Search over 55.000 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Who'da thought it

Paladina

old woman of the roads
Camino(s) past & future
CF, primitivo & del norte (2017); VdlP/Sanabres, ingles etc (2018), Mozarabe etc (2019), tbc (2020)
I never thought I'd miss the days when most of the posts were about poles in hand luggage 😩
Fingers crossed we're back there soon.
Hugs
Andy
x
Oh dear, hugs are not allowed any more, and hand-washing rules don’t permit crossed fingers. Try again!

Paladina

old woman of the roads
Camino(s) past & future
CF, primitivo & del norte (2017); VdlP/Sanabres, ingles etc (2018), Mozarabe etc (2019), tbc (2020)
Hugs are going to be the last thing on my mind whenever I'll find a Pole in my hand luggage...
Well, I suppose poles are useful for keeping people at arm's length. Now our objections are justified: 'I wouldn't touch him/her with a [trekking] pole'!

Camino(s) past & future
Frances(2006) Portugues(2013)
San Salvador (2017) Ingles (2019)
Well, I suppose poles are useful for keeping people at arm's length. Now our objections are justified: 'I wouldn't touch him/her with a [trekking] pole'!
Paladina, that word trekking... rhymes with a corruption of a bad word that is fairly common on the Emerald Isle!
Happy post-the-quietest-ever-St Patrick's Day in modern memory.
49ADBF9F-8814-4802-94C6-AEAC37E3A93E_1_201_a.jpeg

Camino(s) past & future
2013.2014..SJ/SDC ....2015.PORTO/SDC..2017.18.19.20.BURGOS/P.FERRADA
Paladina, that word trekking... rhymes with a corruption of a bad word that is fairly common on the Emerald Isle!
View attachment 71189
Unexpected surprise on St Patrick's for this emigrant Irishman,a near neighbour called and told us(over70's) that they will do any shopping we need if we are isolating,and then later two schoolgirl sisters ,(3 doors. down)called with a gift of eggs as they have started to keep chickens.Liverpool..we love you.

Icacos

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013)
View attachment 71189
Oh dear @kirkie. Something here is going to stick. I’ll be thinking of you every time I reach for my trekking poles. 🙃🙃😊

Bob from L.A. !

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Francis 2012, 2014, 2016. Camino Norte 2018. Many more to come in my future God willing !
I never thought I'd miss the days when most of the posts were about poles in hand luggage 😩
Fingers crossed we're back there soon.
Hugs
Andy
x
What we need now is a little more Andy...
Andy, you and your sense of humor are always welcomed here. Your posting was timed perfectly ! Thanks !

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 56 4.3%
  • April

Votes: 197 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 327 24.9%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.2%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 28.9%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.0%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock