• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Who...

William Garza

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances, The Jakobsweg
Who are we?
Out there were mindless hive minded swarm moving eternally west..particles in a wave of humanity unbound.
Are we the fortunate ones? captured-enslaved-enraptured by wanderlust..doomed and blessed to wander the deep places where the soul rejoices among kindred.

What we are IRL isnt as important to the moment as who we become amongst ourselves.
Out here..in the real..we become what we truly desire.
Rubbing elbows at tables between king and pauper
Snoring beside the humbled and exaulted,smelling their feet across the room and hoping to yours are beflowered and bereft of eye stinging vapors....

I found myself a prisoner of my desires early
A product of the boundless optimism of the 60s and seventies...to be out..deeply and fully among the empty..finding that at the edge if stars, the big empty is really the Pied de Port...the stars get in the way of how fast you want to go in the deep dive .

But the intersteller...the deep black bottomless-formless abyss, is simply the shore to perfect freedom. Out here, freedom is a fearsome thing
To let go and step off onto the path... demarcation between
Them
And us...

Who are we to desire the empty spaces?
We fill the spaces between the earth and eternity with our wanderings
Are we an idea made flesh and breathed into form by desire?
This is why strangers smile deep into the miles i think..we are..being.

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
What are we ? Where do we come from ? Where are we going ?
Questions some of us ask ourselves in our lifetime in order to make sense or meaning of it all -also the title of a famous painting by Paul Gauguin . The Camino de Santiago is a good place to ponder these deep questions.

Attachments

• 5B40D04C-5E97-4A10-A779-5891A83AA7BD.png
    5B40D04C-5E97-4A10-A779-5891A83AA7BD.png
    349.5 KB · Views: 14
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Its a beautiful painting! My question is more what is the underlying drive to go?and who we are when we are going.
Wanderers
Travelers
Pilgrims
Lost...or found when we are out-there
I am happiest "out there" which begs the question of why i cant be who i am out there at home.
I have answered that to myself but its a mystery as to why someone is content staying a mile from home..when others are content anywhere?

And why there seems to be an institutional bias against those who have stepped out passed the immediate horizon?
Ide rather be in the company of you folks who have passed beyond the tree line as it may..amd gone down the road a ways.

Someone wrote the phrase "lost horizons"
I have left many Horizons behind never to return.

Forgotten many more until the memory sweetly comes unbidden and brings the missing feelings.

If i try, i can fill in the gaps with imagination and forgetting the hardships, surround myself with a golden haze.

I started walking before 9 months and the wanderlust never left, maybe thats why i feel kindreds among the forum members..and why it calls so hard as to bring a lump to the throat

Maybe its a fix?
A cure for what is ..what?
Broken?
Missing?
A necessity?

A prayer of thankfullness.....?
A benediction

Who are we??? To be drawn out to out there?
Its a happy question best answered by those who have been there
Answered under stars and a candle and a bottle for veritas

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
Did it make a difference in your short term, long term and lifetime? Did it change your soul..or chain it forevermore to some dusty track in Spain Are you in the ever present because of it, or...
One way or another, you need to see this movie! We were lucky enough this evening to attend the 'World Premiere' that was followed by a Q&A Session with: Writer / Director / Producer - Bill...
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back