• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Why do i feel the need to do it again ?

jony jony

Time of past OR future Camino
Frances ( 2007) Via de la Plata 2016/2017 . Sept 2018...Via de la Plata...May2019 via de la plata
I have cycled the via de la plata / Sanabres from Seville to Santiago 3 times ( the last time was April /May this year ) . Before i left Santiago i vowed to not do it again , and to this end i dumped all my cycling shorts/cycling vests/waterproof cycling top and shoes in a re cycling bin (.oh i have just re read that so no pun intended) . My reasoning was that even if i thought about it , i would never go to the expense of replacing all this gear .

I have thought about it 🤭 but am not prepared to re buy all this stuff , so am thinking about walking from Seville to Salamanca in march or May ( avoiding Easter ) . 10 or so years ago i walked part of the Lycian Way in Turkey , so have the backpack , poncho etc but now have less feeling in my feet due to a touch of diabetes ,which is why i ride now .
So finally , my question .......Does anyone else suffer with this nerve damage to their feet and if so how did you cope with the pilgrimage and are there tricky little aids like special socks.....padding ...ointment etc etc that they found useful .?

Regards........John

Last edited:
Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I am not sure what's up with my right foot. I've self-diagnosed it as Morton's Neuroma. I've lost about 15 pounds in the last couple of months, and the pain is much less. Anyway, I plan on finishing up the VDLP beginning in March in Zafra. Maybe we'll see you on the trail! I have figured some shorter walking stages. Let me know if you want to see our walking plan. I use Motion Control inserts in my New Balance trainers and they seem to take the weight off the front of my foot. I have no idea what will happen when I'm carrying a pack, but plan on going super lightweight.

I did the Via de la Plata last april may this year, and the desease is so bad that I am doing it again on the Camino Portguese on november 11.

I just love to walk and meet others....

Holala

A guide to speaking Spanish on the Camino - enrich your pilgrim experience.
Anniesantiago........Thanks for your reply and yes i would be interested in any shorter stages you may know of .

Jean Ti...... The Portugese route is also an idea i have but i do like the heat and dryness of the southern part of the V dl Plata .

If you are able to figure out why you feel the need to do it again, please let us know because it is a mystery to me why I feel the need to continue walking Caminos, lol. As I tap out these words I realize I would rather be trekking across the meseta with a pack on my back wondering where I will stop for some coffee.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
I am not sure what's up with my right foot. I've self-diagnosed it as Morton's Neuroma. I've lost about 15 pounds in the last couple of months, and the pain is much less. Anyway, I plan on finishing up the VDLP beginning in March in Zafra. Maybe we'll see you on the trail! I have figured some shorter walking stages. Let me know if you want to see our walking plan. I use Motion Control inserts in my New Balance trainers and they seem to take the weight off the front of my foot. I have no idea what will happen when I'm carrying a pack, but plan on going super lightweight.
I have Morton's neuromas as well as partial numbness in my feet. I have reduced these problems by hiking in a combination of wider shoes and sandals. I alternate between Chaco sandals and Altra trail runners, favoring the Chacos

Most read last week in this forum

After Requejo, you pass thru a little town, Padornelo and then by a gas station with a bar. You follow N-525 for a short way and then come to a turn off to the right, leading thru Aciberos. There...
My daughter just has a few weeks off so we flew to Portugal to visit my brother in Braga, then he drove us up to Puebla de Sanabria to walk the Camino Sanabres. Tomorrow we start walking, but I...
Greetings from sunny Cea. Are there any hostels between Cea and A Laxe? Hostel in Castro Dozon is closed
After Olleros de Tera at one point you will come to a crossing where there are two arrows. One pointing to the road and one pointing straight on into the greenery. If you have the Via de la Plata...
For anyone around Sevilla, next Saturday marks the end of the annual week long fiesta. I have just had a conversation, as I do weekly (to help her with English), with a friend who is from there...
I’m at Almadén de la Plata at the moment, and my options for tomorrow are to go as far as El Real de la Jara (approx 14km) or continue on to Monesterio (approx 34km). 34 km is a bit far for day 4...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back