• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Alert Wildfire on the Vezelay: danger on the route

Topics realted to Hazards on the camino de Santiago

JanusDT

Time of past OR future Camino
Vezelay
Hey!

I just learned from the tourist office in Bazas that parts of the Vezelay route are closed due to forest fire. Does anyone (maybe a native French speaker) have more info for me on the matter?

Kind regards,
Janus

Last edited:
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
There are very intense fires on the west coast of France in the general area of Bordeaux and Les Landes. See more here. Where are you now?

There are very intense fires on the west coast of France in the general area of Bordeaux and Les Landes. See more here. Where are you now?
Thank you! At the moment I am in Saint-Ferme, close to La Reole. I am thinking about walking untill Bazas and than take a train to SJPDP for the Frances camino.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Thank you! At the moment I am in Saint-Ferme, close to La Reole. I am thinking about walking untill Bazas and than take a train to SJPDP for the Frances camino.
That should be a good plan. Here is another update re the fires in the Gironde area where you are today.This is a list of roads and cycle paths closed.
Before you walk further south make sure that you can get a train from Bazas.

Stay safe and keep up with the news.
Please also keep posting what you see as you go.
Godspeed.

Last edited:
After Captieux the route is closed (because after this the camino goes trough a lot of forest). Alberges are only open in de morning, untill 14:00.

Last edited:

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back