jan from London.
If I wanted to stay at a budget inn/hotel,instead of a hostel, near the Cathedral can anyone recommend?
I'm happy I will be able to do some more training in Devon before I head out which is a good thing as not much training time lately.
I am definitely getting excited about the journey now as one never knows how it will all play out.
Buen Camino
Can't get closer to the Cathedral than Cathedral Boutique in Avenida de La Constitucion. We stayed there 4 years ago and it was better than basic and really good value for money. Buen Camino. Remember 5th and 6th January are public holidays.

I stayed at the Triana hostel. It’s not far from the cathedral and the Camino is at the end of the street

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I stayed at Hotel Goya. Near Cathedral and delicious bakery next door for Nata. Reasonable. Can check it out on booking.com.

Hello All,
Buen Camino
Hello COLT. I land in Seville on January the 12th to start the VdlP, and so will be a week or so behind you. Like @Karin309, I reserved the Nomad Hostel.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hello All,
Buen Camino
stayed at Da Vinci Boutique right across from the cathedral. Aug 2021, cost for 2 nights was 118 Euros. Location was perfect.

Hotel Simon is popular with pilgrims. Just a couple of minutes from the cathedral. Someone posted a link above.

Hotel Alcantara is good. If you don’t stay there do consider the Flamenco performances in the adjoined courtyard. Really top-class authentic performers who change daily.

Wherever I stay my evenings are usually spent in the Bodega Santa Cruz (Las Tres Columnas). It looks a bit mad from the outside; but persist. Try the pringa.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I stayed at the very pleasant Triana Hostel in Sevilla before biking the VDLP. It’s just a few minutes walk across the bridge to the cathedral. Triana is a charming part of town to say in and just a few steps off the Camino. I wouldn’t hesitate staying here again in either a private or a shared room. Buen Camino!

Hotel Abanico, Seville, ten minutes from the Cathedral which serves breakfast.

Hello COLT. I land in Seville on January the 12th to start the VdlP, and so will be a week or so behind you. Like @Karin309, I reserved the Nomad Hostel.
Hi Karin,
Hotel Simon has been recommended by quite a few people on the VdlP forum in the past. %0 metres from the cathedral?

🙏

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello, First time posting but as Google hasn't been helpful I was hoping others here might be able to help with an odd query. I am considering the Via de la Plata from Seville via Sanabres as my...
I am posting daily blog style updates on Facebook that anyone can see and follow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.8095032397178476&type=3 There are also video format stories visible on...
Hey folks. I started the Mozarabe from Almeria and took time out in Salamanca to do a 3 week Spanish course in USAL. The course was fine. 4 hours a day. For the first week we had an excellent...
Y’all, one week from today I get on the plane to fly to Sevilla. Growing anxiety. I will start El Camino on April 6. I hope to report progress here and continue to look for advice. How does...
Does anybody have any good ideas about secure carparking whilst doing the Vía de la Plata from Sevilla to Merida please?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back