A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Why did you change your avatar?

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Camino(s) past & future
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Some might have noticed that I changed my avatar lately. Reason being, pilgrims that met me here in Santiago started to say "Your hair is a bit whiter than in your avatar". So I changed it, to be more up to date with reality ;-)

What was your reason to change your avatar (if you did so)? BC SY

ranthr

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
C Frances 2005, 2007
Le Puy en Velay -SdC 2009
Via de la Plata 2011
gr 653 from Oloron to Puente la Reina 2012
Gr65 from le Puy to Figeac 2013
Irun to Santander 2013
Porto to SdC 2014
Astorga to SdC 2015
Learned a new English word today, but my AVATAR is still from 2011 walking Via de la Plata. Guess the picture from Salamanca was why I changed my avatar then.

trecile

Camino Addict
Camino(s) past & future
Francés (2016 & 2017), Norte (2018), Francés-Salvador-Norte (2019), Portuguese (2019)
Some might have noticed that I changed my avatar lately. Reason being, pilgrims that met me here in Santiago started to say "Your hair is a bit whiter than in your avatar". So I changed it, to be more up to date with reality ;-)

I was going to compliment you on your new avatar. You look lovely.😊

VNwalking

Wandering in big circles
Camino(s) past & future
Francés ('14/'15)
San Olav/CF ('16)
Baztanés/CF ('17)
Ingles ('18)
Vasco/CF/Invierno ('19)
It's such a lovely photo, kitten and all!

I've changed mine a couple of times for no particular reason. 'Just because.' Now I'm back to the original, which I like because it's more about the camino than about me.

Paul Corrin

Camino(s) past & future
Sarria-Santiago (2017)
Santiago-Muxia-Fisterra (2017)
Porto-Santiago (2018)
Ferrol-Santiago (2019

Sybil, your hair does not reflect who you are inside! Our hair might be getting whiter, but there is a rainbow inside!

Icacos

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances (2013)
My avatar is the fob of the only souvenir I purchased in Santiago, a key chain. I had wanted to be sure that I got a fob with peregrino, shell and arrow all pointing in the same direction and I had spent too much of my scarce time in the city selecting this particular one: with arrow and shell both pointing ‘west.’ It was only after I got home that I realized - to my great dismay - that my little peregrino was walking in the opposite direction. I was crestfallen. Later, somewhere on this forum, I mentioned my disappointment about this, and it was @wayfarer (please forgive me if someone else should be credited here, but I don’t think so) who suggested that my little peregrino had already reached Santiago and was now heading home. I felt so much better. 😊😊😊

That’s why I changed my avatar.

Sixwheeler

Camino(s) past & future
Arles Route (2013/2014 onwards)

"Your hair is whiter...." How rude! It's like people telling me that I'm bald whereas I'm "starting to go a little thin on top".

pelerine

Camino(s) past & future
Norte 10, Primitivo 13, Plata 14+15, Salvador 16, Torres 17, Portugues 18, Mozarabe 19
"Your hair is whiter...." How rude! It's like people telling me that I'm bald whereas I'm "starting to go a little thin on top".
Oh! I thought you wear a cap on your atavar photo to cover up your baldness(?). No need to cover up getting a little thin on top! Ah, the sun! Even with thick hair you need to cover your head!

How rude can you get! Lol!

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Camino Conversations

Camino Conversations

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

Most downloaded Resources

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.2%
  • February

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 55 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 196 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 325 24.8%
  • June

Votes: 95 7.3%
  • July

Votes: 24 1.8%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.1%
  • September

Votes: 379 29.0%
  • October

Votes: 158 12.1%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.3%
  • December

Votes: 7 0.5%

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock