• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Who's on the road at the moment?

TravellingSonn

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2008, Le Puy route (TBC)
Hi guys,

I'm hoping to live vicariously through pilgrims currently walking or recently walked this route. As some of you know I had to postpone my walk (for now). I would love to hear all about your experiences.

Thanks all.

Love, light and smiles,
Sonn
:)

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
TravellingSonn said:
Hi guys,

I'm hoping to live vicariously through pilgrims currently walking or recently walked this route. As some of you know I had to postpone my walk (for now). I would love to hear all about your experiences.

Thanks all.

Love, light and smiles,
Sonn

Sonn,

How nice it is to read a message from you!

I hope that your 'time out' is going well.

Perhaps you would enjoy reading this current blog by fellow Forum member Farmer John. http://www.pilgrimfarmerjohn.blogspot.fr/ John has been walking now for over three weeks following the Le Puy route and plans to continue directly to Santiago. His blog is a personal mix detailing good and bad weather, the pleasures of new pilgrim friendships and the special joys of camino serendipity; his photos of spring in the French countryside also are special. Enjoy!!

Keep up your good fight!

Margaret Meredith

Margaret and Lise, thank you so much for sharing these blogs with me. By reading people's experiences it helps raise my spirit and hopes. :)

Thanks again!
Sonn

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
I head out on Wednesday from Portland, Oregon, flying to Seattle, Heathrow, and finally Lyon, followed by a train to Le Puy. I'll walk from Le Puy to St Jean, then turn right and walk along the Pyrenees to Hendaye, and then transition to the Norte. Can't wait to get rolling.

Thanks to all for their advice on this board. Thanks to it, I've reserved beds for nearly every night (I would have winged it otherwise, and it sounds like I would have suffered the consequences), will follow the Cele River Valley detour, and just generally feel more prepared and excited. Thanks in particular to Sonn for asking so many good questions. Hope you return to full health soon.

Regards all,
Dave

Thanks Dave! I hope your journey is a fruitful one. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Hi my husband Alan and I are on the Camino at the moment actually in Belorado we are having a rest day we have till August to walk the Camino we are taking our time to enjoy our walk the weather had been a little up and down we walked through the rain last couple of days and we had a couple of days in the 30s last week. So far we've had great experiences with other Pilgrims and alberges the people are very friendly and eager to help, we picked up a lot of good advise I can only say that some Pilgrim miss a lot by rushing their walk I understand time is an issue for some I see people walking so fast and passing us while i stop and take photos they are worried they will not get a bed or they have their main luggage shifted to their next stop and they have dead line to meet. Alan had a blister since day one and it's healing very slowing, yesterday I had problem with my shin in the last hour of our walk I am sure after a rest day all will be ok.
Buen Camino

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back