• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

WHOOP WHOOP! Bought my tickets for March

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
I was blown away to find round trip tickets from Los Angeles to Madrid for $402 !!!!
Couldn't pass THAT up!
So I just bought two tickets for Joe and I to fly in March 4 and fly out April 15.
I hope that means we will spend Semana Santa in Segovia, at least for the last weekend.
We'll be staying in albergues, though have booked several private rooms in the mix.
I've already booked a room in Segovia (almost sold out!), in Pamplona, and in Madrid.

I'm walking more for my health than any other reason, so our plan for now is just to saunter from Pamplona to Sahagun, then backwards down the Camino Madrid.
I'm pretty darned excited!
Hope to see some of you on the Camino!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I was blown away to find round trip tickets from Los Angeles to Madrid for $402 !!!!
Couldn't pass THAT up!
So I just bought two tickets for Joe and I to fly in March 4 and fly out April 15.
I hope that means we will spend Semana Santa in Segovia, at least for the last weekend.
We'll be staying in albergues, though have booked several private rooms in the mix.
I've already booked a room in Segovia (almost sold out!), in Pamplona, and in Madrid.

I'm walking more for my health than any other reason, so our plan for now is just to saunter from Pamplona to Sahagun, then backwards down the Camino Madrid.

Carpe diem.

Semena Santa is a very special time in many parts of Spain.

‘Saunter’ is a favourite word of mine, as is ‘trundle’. (Like sauntering, but with more of a rolling gait).

A selection of Camino Jewellery
The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Couldn't pass THAT up!

Which airline? Thanks.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I'm going back in mid March and will be on the camino Frances during holy week. I'd be grateful for any advice on how to manage that. I'm worried there will be nothing open and no food...

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
I'm going back in mid March and will be on the camino Frances during holy week. I'd be grateful for any advice on how to manage that. I'm worried there will be nothing open and no food...

I've booked every night for Holy Week and I suggest you do the same. Soon.
Places were filling up.

Ugh. I guess I better get my schedule nailed down then so I know where to book. I had it all planned out but its only been 24 hours since my dates changed. I think I'll be near Astorga. Is that a decent place to be for Easter? And do people still walk on Easter Sunday and check in ,or do they stop on Holy Saturday and then just stay in town for Sunday? Will there be any restaurants open? Can I walk on Easter Monday?

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Ugh. I guess I better get my schedule nailed down then so I know where to book. I had it all planned out but its only been 24 hours since my dates changed. I think I'll be near Astorga. Is that a decent place to be for Easter? And do people still walk on Easter Sunday and check in ,or do they stop on Holy Saturday and then just stay in town for Sunday? Will there be any restaurants open? Can I walk on Easter Monday?
The last time I did a Camino over Holy Week was thirty years ago. I suspect my experience then won't quite hold true today.

I've walked Holy Week before. People still do walk, but some albergues who take "other" people, not just pilgrims, will be full of relatives of the villagers. Astorga should have beautiful processions. They have a wonderful albergue there, and for a second night you could get on booking.com NOW and book a room, or take your chances. I would not stay in San Javier there, as I've found bedbugs several times, and all the hospitalero did was shrug when I reported it. i don't know about restaurants. I'd probably be sure I had picnic food in my pack. You can walk any day you like. We will stay two nights in Segovia and two nights in Cercedilla for Holy Week, ending it in Madrid.

I've never booked in Holy week and have been fine three times on the Frances - and I don't participate in the pre-dawn bed race either. Though admittedly the last time I was able to walk at that time of the year was 2016. But still...tranquilo.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I've walked Holy Week before. People still do walk, but some albergues who take "other" people, not just pilgrims, will be full of relatives of the villagers. Astorga should have beautiful processions. They have a wonderful albergue there, and for a second night you could get on booking.com NOW and book a room, or take your chances. I would not stay in San Javier there, as I've found bedbugs several times, and all the hospitalero did was shrug when I reported it. i don't know about restaurants. I'd probably be sure I had picnic food in my pack. You can walk any day you like. We will stay two nights in Segovia and two nights in Cercedilla for Holy Week, ending it in Madrid.

Since I saw your earlier comment I've been online working out bookings. So far, so good, in case anyone else is looking. It hasn't been ideal, but there are still beds available. Thank you so so much for giving me a head's up!

Most read last week in this forum

My name is Henrik and I will be coming down to SJPdP from Sweden on March 26 and start walking on March 27. I don't really have any experience and I'm not the best at planning and I'm a little...
When I hiked the Frances Route this happened. I was hiking in the afternoon just east of Arzua. I was reserved a bed at an albergue in Arzua, so I had already hiked all the way from San Xulien...
I'd like some recommendations about where to find the most current and up to date information about albergues that are actually open. I'm currently walking the camino Frances, and I can't even...
I am finalizing my packing list for Frances, and do not want to over pack. (I am 71) I will be starting at SJPdP on April 25th to Roncesvalles and forward. I was hoping on some advise as to...
Today is March 21, 1024 If you’re starting El Francés around this time, be warned that quite a few stretches between Rabanal del Camino and Molinaseca are in pretty bad shape. Lots of mud, and...
First marker starting from Albergue Monasterio de la Magdalena in Sarria (113.460 km) Start: 2023.9.29 07:22 Arrival: 2023.9.30 13:18 walking time : 26 hours 47 minutes rest time : 3 hours 8...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back