Search 57,387 Camino Questions

A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement
Camino Way Markers
Original Camino Way markers made in bronze. Two models, one from Castilla & Leon and the other from Galicia.
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

COVID Why you can’t do online check in:

ScottPilgrim

Year of past OR future Camino
Leaving from NYC today. Tried to check in online yesterday: no dice. Made me nervous because sometimes that correlates with getting “selected” for extra screening, which happened to me once and was no fun. When got to airport the real reason was revealed: an airline employee needs to see your Spanish QR code (and may ask to see your vaccination proof or neg test if you are not vaccinated) before you can get your boarding pass.

Last edited:
Camino Socks
Browse the Camino Socks collection on the forum shop
how to successfully prepare for your Camino
This book's focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared.

JLV

Yes, when my sister in-law went back to Lima,Peru. We could not check her in online. She left from Atlanta.
I told my wife we needed to be at the airport early. Atlanta airport is unbelievably busy, and the lines were very long at the Delta counters. They wanted all documents of tests and Health re-entry document for Peru.

Travel is a little more complicated now unfortunately

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Frances (2015); Aragones-Frances (2016); VdlP-Sanabres (2017); Madrid-Frances-Invierno (2019)Levante
This is not currently the case in Canada. I looked at the Air Canada website today specifically about checking in online 24 hours before my flight to Europe in September. Seats are sold separately for Air Canada flights, and are expensive (more than $60 for a seat on one of my four flights: both ways with connecting flights). It is still possible to pick one of the unsold seats when checking in 24 hours before my flight and to get a free seat. I don't yet know about getting a seat on my connecting flight from London to Valencia. One reason why I was looking into this was that I wanted to make sure that I could go ahead choosing a seat and then finishing filling in my on-line health information for Spain. There seems to be no problem with this.

lt56ny

Veteran Member
CF(2012) Le Puy/CF (2015) Portugues (2017) Norte (2018) CF (2019) VDLP?
Leaving from NYC today. Tried to check in online yesterday: no dice. Made me nervous because sometimes that correlates with getting “selected” for extra screening, which happened to me once and was no fun. When got to airport the real reason was revealed: an airline employee needs to see your Spanish QR code (and may ask to see your vaccination proof or neg test if you are not vaccinated) before you can get your boarding pass.
This is starting to sound a little stressful to me as my check will be with a different airline than the one I will fly to Spain in. Good luck and Buen Camino.

CF- Finisterre-Muxia 03/17; Camino SK 10/17; Norte 03/18; Ingles 11/18; Augusta 03/19
I’ve decide to take only one flight Montreal to Lisbon early October to avoid the additional stress of multiple rules. I’ll then move around from there by ground (mostly feet, plus trains, buses, etc).

Published on Amazon
Guide to the 16 main caminos with maps, pictures, hyperlinks and other information.
Donation to the Forum
A donation to this forum helps it continue to exists and also removes all ads for you.

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
Frances (2015); Aragones-Frances (2016); VdlP-Sanabres (2017); Madrid-Frances-Invierno (2019)Levante
Good luck. One flight to Spain from Montreal is what I booked. Then Air Canada cancelled and said that they could not do it. I am still trying to figure out how to sort out the pandemic restrictions, as I shall be transiting through London on the way to Spain and Frankfurt on the way home.

peregrina2000

Staff member
Good luck. One flight to Spain from Montreal is what I booked. Then Air Canada cancelled and said that they could not do it. I am still trying to figure out how to sort out the pandemic restrictions, as I shall be transiting through London on the way to Spain and Frankfurt on the way home.
The news we have from recent travelers is that transit doesn’t complicate things, but I would still prefer to avoid transfers.

A thought occurred to me, @Albertagirl -- Since flight schedules seem to change every few days, it might be worth it for you to keep an eye out to see if better flights have been scheduled and then prevail on Air Canada to change you. It seems to me they would be obliged to do it (or at least would find it a reasonable request) since you were moved off your original preferred itinerary through no fault of your own. I don’t know how often flight schedules change, but I had two changes in schedule on a recent flight. I had booked it in May. The first schedule change came in late May and then it was changed again in early June.

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
The news we have from recent travelers is that transit doesn’t complicate things, but I would still prefer to avoid transfers.

A thought occurred to me, @Albertagirl -- Since flight schedules seem to change every few days, it might be worth it for you to keep an eye out to see if better flights have been scheduled and then prevail on Air Canada to change you. It seems to me they would be obliged to do it (or at least would find it a reasonable request) since you were moved off your original preferred itinerary through no fault of your own. I don’t know how often flight schedules change, but I had two changes in schedule on a recent flight. I had booked it in May. The first schedule change came in late May and then it was changed again in early June.
Thank you for your concern. I have tried to sort out transiting through London (to Spain) and Frankfurt (to Canada) and have given up for the present. Regulations are constantly changing and pretty much incomprehensible in any case. I shall attempt to sort it out closer to my initial flight to Spain on Sept. 9.

SkyDancer

Camino dreaming
Thank you for your concern. I have tried to sort out transiting through London (to Spain) and Frankfurt (to Canada) and have given up for the present. Regulations are constantly changing and pretty much incomprehensible in any case. I shall attempt to sort it out closer to my initial flight to Spain on Sept. 9.
I’m also transiting through London Heathrow from Toronto. I can’t find any information either so have given up for now. I’ll start checking again closer to my September departure date. :)

Albertagirl

Veteran Member
I’m also transiting through London Heathrow from Toronto. I can’t find any information either so have given up for now. I’ll start checking again closer to my September departure date. :)
If you find out anything, please pass it on. I shall do the same.

Camino Magnets
A collection of Camino Fridge Magnets
Learn how to Get "Camino Ready " 2nd Edition. In English, Spanish, German and Korean

Did not find what you were looking for? Search here

Popular Resources

“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf ivar
  • Featured
“All” Albergues on the Camino Frances in one pdf
4.95 star(s) 100 ratings
Downloads
Updated
A selection of favorite albergues on the Camino Francés Ton van Tilburg
Favorite Albergues along the Camino Frances
4.83 star(s) 35 ratings
Downloads