• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Why did you change your avatar?

SYates

Camino Fossil AD 1999, now living in Santiago de C
Time of past OR future Camino
First: Camino Francés 1999
Last: Santiago - Muxia 2019

Now: http://egeria.house/
Some might have noticed that I changed my avatar lately. Reason being, pilgrims that met me here in Santiago started to say "Your hair is a bit whiter than in your avatar". So I changed it, to be more up to date with reality ;-)

What was your reason to change your avatar (if you did so)? BC SY

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
Learned a new English word today, but my AVATAR is still from 2011 walking Via de la Plata. Guess the picture from Salamanca was why I changed my avatar then.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Some might have noticed that I changed my avatar lately. Reason being, pilgrims that met me here in Santiago started to say "Your hair is a bit whiter than in your avatar". So I changed it, to be more up to date with reality ;-)

I was going to compliment you on your new avatar. You look lovely.😊

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Sybil, your hair does not reflect who you are inside! Our hair might be getting whiter, but there is a rainbow inside!

My avatar is the fob of the only souvenir I purchased in Santiago, a key chain. I had wanted to be sure that I got a fob with peregrino, shell and arrow all pointing in the same direction and I had spent too much of my scarce time in the city selecting this particular one: with arrow and shell both pointing ‘west.’ It was only after I got home that I realized - to my great dismay - that my little peregrino was walking in the opposite direction. I was crestfallen. Later, somewhere on this forum, I mentioned my disappointment about this, and it was @wayfarer (please forgive me if someone else should be credited here, but I don’t think so) who suggested that my little peregrino had already reached Santiago and was now heading home. I felt so much better. 😊😊😊

That’s why I changed my avatar.

"Your hair is whiter...." How rude! It's like people telling me that I'm bald whereas I'm "starting to go a little thin on top".

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
"Your hair is whiter...." How rude! It's like people telling me that I'm bald whereas I'm "starting to go a little thin on top".

Oh! I thought you wear a cap on your atavar photo to cover up your baldness(?). No need to cover up getting a little thin on top! Ah, the sun! Even with thick hair you need to cover your head!

How rude can you get! Lol!

Most read last week in this forum

Greetings all. I was scheduled to start in Porto in a few days. Went for a 20 km hike yesterday (my longest thus far) and almost didn’t make it. By the time I got home, I could hardly walk...
I have a confession. I am terrified of - and yes now feel free to laugh - the top bed in bunks with no railing/fence (something to stop you falling out). I've managed to get away with it except...
This is the latest fad for Camino stay out of the wind and woods 🤗.
What are your favorite restaurants, bars, hotels, inns, etc on the Camino Frances NOT in albergues please? Gracias.
Yes, pardon me. So I've just read this cool article about the closing of the Puerta del Perdón in the Monastery of Santo Toribio for the holy year (and it is a very beautiful peurta for sure). It...
We just returned home from watching our second total solar eclipse here in the U.S. in 7 years. Our next is in 20 years. We have become hooked on the magical, mystical, moving unique experience...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back