• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Wifi needing

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
after travelling with a teen whose life support is wifi . I can say that WiFi is not an issue its available almost everywhere on the cf in bars restaurants, alburges......There may be a few establishments without it but if that's the case there will be somewhere nearby.

My friend hasn't reached out to me since he landed in Madrid on Monday and idk if he even got to the Camino safely..
I thought he might not have any wifi but since that's not the issue idk how to reach out to home

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
When he don't have WIFI at te moment , he can make a fone call to you or you to him .

Wish you well , Peter .

If it's on airplane mode, wifi will not work. It wont matter if albergues and hotels have it or not.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
If it's on airplane mode, wifi will not work. It wont matter if albergues and hotels have it or not.
Actually, phones can be in airplane mode and still use wi-fi quite successfully. Airplane mode only shuts off the connection to the cell telephone system. Try sending a text/SMS message.

Actually, phones can be in airplane mode and still use wi-fi quite successfully. Airplane mode only shuts off the connection to the cell telephone system. Try sending a text/SMS message.
Standard SMS is carried on the mobile network, and won't work if the phone is in airplane mode. An app like messanger or WhatsApp might work for text messages if they are installed and the phone has connected to a WiFi network.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Don 't worry...Spain is not a backward or unsafe country. Two days are not a great deal.
He surely is too busy discovering how the things are and making new friends....or being too tired to think about sms. Is is not unusual that people in the Camino stop their communications with friends and family for a while.

This question of the OP is a good reminder to think about ways and terms of communications when on a Camino.

Some people want to be incommunicado when going on a pilgrimage. Others want to be connected with friends / family on a more regular basis.

Before I leave I talk it through with my OH , my mum and my neighbour ( she takes care of house and cat ) how we will communicate and be in contact with each other. OH gets a textmessage everyday ( he travels worldwide so due to timezones etc calling him is not always possible ). The neighbour will only text me when she has a question. Mum and I will call each other daily at a certain time in the evening for just a couple of minutes.
Rest of the day the phone is out.
Friends and workmates can follow me on FB if they want.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
My friend hasn't reached out to me since he landed in Madrid on Monday and idk if he even got to the Camino safely..
I thought he might not have any wifi but since that's not the issue idk how to reach out to home
Is your friend familiar with his phone, or did he get it just prior to this trip? If he got it just before this trip, and is anything like me, he might need help in operating it. I had to find someone to show me how just to connect to wifi and even so after that there were other issues that needed to be sorted out. All this, plus walking and everything else, takes time.

I wish you and your friend well. Do let us know when you hear from him.

Also, on which camino is s/he? The Camino Frances has plenty of wifi - other, less walked ones, less wifi. Two days isn't a long time, s/he might just enjoy the pilgrimage experience. Buen Camino, SY

I have a very bad habit of forgetting to turn my phone off once off the airplane. It has at times been stuck there for days after I go to a movie.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
It's only Wednesday. Even with access to wifi, lots of people don't communicate often with people at home. Unless you had a plan that he would contact you specifically, I wouldn't worry about it.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

It may depend on the phone: my iphone 6 was on airplane mode the whole 7 weeks I was gone. I didn't get phone/text services, but I had Whatsapp, email, and other connections over wifi. And the wifi is ubiquitous on the Frances, Finisterre, and Muxia caminos as well.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi! I'm traveling to Porto tomorrow and starting the Camino on the 19th, the problem is that I've just weighed my pack and it's 2 kilos more than it should be! Should I get rid of some stuff or...
My son has advised me to delete unnecessary apps, books, podcasts, downloaded videos etc from my iPhone. Saves up to 250gms. Great weight saving hack.
Hello all - thank you all so much for all of the guidance on what is not my only first camino but first hike over about 5 miles! I've headed a lot of advice about backpacks and trekking poles and...
While reading through one of the more recent water bottle vs. hydration bladder debates, I was reminded of something I came across a few weeks ago, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about until said...
With this device, you can pack everything you might want (including your fears) irrespective of weight.
Hi there! I was on the fence about poles bc I've never used them and as mentioned previously, brand new to hiking. But because I'm in treatment for breast cancer and as such have a decent amount...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.